slyther
slyther
Joined: Feb 1, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 691
April 10th, 2012 at 4:10:36 PM permalink
I received this today:



Dear (slyther),

Due to continuing difficulties finding and maintaining acceptable payment options, we have been forced to make the difficult decision to stop offering our services to residents of your state.

As a resident of Washington, your account has been closed to further activity. Your balance remains safe and in place simply contact us prior to April 30th to arrange for a payout via the most suitable method. Past this date we cannot guarantee an immediate availability of options for payments to your state.

Please note that due to this decision we expect an increase in payout requests and this may delay receipt beyond our standard 15 days. We always honor our payouts so rest assured you will receive your funds.

We recommend you contact us by phone at 1-888-263-0000 at your earliest convenience and assure you we will do everything we can to service your state in the future.


Regards,

Bovada Customer Service
service@bovada.lv
1-888-263-0000
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 424
  • Posts: 24222
April 10th, 2012 at 4:15:17 PM permalink
I've heard MI isn't far behind, so I'm probably screwed too.
Like the dominoes you set up and knock down..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
slyther
slyther
Joined: Feb 1, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 691
April 10th, 2012 at 4:17:10 PM permalink
Here in WA my State Senator, in her infinite wisdom, was the author of the WA state online gambling ban. Thank goodness she is losing her post due to redistricting. But the law will stick unfortunately, the Tribal lobby bought and paid for it.
DanMahowny
DanMahowny
Joined: Feb 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 142
April 10th, 2012 at 4:21:43 PM permalink
Find a corner bookie- they are the best. I hope you don't have any problems getting your $$ from Bovada. Good luck.
"I don't have a gambling problem. I have a financial problem."
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
April 10th, 2012 at 5:58:52 PM permalink
Quote: slyther

But the law will stick, the Tribal lobby bought and paid for it.

That's for sure!!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4298
April 11th, 2012 at 12:38:41 PM permalink
Quote: slyther

I received this today:



Dear (slyther),

Due to continuing difficulties finding and maintaining acceptable payment options, we have been forced to make the difficult decision to stop offering our services to residents of your state.

As a resident of Washington, your account has been closed to further activity. Your balance remains safe and in place simply contact us prior to April 30th to arrange for a payout via the most suitable method. Past this date we cannot guarantee an immediate availability of options for payments to your state.

Please note that due to this decision we expect an increase in payout requests and this may delay receipt beyond our standard 15 days. We always honor our payouts so rest assured you will receive your funds.

We recommend you contact us by phone at 1-888-263-0000 at your earliest convenience and assure you we will do everything we can to service your state in the future.


Regards,

Bovada Customer Service
service@bovada.lv
1-888-263-0000


Got the same shit myself. Interestingly I had a season-long prop bet on the MLB outstanding. I'm assuming they just canceled the bet and refunded it to my account balance, but I have no way to tell since I can't even log in to the website anymore. I'm about to call them today.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6995
April 11th, 2012 at 12:48:05 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Got the same shit myself. Interestingly I had a season-long prop bet on the MLB outstanding. I'm assuming they just canceled the bet and refunded it to my account balance, but I have no way to tell since I can't even log in to the website anymore. I'm about to call them today.



Quite interesting. Assuming for legal reasons Bovada has no choice but to refund the money, but what should they do about unresolved bets that are clearly worth something different than the original bet amount. If you bet on the St. Louis Blues to win the Stanley Cup before the season perhaps you were given 100 - 1. Now the real line is likely 10-1. I would not just want my original bet refunded.
But on the other side, if you bet on the Sabres at 20 -1, and now can get your money back, even though they have a 0% chance by not making the playoffs, since the bet is not technically resolved, do you get your wager back?
Assuming Bovada wants to act ethically, what should they do?
DanMahowny
DanMahowny
Joined: Feb 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 142
April 11th, 2012 at 1:07:50 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quite interesting. Assuming for legal reasons Bovada has no choice but to refund the money, but what should they do about unresolved bets that are clearly worth something different than the original bet amount. If you bet on the St. Louis Blues to win the Stanley Cup before the season perhaps you were given 100 - 1. Now the real line is likely 10-1. I would not just want my original bet refunded.
But on the other side, if you bet on the Sabres at 20 -1, and now can get your money back, even though they have a 0% chance by not making the playoffs, since the bet is not technically resolved, do you get your wager back?
Assuming Bovada wants to act ethically, what should they do?



Good question. I'll take a guess and say they will refund all outstanding bets immediately.

But I think they should stop accepting wagers, send any remaining balance now, and let any remaining bets play out before closing the account.
"I don't have a gambling problem. I have a financial problem."
slyther
slyther
Joined: Feb 1, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 691
April 16th, 2012 at 2:23:15 PM permalink
I requested the cashout on Friday. They said they cannot mail a check to Washington State so I had to give them an out of state address.
DanMahowny
DanMahowny
Joined: Feb 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 142
April 16th, 2012 at 2:43:15 PM permalink
That's pretty crappy. The best thing is you won't have to do business with a company like that anymore.
"I don't have a gambling problem. I have a financial problem."

  • Jump to: