5 votes (12.82%)
34 votes (87.17%)

39 members have voted

mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 28th, 2011 at 2:58:51 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I get a kick out of reading his posts. I try and figure out what he is saying, no easy task, then try and figure out if he actually believes what he is saying, also no easy task, then try and figure if he really is a gambler, no easy task, then try and figure which sane forum member will respond, and guess what nonsensical retort will come back. If Ken really does play roulette I would PAY to see it myself. I think his posts in general are not rude, at least less so than the responders, so I would not ban him. I would think that at the very least mkl could use some of Ken's posts in his English classes as examples of how not to form a thought.

You know, you may just have something there. Although: only the bottom 5% of my students are down there at Ken's level; the rest of them are usually at least somewhat capable of forming and articulating a coherent thought. And NONE of them think that they can beat roulette.

And I agree with you, "being a babbling loon" is not an impeachable offense here, so there's no reason to ban him. He does some name-calling now and then, but it's a far cry from JerryLoganesque behavior (that person/thing pretty much permanently set the gold standard here).
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
January 28th, 2011 at 3:44:47 PM permalink
Just don't read the posts of people you don't like, thats what I do. Its certainly nothing to get upset over. If you engage someone in conversation who is not as smart as you, he will drag you down to his level, cause you sure as hell ain't going to drag him up to yours. Look at Jerry and MKL. Jerry is obviously not as smart, so he ends up dragging MKL down to his level every time. You'd think MKL would know better..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
January 29th, 2011 at 10:57:40 AM permalink
Quote: MarieBicurie

So let me get this straight, ignore ken and he will go away? I'd bet my entire net worth that he'd stay and keep on rambling for years to come. Do you doubt me? By his own admission he is active on multiple roulette forums and has been for years. Even EvenBob will confirm that mrjjj has been on roulette forums for years. Have you searched these roulette forums dm? I didn't think so. He's a troll here and a troll there, ruining threads every time he posts. Do your research before you make naive suggestions.

Hey kettle! Have you met pot? You have a lot in common. DM seems to be suggesting one of the most logical courses of action. You however respond with venom. What do you want us to do? Once a poll has been started we all sign a petition to get a forum member banned? All because you dont like the way he does things. I have had a share of disagreements with MKL, JerryLogan and EvenBob, but I wouldnt want to organise a hate campaign against them. I will argue and discuss with them, and once it deteriorates just ignore them. If they cross a line, as JL often has, the Wizard takes action.

The amount of decent contributing members here far outweighs the few who occaisionally troll, or hijack the threads.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
January 29th, 2011 at 12:37:17 PM permalink
Oh, an interesting idea would be able to keep people you've banned off the threads you yourself start. (but I don't expect JB to do this, I was just dreaming about possibilities for fun)
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
January 29th, 2011 at 2:16:06 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

If you don't like somebody, block them. This isn't an exclusive club where you can kick somebody out just because you dislike them.

That is excellent and easy to understand advice. This site has over 2200 members with over 1300 who are active. Only 17 responded to the poll which tells me that the majority of members don't have a problem with Ken.

If I started a poll every time I didn't like something, there would be a lot more polls especially in the last month or two.
cellardoor
cellardoor
  • Threads: 1
January 30th, 2011 at 12:36:21 AM permalink
Quote: matilda

Click here

This guy lists his hometown the same as mine, Milwaukee? I've never played roulette at Potawatomi, hell I've only played it once, but if by any chance I see a guy charting the last 25 numbers at a table next time I'm there I will sit right down next to him so I can hopefully have a coherent explanation of how his 'method' works.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
January 30th, 2011 at 5:49:50 AM permalink
Quote: dm

No he's not. Ignore the ridiculous posts and they will go away. The idiots are the ones responding to him.

On other boards if no one responds, he will respond to his own post....again and again and again!!!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
January 30th, 2011 at 5:56:06 AM permalink
Quote: benbakdoff

That is excellent and easy to understand advice. This site has over 2200 members with over 1300 who are active. Only 17 responded to the poll which tells me that the majority of members don't have a problem with Ken.

If I started a poll every time I didn't like something, there would be a lot more polls especially in the last month or two.

No not really. I just stumbled on this thread by looking backward on threads, something I seldom do. I think most people are like me and check out the last ten threads. If it's not there I don't know about it. I seriously doubt 1283 active members saw this thread and did not vote.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
January 30th, 2011 at 1:36:49 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

No not really. I just stumbled on this thread by looking backward on threads, something I seldom do. I think most people are like me and check out the last ten threads. If it's not there I don't know about it. I seriously doubt 1283 active members saw this thread and did not vote.

Yes, I hear you, but this thread is coming up on 600 views without much poll response. Maybe I'm cutting Ken some slack because I used to have a boat named "COOL BREEZE".
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
January 30th, 2011 at 1:46:22 PM permalink
Quote: benbakdoff

Yes, I hear you, but this thread is coming up on 600 views without much poll response.

Thats the same for a lot of polls on the site, far more views than answers. Thats because a lot of the views are from people reading the thread and the responses and generally lurking.

I have not voted because I personally think the two extremes are unfair.
[This space is intentionally left blank]

• Jump to: