Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 78
February 16th, 2021 at 1:10:03 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I love living in Vegas every day of the year but it is days like this... That I look at the map of what the rest if the country is going through with snow and cold, that I am a little extra grateful I am here and not.. "there".

In general I agree but it is still a little cold for me.
Order from chaos
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
February 16th, 2021 at 1:10:37 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I love living in Vegas every day of the year but it is days like this... That I look at the map of what the rest if the country is going through with snow and cold, that I am a little extra grateful I am here and not.. "there".

We had a foot of snow last 24 hours. My northern suburb of Buffalo only averages maybe 4 feet a year. Roads uneventfully plowed. No power outages. Driveway snowblowed. Other than it looking pretty it really is a big nothing. I think it was high 20ís last few days. But supposed to get really cold tonight... maybe 8 or 9 degrees. Iím hoping to go sit in my hot tub. Great except for the 15 seconds between hot tub and when I get in the house!
DRich
DRich
February 16th, 2021 at 1:18:05 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

We had a foot of snow last 24 hours. My northern suburb of Buffalo only averages maybe 4 feet a year. Roads uneventfully plowed. No power outages. Driveway snowblowed. Other than it looking pretty it really is a big nothing. I think it was high 20ís last few days. But supposed to get really cold tonight... maybe 8 or 9 degrees. Iím hoping to go sit in my hot tub. Great except for the 15 seconds between hot tub and when I get in the house!

When are you moving to Florida? Is there an event you are waiting on before moving? You could be golfing every day and not shoveling snow.
Order from chaos
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 54
February 16th, 2021 at 1:18:12 PM permalink
There's a glaze of frozen rain on my car.
krachoff
krachoff
  • Threads: 1
February 16th, 2021 at 1:28:32 PM permalink
Here in Bulgaria is the same.
- 11 celsium and its icy everywhere. I hate winters, dream to african :D
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 16th, 2021 at 1:32:26 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

When are you moving to Florida? Is there an event you are waiting on before moving? You could be golfing every day and not shoveling snow.

Iím not making travel plans until wife has at least gotten 1st shot, and then we will have a firm date for second shot. Plus we have her daughters still living with us. So a tad more complicated than just leaving.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
February 16th, 2021 at 2:06:21 PM permalink
6 below zero tonight. 10 candle
bedroom heat. I'm setting them
up now, 12" wedding tapers.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DRich
DRich
February 16th, 2021 at 2:37:34 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Iím not making travel plans until wife has at least gotten 1st shot, and then we will have a firm date for second shot. Plus we have her daughters still living with us. So a tad more complicated than just leaving.

The shot makes sense. I didn't realize that you still had kids living with you. Have you decided on your Florida location yet?
Order from chaos
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 16th, 2021 at 3:43:25 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

The shot makes sense. I didn't realize that you still had kids living with you. Have you decided on your Florida location yet?

Wellllll...... since this is the ĎHow cold is it threadí.... No! I think we will pick the Villages, but Naples still in play. Wife gets daily Ďhouses availableí sent to her via email. I think for me having essentially unlimited golf courses included makes the Villages a great deal. Golf in Naples will likely cost me an additional $10k a year. Butttttt.... my wife thinks 80 is a cold day.... Naples is warmer in the winter..... Naples is more expensive house for house. My older son lives 1 hour from the Villages.

Betting odds. Villages 75%. Naples 25%. Hopefully we will be down there in a month or two....
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
February 16th, 2021 at 4:41:57 PM permalink
In the mid-50s in SE Arizona, but exceptionally windy. The Mule Mountains along the border got a nice dusting of snow which made for a nice morning view, but the cold wind is blowing pretty strong. It's not an outdoor dining day.

• Jump to: