Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
December 5th, 2022 at 4:41:24 PM permalink
My younger son just got married. One of the bridesmaids was a friend he made in college who was male when they met. She transitioned to female post graduation. I can see no reason possible to not refer to this friend as ‘she’. It’s just common courtesy. I frankly couldn’t even imagine it.

That being said, this friend is biologically a male, having a Y chromosome. I do not think she should be allowed to compete against biological females who do not have a Y chromosome. There are few if any men’s sports that would exclude a female from competing if the female is good enough. The trans female can compete with the males.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
December 5th, 2022 at 4:51:02 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

My younger son just got married. One of the bridesmaids was a friend he made in college who was male when they met. She transitioned to female post graduation. I can see no reason possible to not refer to this friend as ‘she’. It’s just common courtesy. I frankly couldn’t even imagine it.

That being said, this friend is biologically a male, having a Y chromosome. I do not think she should be allowed to compete against biological females who do not have a Y chromosome. There are few if any men’s sports that would exclude a female from competing if the female is good enough. The trans female can compete with the males.
link to original post

If men's sports don't bar women why should women sport bar men? That is the same argument people make in the military for gender specific PT tests (and that some people try to carry over to fire and police tests, luckily mostly with failure as its illegal in the real world).

There should be a universal standard (or maybe in the case of sports leagues based off of weight/age), and you either make the cut or you don't.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 5th, 2022 at 4:52:24 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

I guarantee many of the "straight guys" on here have been turned on by attractive women who transitioned, and did not think twice of it, but if they had known they would act like they were revolted by their presence..... Its just another subjective superiority issue....
link to original post

Any legit straight guy should be repulsed and revolted at a guy who changes to a woman. It is simply the natural reaction.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
December 5th, 2022 at 5:02:31 PM permalink
Quote: Queen Gertrude in Hamlet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_doth_protest_too_much%2C_methinks

Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ThisIsMyJam
ThisIsMyJam
  • Threads: 0
December 5th, 2022 at 5:03:08 PM permalink

I guarantee many of the "straight guys" on here have been turned on by attractive women who transitioned, and did not think twice of it, but if they had known they would act like they were revolted by their presence..... Its just another subjective superiority issue....
link to original post

I don't believe they'd be "acting" revolted. I think they'd truly be revolted. If a person is attracted to women then finds out this particular person is only outwardly presenting as a woman but has male sex organs or had an operation they'd naturally be turned off. Similarly you might think some lady is hot but then find out she's your long lost sister. Would you still want to jump her bones?
ThisIsMyJam
ThisIsMyJam
December 5th, 2022 at 5:11:09 PM permalink

Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

If men's sports don't bar women why should women sport bar men?
link to original post

Fine, bar women from men's sports then. Clearly in most cases an athletic male will pummel an athletic woman. We've seen it time and again. We all know this to be the case in general. It would take a truly exceptional woman to compete at the same level as a man whereas a man doesn't have to be all that exceptional to compete at the same level as women.

How many times have we seen amateur trans athletes blow women away in women's competitions but when compared to male competitors would be no where near the top?
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
December 5th, 2022 at 5:11:29 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

link to original post

Any legit straight guy should be repulsed and revolted at a guy who changes to a woman. It is simply the natural reaction.
link to original post

Nobody is saying you have to invite them back to your room.
I believe the expectation is to converse civilly or hold your tongue.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Gandler
Gandler
December 5th, 2022 at 5:37:53 PM permalink
Quote: ThisIsMyJam

link to original post

I don't believe they'd be "acting" revolted. I think they'd truly be revolted. If a person is attracted to women then finds out this particular person is only outwardly presenting as a woman but has male sex organs or had an operation they'd naturally be turned off. Similarly you might think some lady is hot but then find out she's your long lost sister. Would you still want to jump her bones?
link to original post

Only if you found out. What if you never found out (which I guarantee has happened in your life)? Some people have slept with transwomen and even dated for months before realizing it, and then suddenly become repulsed, what if they never found out? Does it make the relationship a lie? So, this makes it very believable that many guys have been attracted to (and probably flirted with) at least one trans woman.

The sister argument is less realistic. Very few of us are going to have a sister (that we have zero knowledge of) that we happen to pass long into adulthood and find attractive and end up dating. It's possible, but it's not likely to happen. Maybe for an adopted person (who was given up at birth, and has a parent that has given many children up for adoption in the same region, even this is a stretch) who has zero legal recourse for knowing who their sister by one or both of the same parents is, but at this point you would have zero idea and zero way of knowing other than gut instinct or a DNA test (and at that point is it really even a sister if all you have is a biological parent in common who neither of you knows exists, I mean yeah biologically it is, but in any traditional sense of the word?) I don't know if this has happened with siblings, but this has actually happened with cousins I believe, who never knew they existed (very decentralized family) and married for years without knowing, should they divorce? (I believe in the story they decided against divorce).

But, nobody is telling you to date trans women. But, if you do without knowing you probably will suffer zero harm from it (in fact its empirically safer than cis women from a purely hookup perspective because there is a lower risk of unwanted pregnancy). And, if you never knew, you would never be repulsed. The only reason you would be repulsed is because you choose to find the idea that somebody changed into somebody else repulsive.

It just comes down to respect, nobody is saying you have to date transwomen, but you also don't have to demean them.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
December 5th, 2022 at 5:40:26 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

That's just brain washing from society as you grew up.

The test of that is simple. Put a bunch of men together without women for an extended period of time and see if these testosterone heavy alpha males who most likely would break your face just for looking at them cross eyed will start having sex with "men in drag" or even with men period.

Yes it's called prison.

Of course there are no legit straight guys in prison. I'm certain AZDuffman would have no problem saying this directly to any of these prisoners incarcerated today.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ams288
ams288 
  • Threads: 22
December 5th, 2022 at 5:44:08 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Does that mean if cis women are naturally repulsed and revolted by a man then that man isn’t really a man?

Using this standard, I think Duffman would qualify as a woman. He is very open on DT about how he hasn’t gotten laid in ages (“not worth the hassle” or some similar excuse)
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
ams288
December 5th, 2022 at 5:49:19 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

link to original post

link to original post

Does that mean if cis women are naturally repulsed and revolted by a man then that man isn’t really a man?

Using this standard, I think Duffman would qualify as a woman. He is very open on DT about how he hasn’t gotten laid in ages (“not worth the hassle” or some similar excuse)
link to original post

If sex isn't worth the hassle that's usually a sign of low testosterone production/low sperm count.

Generally a man produces a lot. Not sure if a man who doesn't is really a man.
ThisIsMyJam
ThisIsMyJam
December 5th, 2022 at 6:08:53 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Only if you found out. What if you never found out (which I guarantee has happened in your life)? Some people have slept with transwomen and even dated for months before realizing it, and then suddenly become repulsed, what if they never found out? Does it make the relationship a lie? So, this makes it very believable that many guys have been attracted to (and probably flirted with) at least one trans woman.

The sister argument is less realistic. Very few of us are going to have a sister (that we have zero knowledge of) that we happen to pass long into adulthood and find attractive and end up dating. It's possible, but it's not likely to happen. Maybe for an adopted person (who was given up at birth, and has a parent that has given many children up for adoption in the same region, even this is a stretch) who has zero legal recourse for knowing who their sister by one or both of the same parents is, but at this point you would have zero idea and zero way of knowing other than gut instinct or a DNA test (and at that point is it really even a sister if all you have is a biological parent in common who neither of you knows exists, I mean yeah biologically it is, but in any traditional sense of the word?) I don't know if this has happened with siblings, but this has actually happened with cousins I believe, who never knew they existed (very decentralized family) and married for years without knowing, should they divorce? (I believe in the story they decided against divorce).

But, nobody is telling you to date trans women. But, if you do without knowing you probably will suffer zero harm from it (in fact its empirically safer than cis women from a purely hookup perspective because there is a lower risk of unwanted pregnancy). And, if you never knew, you would never be repulsed. The only reason you would be repulsed is because you choose to find the idea that somebody changed into somebody else repulsive.

It just comes down to respect, nobody is saying you have to date transwomen, but you also don't have to demean them.
link to original post

I can guarantee you I've never dated nor been turned on by an attractive trans woman.

You really didn't need to go that deeply into the sister scenario. You understood my point but if you're willing to date a sibling then so be it. I wouldn't.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 5th, 2022 at 6:17:40 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Any legit alpha male challenges the top male for dominance. It screams beta male to pick easy targets like marginalized people.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Gandler
Gandler
December 5th, 2022 at 6:22:00 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I can guarantee you I've never dated nor been turned on by an attractive trans woman.

You really didn't need to go that deeply into the sister scenario. You understood my point but if you're willing to date a sibling then so be it. I wouldn't.
link to original post

You can't guarantee that, because if you found a trans woman attractive you would instinctively think they were not trans (it would not even enter your mind).

I'm an only child (as far as I know) so I will never have to worry about that scenario, you are the one who brought it up. Great way to dodge a point that you created, when expanded upon, when it does not fit your narrative.
darkoz
darkoz
December 5th, 2022 at 6:24:33 PM permalink

Gandler
Gandler
December 5th, 2022 at 6:25:26 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

link to original post

Any legit alpha male challenges the top male for dominance. It screams beta male to pick easy targets like marginalized people.
link to original post

Underrated point. Especially because the same group loves to say that trans are only 0.0000000001% of the population (exaggerated) and then spends more time harping about them than anyone else....
ThisIsMyJam
ThisIsMyJam
December 5th, 2022 at 6:29:29 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

You can't guarantee that, because if you found a trans woman attractive you would instinctively think they were not trans (it would not even enter your mind).

I'm an only child (as far as I know) so I will never have to worry about that scenario, you are the one who brought it up. Great way to dodge a point that you created, when expanded upon, when it does not fit your narrative.
link to original post

Seeing as how I'm a woman who isn't attracted to women I can indeed guarantee that.
darkoz
darkoz
December 5th, 2022 at 6:34:04 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Seeing as how I'm a woman who isn't attracted to women I can indeed guarantee that.
link to original post

You mean I have been talking to a real woman?

Now I am disgusted!

(Joke)
ThisIsMyJam
ThisIsMyJam
Thanked by
rainman
December 5th, 2022 at 6:35:19 PM permalink
There are a lot of words being used here to avoid answering a simple question. "It doesn't matter what I think.." etc. It's not difficult though many are trying to make it so. If a person actually thinks yes, then they'd just say yes. No need for all these words. It isn't difficult to state, "I'll respect the pronouns they'd like me to use and address them as such but do I believe that person is a biological woman, no."

While it doesn't matter when it comes to addressing them, it does matter when it comes to sports, locker rooms, jails/prisons, and I guess now beauty pageants. For many of you these things don't matter because you're men so why should you care but they do matter to and affect many women.

Is a trans woman the same as me, no.
ThisIsMyJam
ThisIsMyJam
December 5th, 2022 at 6:36:28 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

You mean I have been talking to a real woman?

Now I am disgusted!

(Joke)
link to original post

Sorry to disappoint.
Gandler
Gandler
December 5th, 2022 at 6:38:54 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

The same applies to the reverse (granted its more challenging to sleep with a trans man and not realize it, but surface level attraction).
darkoz
darkoz
December 5th, 2022 at 6:45:41 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

BTW these five pics are NOT all trans.

If you thought they were then you can be easily fooled.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
December 5th, 2022 at 7:30:24 PM permalink
30 minute warning.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
December 5th, 2022 at 8:04:02 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

30 minute warning.
link to original post

Your late.
  • Jump to: