Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
April 16th, 2012 at 2:32:08 PM permalink
Some older Ask The Wizard post at WOO state that Most Liberal 21 pays a player automatically if they make a 21. This is not true, is it? Did it used to be that way? Another post says 6 card charlie wins, but isn't it 7?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 16th, 2012 at 2:50:34 PM permalink
I'm not sure I understand your question. Automatically paying a player 21 is a very liberal rule. It's also extremely rare, at least in regular BJ. Some BJ-like games automatically pay player 21s, but then also push all bets on dealer 22s, etc.

As for the Charlie wins, it varies by game, but my local runs a promo sometimes where 6 cards wins automatically and 7 cards wins 2:1. Those are also liberal rules, since there's no downside for the player.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
dlevinelaw
dlevinelaw
  • Threads: 15
April 16th, 2012 at 2:59:11 PM permalink
OP can correct me, but I think he's referring to the "worlds most liberal 21" games at plaza and lvc. I know they have Charlie rules, I just don't know what they are.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
April 16th, 2012 at 3:09:10 PM permalink
Quote: dlevinelaw

OP can correct me, but I think he's referring to the "worlds most liberal 21" games at plaza and lvc. I know they have Charlie rules, I just don't know what they are.

Yes, I meant World's Most Liberal. I should have been more specific. It is specific to LVC and Plaza so I posted it in LVC.
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
April 16th, 2012 at 3:12:27 PM permalink
I believe the Wiz has done some analysis or talked about this game as being a huge misnomer. The HE on the game is actually very high, though the rules APPEAR to be liberal. I believe BJ pays even money unless its suited, then it's 2:1. I argue that if the game is dealt by Barney Frank, it would be the World's Most Liberal...
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
April 16th, 2012 at 3:22:59 PM permalink
Quote: Tiltpoul

I believe the Wiz has done some analysis or talked about this game as being a huge misnomer. The HE on the game is actually very high, though the rules APPEAR to be liberal. I believe BJ pays even money unless its suited, then it's 2:1. I argue that if the game is dealt by Barney Frank, it would be the World's Most Liberal...

I know the game is not player advantageous, I am actually trying to talk a friend that is in town out of playing it tonight and doing something else. I just wanted to make sure that I had all of the rules down so I could figure out the HA before bothering to go downtown. He has fallen for the "Most liberal" title, which I know the wizard has said over and over is false advertising in his opinion. It looks like the rules changed at some point and it may have been a better game. At one point, it looks like the game S17 and a player won on any 21, but the info out there is contradicting.
  • Jump to: