Thread Rating:

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 14th, 2011 at 11:12:52 AM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

(And the end result is not that she's a man, but rather, a mutilated woman.)

And you wonder I have nothing to say to you.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 14th, 2011 at 6:28:16 PM permalink
FleaStiff's statement was the archetypal kind of protected free speech -- something you may disagree with, even find horribly distasteful, but must be allowed in a free society. As long as he is not inciting violence or advocating violent overthrow, it should be allowed.

Then again, it is your site, so you can do whatever you want. If you want to follow "free speech" principles, however, as the title of the forum indicates, you should allow it.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Nareed
Nareed
February 14th, 2011 at 6:41:00 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

FleaStiff's statement was the archetypal kind of protected free speech -- something you may disagree with, even find horribly distasteful, but must be allowed in a free society. As long as he is not inciting violence or advocating violent overthrow, it should be allowed.

Hmm. Suggesting anyone shoot, assuming to kill, people not engaged in either violent acts or posing an imminent threat to anyone is inciting violence.
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
February 14th, 2011 at 7:28:37 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

And you wonder I have nothing to say to you.

I don't wonder at all.

It seems you persist in the fiction that there is such a thing possible as a "sex change operation". You can hack off or install some extremities, but you can't change the internal structure, organs, etc. without highly invasive and almost certainly fatal surgery. This isn't being mean or discriminatory or nasty or prejudiced or bigoted or oppressive or whatever other label. It's acknowledging a simple reality--that current medical science does not, in point of fact, include the ability to change a man into a woman, or a woman into a man.

Simple truth; we don't yet have the technology. Why get upset about it? It is what it is. The fact of the matter is that you will always be a man, because you were born that way: that's your anatomy. It might be nice if that didn't hold true, but wishing won't make it so. I certainly understand and even sympathize with the urge to change sex--this is where you are utterly wrong in your assumptions about me. I have seen how believing that it is possible to change sex has ruined my niece's body, and to some extent, her mind. I truly wish that what she wants--and what you want--WAS possible.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Nareed
Nareed
February 14th, 2011 at 7:33:24 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

I don't wonder at all.

When will I ever learn: Do not feed the trolls.
kracker21
kracker21
  • Threads: 1
February 14th, 2011 at 8:38:58 PM permalink

Hes not a troll because he says something you dont want to hear. You can take a chev impala and do some body work on it change some parts but your not going to go around telling people its corvette
Nareed
Nareed
February 14th, 2011 at 8:42:14 PM permalink
Quote: kracker21

Hes not a troll because he says something you dont want to hear.

When he gets into the JL mode, his sole aim is to see how hurtful he can be. He fails miserably only because most everyone here knows better than to take him seriously. But if he wants to parade his ignorance all over the place, that's his choice. And if you want to join him go right ahead.
kracker21
kracker21
  • Threads: 1
February 14th, 2011 at 10:42:16 PM permalink
What did he say that is wrong? If you dont agree with someone you just call them a troll and ignorant.
mkl654321
mkl654321
February 14th, 2011 at 10:45:21 PM permalink

When he gets into the JL mode, his sole aim is to see how hurtful he can be. He fails miserably only because most everyone here knows better than to take him seriously. But if he wants to parade his ignorance all over the place, that's his choice. And if you want to join him go right ahead.

Nareed is being hypersensitive, and grossly unreasonable. I have no interest in hurting him, her, it, whichever pronoun he, she, it wants to use. Nor should he/she/it be offended by my simple statement: There is no such thing as a sex change operation, as in, an operation that results in an actual sex change. That isn't "ignorance"--"ignorance" is to fail to acknowledge that simple truth.

If anyone's in "the JL mode" here, it's Nareed.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
mkl654321
mkl654321
February 14th, 2011 at 10:47:30 PM permalink

When will I ever learn: don't expect anyone who is in the habit of inappropriately and excessively reacting to perceived slights to ever change (or to EVER, ever acknowledge that they were wrong in doing so).

• Jump to: