Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 23rd, 2011 at 5:30:45 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if the church's web site would accept its piece of humble pie. No mention of the fact that we're all still here.

I'm reminded of an old Al Jaffee cartoon:

Hippy with a sandwich board saying: As predicted, the world ended yesterday. This is an illusion.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
PaulEWog
PaulEWog
  • Threads: 9
May 24th, 2011 at 4:53:52 AM permalink

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if the church's web site would accept its piece of humble pie. No mention of the fact that we're all still here.

That web site gets a 404 error, apparently they have redone their website in the past day, maybe because they were getting a lot of hits to it... And perhaps that is the point of the exercise.

The news had him on this morning and he said October 21st, (22nd?) is now the day the brimstone hits the fan. Saturday was just judgment day.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1317
August 27th, 2011 at 2:18:16 PM permalink
Quote: PaulEWog

The news had him on this morning and he said October 21st, (22nd?) is now the day the brimstone hits the fan. Saturday was just judgment day.

That is what his web site says as well. I thought the first time he was wrong he used that excuse -- that the gates of Heaven closed, but we still had some more time Earth. I'd be a little angry if I gave away all my stuff, and now I have to get by another five months.

When he is proven wrong on 10/21, for the third time, I wonder if he will be contrite and accept that three strikes and you're out. I would hope so, but would lay good odds a fourth date will soon come out afterward. Then again, the web site said the head of that church had a stroke, so maybe he won't make it to see his own strikeout.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
August 27th, 2011 at 6:27:12 PM permalink

That is what his web site says as well. I thought the first time he was wrong he used that excuse -- that the gates of Heaven closed, but we still had some more time Earth. I'd be a little angry if I gave away all my stuff, and now I have to get by another five months.

When he is proven wrong on 10/21, for the third time, I wonder if he will be contrite and accept that three strikes and you're out. I would hope so, but would lay good odds a fourth date will soon come out afterward. Then again, the web site said the head of that church had a stroke, so maybe he won't make it to see his own strikeout.

I think there's little doubt that he's wrong again.

But ... if you give me 52 guesses, I guarantee I'll guess the card once. If the rapture shall happen as the Christians believe, and crackpots take their 52 (or however many) guesses, one of them will be "right."

All that to say, he along with all similar people before him and who will follow him, will keep guessing, no matter how many times they're wrong. Unfortunately.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 213
August 27th, 2011 at 8:02:18 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

RIP Macho Man.

Not sure I had seen that. Too bad. Ditto with Elizabeth. It's
one thing with Andre, that was a physical condition. BTW, great
role for the Giant in an oldie but a goodie, PRINCESS BRIDE.

"I AM THE GOON SQUAD". And about a dozen other great
quotes.
All around me are familiar faces / Worn out places, worn out faces / Bright and early for their daily races / Going nowhere, going nowhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLnwIkkps
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 213
August 27th, 2011 at 8:38:07 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

She left us in 2003 (overdosed).

Quick google search: she was born the same year I was.....
All around me are familiar faces / Worn out places, worn out faces / Bright and early for their daily races / Going nowhere, going nowhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLnwIkkps
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
September 17th, 2011 at 2:08:01 PM permalink
Fear not Wiz or any others fearful of the end. As it says in the Book of Austin, Chapter 3, Verse 16 - "And lo! In His Year 2011, Moon of May, He shall revert to Him of Old. Vengence, Spite and Restribution shall reign supreme in the Kingdom of He. But alas! A mighty angel will be delivered forth and smite him as so, taking upon the throne as the new He, and Man shall bask in his love. Oh Yeah!!!

(as an aside, is this offensive? Or have I simply confirmed myself a spot in Hell? Or is this just good times?)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.

• Jump to: