EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
January 20th, 2014 at 8:02:37 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

People who drink bottled water have issues too......According to another thread LOL



I drink vodka but never when I'm playing. I never
play after dinner anyway, so it's not a problem. I
do all my playing in the afternoon. You lose your
sharpness in the evening when all your blood is
digesting your food, that's why people get drowsy.
Throw a couple drinks in there and just give the
casino your money at the cage and go up to your
room.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Mission146
Mission146 
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 15272
January 20th, 2014 at 8:04:54 PM permalink
Just have to be responsible.

If you're playing Craps, don't start making center bets just because you're a little tipsy, or betting more money than you usually would. If you're playing Video Poker, just slow down, you don't suddenly forget how to play because you have a few drinks.

Actually, if you are playing a -ER VP game, then drinking could help if it makes you slow down, your expected loss will be less because your total action is less, assuming you play for the same length of time!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
January 20th, 2014 at 8:21:09 PM permalink
Maybe I was just drunk at the time but didn't we have a thread on this very subject a year ago?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 2501
January 20th, 2014 at 8:22:49 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Maybe I was just drunk at the time but didn't we have a thread on this very subject a year ago?


After 4 years, aren't many of the topics repeats ?
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
January 20th, 2014 at 8:25:02 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

After 4 years, aren't many of the topics repeats ?

I just did a search, not only was there another thread on this subject but there's yet another one that skipped my attention completely (and that was just the first page of results). There are plenty of other forum police without my help, carry on.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 962
January 20th, 2014 at 8:35:29 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Bottled water. People who drink when they gamble
have issues.



Are you saying people who don't drink when they gamble don't have issues? If so, what's your point? People have issue?
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
January 20th, 2014 at 8:41:37 PM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

Are you saying people who don't drink when they gamble don't have issues? If so, what's your point?



Point is, if you drink and gamble you don't
take gambling seriously. How could you
if you willingly tamper with your ability
to make sound decisions.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Tomspur
Tomspur
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
January 20th, 2014 at 8:50:13 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Point is, if you drink and gamble you don't
take gambling seriously. How could you
if you willingly tamper with your ability
to make sound decisions.



I'm not for one second putting my following statement forward for use or suggest it is a good idea BUT:

Perhaps card counters who are very well versed in the ways of counting will sometimes drink and appear rowdy in order to disguise their play? I know you can "act" drunk and disorderly" even when you are stone cold sober but it leans to some convincing when you aren't "into it" 100%
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
January 20th, 2014 at 8:51:41 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I drink vodka but never when I'm playing. I never
play after dinner anyway, so it's not a problem. I
do all my playing in the afternoon. You lose your
sharpness in the evening when all your blood is
digesting your food, that's why people get drowsy.
Throw a couple drinks in there and just give the
casino your money at the cage and go up to your
room.



you don't have to have full use of "your blood" to play roulette, bob. a chimp could play it as well as stephen hawking. you just pick a number and hope to get lucky.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
January 20th, 2014 at 9:15:34 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

you don't have to have full use of "your blood" to play roulette, bob. a chimp could play it as well as stephen hawking. you just pick a number and hope to get lucky.



Right. Many drunk VP, blackjack, craps, etc. players are going to outdo the sober guy playing the double zero wheel.

  • Jump to: