ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
January 28th, 2011 at 2:55:16 PM permalink
On the large electoral losses for Democrats last November ...

Quote: Congressman Jim Moran D-VA

It happened ... for the same reason the Civil War happened in the United States. Southern states, particularly the slaveholding states, didn't want to see a president who was opposed to slavery.

In this case a lot of people in this country, it's my belief, don't want to be governed by an African-American.

Wow. If that were the case, you'd think Obama would never have been elected in the first place.

Just sayin' ...
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
January 28th, 2011 at 3:02:52 PM permalink
Yeah, wouldn't that have been a simpler way to accomplish it? The pol might answer that question but you would not realize it.
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 28th, 2011 at 3:05:14 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

On the large electoral losses for Democrats last November ...

Wow. If that were the case, you'd think Obama would never have been elected in the first place.

Just sayin' ...

I kind of wonder if that clown realizes that what he's saying is extremely racist; as in, "racism: considering the racial characteristics of a person as the sole, or the primary, criterion by which to judge that person". He's floating the hypothesis that any dissatisfaction with Obama MUST be on account of his race AND NOTHING ELSE. It couldn't possibly be that he rode in on a wave of "Don't worry, I'll fix everything" and two years later, he hasn't fixed anything--could it? Naah, everybody's racist. And by postulating that, he himself is magnifying Obama's racial characteristics and diminishing all his other, far more important characteristics (such as his ideology).
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
  • Jump to: