Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 13th, 2013 at 10:46:52 AM permalink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHJjVSI3MHQ
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
February 13th, 2013 at 4:40:28 PM permalink
The show is held annually (they've moved it out to ExCel from Earls Court this year) and is the London showcase for the industry. I didn't go this year, but yes there were some pretty dealers and pamphlet distributors when I went a few years ago. It's also a great place to try out new games, new fruit machines, and see some of what's coming along. Interestingly many of the table games/side bets seem to have bitten the dust from the one I went to. Also many of the fruit machines, with large progressive jackpots, would never make it to the UK.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
February 13th, 2013 at 4:47:38 PM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

...Also many of the fruit machines, with large progressive jackpots, would never make it to the UK.

Any speculation why that is so? I would assume the love of big prizes amongst the folks who play slots is universal.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 13th, 2013 at 5:28:42 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Any speculation why that is so? I would assume the love of big prizes amongst the folks who play slots is universal.

as far as I am aware, UK Gaming regulations currently limit slot machines to a maximum stake of £2 per spin, and a maximum jackpot of £4000.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 17th, 2013 at 12:28:03 PM permalink
Eye Candy is always worth a second look.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
  • Jump to: