Poll

11 votes (40.74%)
2 votes (7.4%)
10 votes (37.03%)
1 vote (3.7%)
3 votes (11.11%)

27 members have voted

Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
November 30th, 2013 at 6:23:06 PM permalink
Sure it is gone, but just remember how packed the BJ Tables were at O'Sheas and they offered nothing but 6/5. The tourists just dont care so it will be here sooner than later.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5400
December 4th, 2013 at 7:53:23 AM permalink
NYNY and The Mirage both destroyed the vast majority of their low limit BJ games.

However, both casinos still have at least one low limit game with the standard "liberal" MGM rules.

At the Mirage, the table at the very end of the row across from the high limit slots next to the BJ Switch and Free Bet BJ tables hasn't been ruined yet. Saturday evening I saw it was a $10 minimum and NO ONE was playing at it, yet the 6-5 tables in the BJ pit were all packed.

At NYNY, their 21+3 table is still 3-2 with a six deck shoe. And there is a CSM table that plays 3-2. You just have to know where to look.

I voted for "never." I can't see Aria or Bellagio ever stooping this low.
Eater of Worlds
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
December 4th, 2013 at 10:16:48 AM permalink
"I voted for "never." I can't see Aria or Bellagio ever stooping this low. "

Sad to say, it is not a question of "if" but "when".

Remember all the3 columns about avoiding 6/5 BJ when it first came out ? That worked, didn't it !

All about the bottom line. Despite rumors to the contrary, casinos first priority is making a profit. ALWAYS !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
December 4th, 2013 at 10:33:23 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I voted for "never." I can't see Aria or Bellagio ever stooping this low.


What's so "low" about it from the casino's point of view? For that matter, which PLAYERS think it's "low" other than the (rare) informed gambler?

I can absolutely see the Bellagio & Aria doing this.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
December 4th, 2013 at 10:54:42 AM permalink
Casinos made plenty of money with the 3/2 payout. I'm guessing there will always be holdouts that will resist the 6/5 pay. Sticking with the 3/2 pay will be used as a marketing tool.
Each day is better than the next
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5400
December 5th, 2013 at 10:12:19 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

What's so "low" about it from the casino's point of view? For that matter, which PLAYERS think it's "low" other than the (rare) informed gambler?

I can absolutely see the Bellagio & Aria doing this.



They both currently don't have one single 6-5 table in their entire casino. I can't see them ever having ONLY 6-5 tables for the under $25 players. They just seem higher class than that. They're not Casino Royale.

If you disagree, great. Go ahead and rub it in my face once they get rid of all the low limit 3-2 tables. I'm willing to bet that day is not going to come.
Eater of Worlds
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
December 5th, 2013 at 10:38:52 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

They both currently don't have one single 6-5 table in their entire casino. I can't see them ever having ONLY 6-5 tables for the under $25 players. They just seem higher class than that. They're not Casino Royale.

If you disagree, great. Go ahead and rub it in my face once they get rid of all the low limit 3-2 tables. I'm willing to bet that day is not going to come.


No worries. I wouldn't rub your face in anything because I would love for you to be right!

But I still fail to see what "class" has to do with any of this. In fact, the "higher" class casinos usually have the worst gambling rules in town.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5400
December 6th, 2013 at 5:00:40 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

But I still fail to see what "class" has to do with any of this. In fact, the "higher" class casinos usually have the worst gambling rules in town.



Aria/Bellagio are just in a higher class to me. And they are the two best casinos for BJ on the strip, rules-wise.
Eater of Worlds
wroberson
wroberson
Joined: May 11, 2011
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 426
December 6th, 2013 at 5:05:16 AM permalink
I thinks face down 6 deck shoe would follow the 6:5 rule.
Buffering...
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
December 6th, 2013 at 5:25:22 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Aria/Bellagio are just in a higher class to me. And they are the two best casinos for BJ on the strip, rules-wise.


I agree, they are. But I still fail to see how game rules have anything to do with "class". By your definition, Station Casinos are the classiest joints in town because they have some of the best rules.
Fighting BS one post at a time!

  • Jump to: