Thread Rating:

MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
November 22nd, 2018 at 10:55:52 AM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

When I was 10, I put a fresh poop on the rocks in the sauna at my local rec center. My brother and I sat in there and watched as people left in disgust. They opened and closed the door so many times that it stunk up the lobby too.



I had a summer job working for the local township I lived in.

One task was to clean the rest rooms at the local swimming venue.

I was amazed one morning to enter the men's bathroom and discover that during the night a horde of intruders had all crapped in the same toilet, resulting in a pyramid of poop which filled the bowl and rose above the lid.

While somewhat in awe I punted and notified the sewer department.
"What, me worry?"
AB21
AB21
Joined: Dec 2, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 50
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDearCrystalMath
November 22nd, 2018 at 2:44:51 PM permalink
Here is something I have never told anyone before. It has been 33 years since it happened and I still shiver when I think about it. One of the stupidest things I have ever done.

Was on my first trip to Vegas in 1984. I planned on staying for 6 weeks to test out the possibility of playing blackjack for a living. After the first week I am on cloud 9 after doubling my bankroll and looking to celebrate and get a little higher. I am staying in a little apartment behind the Flamingo and had met a neighbor who worked in the kitchen there. I asked him if he knew where I could score some weed and he said sure buddy, I know a place.

So we jump on the bus and are heading to the “projects”. A few minutes after getting off the bus we are approached by 5 dudes and start talking about making a deal. One of the guys produces a bag and we agree on a price of 40 bucks. We are all huddled in a circle and the guy holding the bag is urging me to complete the deal quickly before the cops come around. Here is the really stupid part. I pull out my wallet and begin flipping through hundred dollar bills looking for 2 twenties. I still vividly remember the gasps and bulging eyes from those guys to this day.

Before I knew it one of the dudes had grabbed my wallet. My reflexes were pretty fast, but he did manage to rip out the center portion with all my ID and stuff. I quickly backed away and made a deal to buy my ID back for 100 bucks. I then sprinted for about a mile (only stopping to puke once from the stress) until I was able to hail a cab back to the strip.

End result was that I paid 100 bucks for $40 worth of pot and received a life long memory, not to mention a huge life lesson.
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
November 23rd, 2018 at 10:22:29 AM permalink
Quote: AB21

Here is something I have never told anyone before. It has been 33 years since it happened and I still shiver when I think about it. One of the stupidest things I have ever done.

Was on my first trip to Vegas in 1984. I planned on staying for 6 weeks to test out the possibility of playing blackjack for a living. After the first week I am on cloud 9 after doubling my bankroll and looking to celebrate and get a little higher. I am staying in a little apartment behind the Flamingo and had met a neighbor who worked in the kitchen there. I asked him if he knew where I could score some weed and he said sure buddy, I know a place.

So we jump on the bus and are heading to the “projects”. A few minutes after getting off the bus we are approached by 5 dudes and start talking about making a deal. One of the guys produces a bag and we agree on a price of 40 bucks. We are all huddled in a circle and the guy holding the bag is urging me to complete the deal quickly before the cops come around. Here is the really stupid part. I pull out my wallet and begin flipping through hundred dollar bills looking for 2 twenties. I still vividly remember the gasps and bulging eyes from those guys to this day.

Before I knew it one of the dudes had grabbed my wallet. My reflexes were pretty fast, but he did manage to rip out the center portion with all my ID and stuff. I quickly backed away and made a deal to buy my ID back for 100 bucks. I then sprinted for about a mile (only stopping to puke once from the stress) until I was able to hail a cab back to the strip.

End result was that I paid 100 bucks for $40 worth of pot and received a life long memory, not to mention a huge life lesson.



Your ONLY mistake was taking out your wallet that was full of money in a shady side of town. Putting your money in your
SHOES would have been been much better.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 168
  • Posts: 9317
November 23rd, 2018 at 11:05:27 AM permalink
One of my friends used to keep his money is his socks. Now he has plantar fasciitis .
Co-incidence?
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
November 23rd, 2018 at 11:18:27 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

One of my friends used to keep his money is his socks. Now he has plantar fasciitis .
Co-incidence?



Well putting money in your shoes is better than taking out your wallet in some shady part of town.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
AB21
AB21
Joined: Dec 2, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 50
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOOBoz
November 23rd, 2018 at 12:25:12 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Well putting money in your shoes is better than taking out your wallet in some shady part of town.



I already said in my original post that this was one of the stupidest things I have ever done. What do you hope to gain by pointing that out not once, but twice? Two more posts to your portfolio?
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
November 23rd, 2018 at 12:31:57 PM permalink
Quote: AB21

I already said in my original post that this was one of the stupidest things I have ever done. What do you hope to gain by pointing that out not once, but twice? Two more posts to your portfolio?



I was actually talking to Bill Ryan the second time. ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 168
  • Posts: 9317
November 23rd, 2018 at 12:39:34 PM permalink
Having suffered from plantar faucitis for well over a year before it was under control, I'll take getting mugged anytime. Inviting folks to share a secret and then criticizing them over the secret is weak.
AB21
AB21
Joined: Dec 2, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 50
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyph
November 23rd, 2018 at 1:03:27 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Having suffered from plantar faucitis for well over a year before it was under control, I'll take getting mugged anytime. Inviting folks to share a secret and then criticizing them over the secret is weak.


Did you try the Dr. No electrical impulse foot massager? My wife picked one up for $150 at a trade show and it worked wonders on her plantar fasciitis that she suffered with for a year.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 168
  • Posts: 9317
November 23rd, 2018 at 1:47:34 PM permalink
My feet are fine these days thanks. After well over a year of horrible pins and needles and spending hundreds on all sorts of insoles and gimmicks, I found Spenco plastic inserts for about $10 and wearing them everyday for three months cured it. I no longer wear sandals or moccasins but don't need any special inserts, either.
I underwent what they called Shockwave Therapy for six months or so. It would work for a day, two at most. Had two hour long sessions a week, with a $50 a session copay.

  • Jump to: