Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 74
January 20th, 2021 at 12:24:24 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Was in Starbucks this morning and I saw a female barista wearing a mask with the Playboy symbol (bunny rabbit head with bowtie) prominently displayed. I don't think there was a person working in there old enough to actually recognize the logo, although I'm sure an older customer would probably mention it sooner or later.

I didn't.

It is a cute ornament I suppose aside from knowing the actual connection.

File a complaint with Howard Schultz. You should be able to work it enough to get free starbucks for life.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
January 20th, 2021 at 12:59:18 PM permalink
Remember when a TV had to warm up for about 30 seconds before it would actually turn on?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 20th, 2021 at 1:16:57 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Remember when a TV had to warm up for about 30 seconds before it would actually turn on?

I like these posts! I donít think I would have ever remembered such without this reminder! Now the few seconds it takes seems like an eternity!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
January 20th, 2021 at 2:12:41 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I like these posts! I donít think I would have ever remembered such without this reminder! Now the few seconds it takes seems like an eternity!

You sound like a guy I once worked with. We worked near the airport and heard a plane go over. Someone said something then I mentioned how until about 1980 you would regularly hear jets fly over so loud that you had to stop talking because you could not hear each other. I'd estimate he was born in the 1950s. Anyhow after I said it the guy kind of freezes and after a few seconds says "I REMEMBER THAT!"

Ohm, yeah, remember when a 707 flying overhead was so loud you could not hear the people near you talking?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 425
January 20th, 2021 at 4:26:20 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Still can't beat the old vacuum
tubes for performance. The
old McIntosh amps from
the 50's and 60's are worth
huge money now for their
sound quality. Harry Bosch
has one on the Prime series.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Headlock
Headlock
  • Threads: 22
January 20th, 2021 at 4:44:57 PM permalink
In 1978 me and my girl went to McDonalds. They had straw dispensers at the time. We would take a bunch of straws and put them together so we would have a straw 20 ft long. Shortly afterwards, the straw dispensers were gone. They gave you one straw with your order.

• Jump to: