Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 153
  • Posts: 5549
April 10th, 2013 at 9:45:52 AM permalink
http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/bob_dancer/2013/0409.cfm

This should be interesting. The Roulette issue aside, he does make some valid points.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 3278
April 10th, 2013 at 10:43:29 AM permalink
Well, Dancer may not have been interested in learning more, as he has found his little glitch, but I would love to have been a fly on the wall. I like to think I also have found my little glitch in AP, but am always eager to learn new concepts and ideas. There is never a reason to stop learning. :)
Just say no to 6:5 Blackjack, Continuous shuffle machines and Blackjack the Forum. All are Negative expected value.
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5111
April 10th, 2013 at 10:58:18 AM permalink
I spoke with two people who claim to be AP roulette players recently. I told them to their face I think the whole idea is ridiculous, but what do I know? I don't have any interest myself, but these people claim that what they do works.

I would at least want to do single zero at higher limits, but these guys do double zero tables.

My understanding is that Archie Karas plays roulette every day as well.
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3345
April 10th, 2013 at 11:37:10 AM permalink
More AP rubbish. "Joe" can predict the speed of the ball going one way, the speed of the wheel going the other and the bounce of the ball as it bounces around before finding a resting place in a number.

I assume he would be up for some sort of challenge like the Wizard provides or the magician James Randi does. I almost feel like quitting my job and just providing challenges to all the "AP" players that can beat Casino games. I'm pretty sure I could make a pretty good living.

ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5111
April 10th, 2013 at 1:22:29 PM permalink
These guys who claimed they were AP playing seemed to be resting on gambler's fallacy.

But sectioning out the wheel and betting every number equally and grabbing three to fifteen numbers based on a portion of the wheel you expect NOT to hit would be a viable way to play the game if you could take those bets down starting with the three, and grabbing numbers off the felt as you felt more confident they would not hit.

I never heard of anyone AP'ing this way though.

It seems that this felt would allow you to bet this way, no, if those are bets on specific number physically around the wheel:

DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4726
April 10th, 2013 at 1:30:43 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

I would at least want to do single zero at higher limits, but these guys do double zero tables.



Wow, I can't imagine people that are regularly beating double zero tables in Las Vegas without cheating. Single zero I could see but even that would be difficult to find enough opportunities to make any real money at it.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 421
  • Posts: 23058
April 10th, 2013 at 1:36:50 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

More AP rubbish. "Joe" can predict the speed of the ball going one way, the speed of the wheel going the other and the bounce of the ball as it bounces around before finding a resting place in a number.



Not just one number, several numbers. There are players who have
been doing this for decades, especially in Europe where roulette is
the most popular casino game. Its called VB, Visual Ballistics. Munchkin
had Laurance Scott on the radio show a couple weeks ago talking about
this subject. Its a very valid AP method.

http://www.richardmunchkin.com/2013/03/professional-roulette-prediction-by.html
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
April 10th, 2013 at 1:58:40 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Not just one number, several numbers. There are players who have
been doing this for decades, especially in Europe where roulette is
the most popular casino game. Its called VB, Visual Ballistics. Munchkin
had Laurance Scott on the radio show a couple weeks ago talking about
this subject. Its a very valid AP method. http://www.richardmunchkin.com/2013/03/professional-roulette-prediction-by.html



What? EvenBob is being sarcastic. Right? I played Roulette in Cincy yesterday. The pockets are so shallow that the ball could take several trips around the wheel after the drop. Unless Munchkin and Scott included Kreskin in their AP I'm not buying it.....
Each day is better than the next
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3345
April 10th, 2013 at 2:05:39 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Not just one number, several numbers. There are players who have
been doing this for decades, especially in Europe where roulette is
the most popular casino game. Its called VB, Visual Ballistics. Munchkin
had Laurance Scott on the radio show a couple weeks ago talking about
this subject. Its a very valid AP method. http://www.richardmunchkin.com/2013/03/professional-roulette-prediction-by.html



You had better being sarcastic. My faith in anything you say is gone if you believe it because it was on the radio...

By the way, the article you are linking to has been removed.

ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 421
  • Posts: 23058
April 10th, 2013 at 2:10:57 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

You had better being sarcastic. My faith in anything you say is gone if you believe it because it was on the radio...

By the way, the article you are linking to has been removed.

ZCore13



Thats odd, its there, I just looked at it again.

I've known VB players for years, its for sure a
real thing. There are forums where all they
talk about is visual ballistics, books have been
written about it.

Lets see if this works: http://www.richardmunchkin.com/2013/03/professional-roulette-prediction-by.html
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

  • Jump to: