Thread Rating:

kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
October 16th, 2012 at 11:24:30 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I think the polls will favor Obama in this debate, HOWEVER, I now think the next debate won't really do much for either candidate.

I don't expect Obama to repeat debate 1, and I don't see much possibility of either candidate delivering the equivelent of a debate knockout to the other. Though, I suppose one or other could make a major gaffe, I really don't expect it from either.

Agreed, plus debate 3 topic is foreign policy. Will be an opportunity for Romney to hit Obama on poor handling of The Libya attack. Obama's admin looks bad on that. Mistakes were made and good people lost their lives because of it, so I don't want to trivialize that fact, but that incident and foreign policy in general is not the focus of most voters. The economy is. In the absense of a major mistake by either side, I don't see that third debate moving the needle much.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 17th, 2012 at 4:26:20 AM permalink
Thinking more about the debate, I can see how hard it is to be objective about a winner when a President with a less than stellar record is involved. President Obama definitely brought his performance up a few levels after the first debate but he had to defend his failures, which is just not easy.

Look back four years--when the President had no record to be concerned with--it was much easier to use words to paint a much weaker Republican candidate as not being the right person for the job at that time. He comes into a debate like this with accomplishments, to be sure, but a whole string of failures, too.

Looking at in that light, the President did great. I don't think it matters. What matters is how the undecideds who watched felt about the President's record on improving the economy--the promises he made contrasted with what actually happened--not how well he appeared to do in the debate.

Sometimes you may win the battle but lose the war...we'll see!!
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
October 17th, 2012 at 10:26:58 AM permalink
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
October 17th, 2012 at 10:41:03 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

You could write whatever you want on it, there is no possible picture of that guy that would fail to be hilarious.

"I don't always eat Raisan Bran, but when I do, I prefer two scoops."

Still funny, anything would be!!!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 228
October 17th, 2012 at 10:58:13 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

What is wrong with this statement? Seriously?

At least Romney thinks women care about more than free birth control pills and abortions. If you listened to Obama you would think that is all a woman's life revolved around.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
October 17th, 2012 at 11:02:16 AM permalink
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Scotty71
Scotty71
  • Threads: 19
October 17th, 2012 at 11:18:15 AM permalink
I'm 99.9% I'll vote Romney.

I didn't catch all the debate...he fumbled the Libya "scandal" if you ask me. Stammering and stuttering doesn't look good but. IMO obama has some balls to go to LV for a fundraiser after throwing you guys under the bus in 08 or 09. I think Obama won it FWIW.

I evidently missed the remarks about having folders of women....was he talking about resumes or something?
when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." E.E. Cummings
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 228
October 17th, 2012 at 11:21:35 AM permalink
Quote: Scotty71

I evidently missed the remarks about having folders of women....was he talking about resumes or something?

I did not see it, but I believe so. Somehow liberals think keeping an employee prospect file is sexist.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
October 17th, 2012 at 11:27:54 AM permalink
Quote: Scotty71

No so much talking as fibbing. Romney indicated that when he was elected Governor, he noticed the he didn't have any broads working for him. So he says that he initiated a search by reaching out the ladies' groups and they gave him binders full of broads to pick from. He hired a total of Zero for cabinet level positions.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
  • Threads: 106
October 17th, 2012 at 11:34:10 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

At least Romney thinks women care about more than free birth control pills and abortions. If you listened to Obama you would think that is all a woman's life revolved around.

That's because that is all a woman's life revolves around, if you take Barbra Streisand and Rosie O'Donnell as the standard for women. This is based on something from 2000, where Rosie announced on her show that she was voting for Gore, and it was for the same reason Barbra was; she then showed a clip of Streisand saying she was voting for Gore "for three reasons; the Supreme Court, the Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court"; I interpret "the Supreme Court" as "upholding Roe v. Wade".

• Jump to: