Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
December 26th, 2014 at 5:49:17 PM permalink
Been playing here last several days.
Now staying here for the weekend
Vegas is expensive on the weekends and the price is right.
Checked in, got a room at the next door Cabana building.
Kind of weird having a room in a seperate building
Room on 1st floor, uggh, cant let in the sun, lose all privacy. Also sealed in, cant crack window.
Really nice TV and a Fridge. Love having a fridge, 2nd room in a row. Never had a fridge before except for extended stay places.
The style of the room is nice is a bit hipster with bright green paint
The small lounge area of the cabana section is very nice. I am quite impressed by this lounge. Very bright comfortable atmosphere with tv and a very nice exercize room right by.
This area of downtown kind of neat, with Zappos , hipster shops, container park, variety of businesses, I like the area.
Walkedback through the El and a live piano player in the lounge. Very classy sound with the piano.
Took the walk over to the Triple George Grill, had the pot roast, excellent.
Now ready to do a BJ session at the El 1 deck game :-)
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
December 26th, 2014 at 7:13:40 PM permalink
How's Neonopolis looking these days?
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 134
December 26th, 2014 at 7:31:25 PM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

I could be wrong but I don't think there's one thing open there. Who would want to go into the mall if only a couple of stores were open?
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
December 26th, 2014 at 7:39:43 PM permalink
The regular hotel has large rooms but the mattresses are as flat as a pancake. The Cubanna tower rooms are extremely small and uncomfortable. And lastly the hotel front desk is painfully understaffed and poorly trained.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
December 26th, 2014 at 7:56:56 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

The regular hotel has large rooms but the mattresses are as flat as a pancake. The Cubanna tower rooms are extremely small and uncomfortable. And lastly the hotel front desk is painfully understaffed and poorly trained.

I've stayed there a couple times in the last year. I stayed in Tower rooms and the beds were fine. No problem with the front desk staff either. I don't care for party pits and the El Co doesn't have one. Women dealers dressed nicely is what stirs my imagination.
terapined
terapined
December 26th, 2014 at 8:16:36 PM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Neonopolis is depressing.
I checked out the toy store once because the owner is on pawn stars.
Other then that, just a place to walk by.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
terapined
terapined
December 26th, 2014 at 8:22:32 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

I dont think the Cabana rooms are extremely small and uncomfortable.
For convenience, room has snacks and smart water if consumed then charged to room.
I'm pretty comfortable. Extremely small, thats the Golden Gate.
No bad expereience for me at the front desk, pretty standard precedure.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
December 27th, 2014 at 8:20:58 AM permalink
Good luck in the 12:00 o'clock drawing.

• Jump to: