Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 17th, 2012 at 1:33:44 PM permalink
Quote: Tiltpoul

You missed the boat there... Paris put on a production of the Producers, which at one time starred, get this, DAVID HASSELHOFF!!! Tony Danza also did a stint in the show, and I think that might have been a palatable performance, despite him getting a bad rap.

That must have been long before I discovered Vegas in 2008. I know because for that first trip I spent weeks researching shows to see.

David Hasselhoff? Really? I assume in the role originally played by Nathan Lane? Man, that's, well, words fail me. I know you won't get Lane to perform in vegas, not for long anyway. But since he did the Broadway original and the movie, you need someone nearly as talented.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 17th, 2012 at 1:47:21 PM permalink
The Producers closed in Feb 2008.

The Hoff left the show after his drinking caught up with him (see the youtube video of him eating a burger on the floor if you care for such TMZ highlights...)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 17th, 2012 at 3:04:25 PM permalink
Hoff played "Roger" the cross dresser. Danza played a different role...to 3/4 empty crowds.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 113
January 17th, 2012 at 3:14:04 PM permalink
OMG! Phantom is closing?!?! :(

Ironically last night I listened through all the tracks of the original Phantom of the Opera that I have in my iTunes library. I was thinking of how much I loved seeing the show at the Venetian last February (same time I joined the forum here). I've never seen the Broadway version and although, like Nareed, I don't care for musicals at all, I've always loved the music to this show since high school. When I saw this at the Venetian last year I was in heaven. I paid $175 for my ticket. I was surprised at how many empty seats there were. I sat 5th row center but probably would've liked it better maybe 10 rows back instead. When the song "Phantom of the Opera" started playing and the Phantom "rows" himself and Christine out in the boat I started getting choked up. I soooooo loved this show and am so sad to see it go. I'm going to have to see it again if I can before they shut it down. EvenBob said the provided link isn't working, does anyone know how much longer the show will go on for?

This deserves another frowny face. :(
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
January 17th, 2012 at 4:01:29 PM permalink
It closes Sept 2
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 113
January 17th, 2012 at 6:11:14 PM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

It closes Sept 2

Well I won't be able to see it during my October trip but I may have a chance to catch it one last time when I'm there briefly in April.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
January 17th, 2012 at 6:45:50 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Hoff played "Roger" the cross dresser. Danza played a different role...to 3/4 empty crowds.

Danza stepped into the top billing role as Bialystock, the Nathan Lane character, after Hoff left. I think I would have liked his interpretation of that role, as it would be different than the emotive Lane or original Zero Mostel.

That theatre at Paris is a very nice stage for Broadway style productions. I still think Wicked in a 90-minute show would be a great fit for Vegas.

I forgot to mention one of my favorite write-ups in a tour guide book before Phantom began in Vegas. This was a preview of sorts, but it was called Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular. I don't remember the article word-for-word, but they said it would be different as the Phantom would deal a few hands of Blackjack at the intermission!
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 17th, 2012 at 7:06:25 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

The Producers closed in Feb 2008.

Ah, back then I was still deciding on where to spend my vacation. I mulled a Mex-Vegas-Seattle trip, but it was too expensive.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal

• Jump to: