Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 8
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 18th, 2021 at 8:19:58 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

What would be more efficient is just to rob them at gunpoint when they walk in the door. It's a bloodbath.

Returning players club members at select preferred tier levels will only have 80% robbed.
It's like a loss rebate.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
July 18th, 2021 at 8:22:07 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Returning players club members at select preferred tier levels will only have 80% robbed.
It's like a loss rebate.

Yeah, but they can only get to that level by having at least twice as much on them to be robbed in the first place.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 105
Mission146
July 18th, 2021 at 8:26:00 AM permalink

If the numbers don't get to where they like them, then there may be further, "Additional betting options."

"Three-Way Roulette," is an exciting new game with almost endless betting options! Bet against green like you never have before by picking BOTH red and black at the same time. This exciting new variation offers an easy way to win $5, by betting on both red and black at the same time! You are twice as likely to win as lose with 36 spots that win and eighteen that don't. Winning $5 has never been easier! (Table Minimum: $15)

I understood that part, until I got to the part in bold. They should call it the Tom Hanks Bet - "as seen on TV as performed by multiple Oscar winner Tom Hanks!" (and he did, too, in an episode of Bosom Buddies where they spend an elevator accident settlement on a trip to Monte Carlo and invent the TV Trope of betting half of your entire bankroll on red and the other half on blank - and the wheel comes up green). Anyway, how do you come up with "36 spots that win and 18 that don't"?
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 121
Mission146MichaelBluejay
July 18th, 2021 at 8:26:53 AM permalink
I think the debate should be common areas plus basic room.

Venetian, Wynn, Bellagio in some order has to be the answer.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 8
Mission146
July 18th, 2021 at 8:27:55 AM permalink

Yeah, but they can only get to that level by having at least twice as much on them to be robbed in the first place.

Of course, I meant "well qualified returning players club members at select preferred tier levels".

My mistake.

Once they hit 18 zeroes, odds on big six are gonna look pretty good.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Mission146
Mission146
July 18th, 2021 at 8:46:06 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

If the numbers don't get to where they like them, then there may be further, "Additional betting options."

"Three-Way Roulette," is an exciting new game with almost endless betting options! Bet against green like you never have before by picking BOTH red and black at the same time. This exciting new variation offers an easy way to win $5, by betting on both red and black at the same time! You are twice as likely to win as lose with 36 spots that win and eighteen that don't. Winning $5 has never been easier! (Table Minimum: $15)

I understood that part, until I got to the part in bold. They should call it the Tom Hanks Bet - "as seen on TV as performed by multiple Oscar winner Tom Hanks!" (and he did, too, in an episode of Bosom Buddies where they spend an elevator accident settlement on a trip to Monte Carlo and invent the TV Trope of betting half of your entire bankroll on red and the other half on blank - and the wheel comes up green). Anyway, how do you come up with "36 spots that win and 18 that don't"?

You could also call the game, "Eighteen-Zero," Roulette.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
Mission146
July 18th, 2021 at 8:50:55 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I could agree if we were just comparing the cheapest room at each property, but one person was already mentioning high roller suites that would not be practical for 99.9% of the population.

It's an opinion survey. all responses are valid, even if they are wrong.
I was crazy for the Venetian, the first time I stayed there in 2001. Loved everything about the place. When I stayed there around 2012, it had started to age and lose its edge. I visited friends who were staying there two years ago and was disappointed to see it had not changed much.
Other's opinions will vary. I'm sure first-time visitors will still be awed by it.
TinMan
TinMan
  • Threads: 17
Mission146MichaelBluejay
July 18th, 2021 at 8:54:52 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Bellagio, Venetian, and Wynn as the top three.

What other properties are *at least* as good (not merely a close fourth)?

Do any of Area, Caesars, Cosmo, or Mandalay Bay make the cut?.

The first time I walked through Aria I was wowed. It was the most stunning property I had ever seen. Iíd still put it at #1. I really like the high ceilings.

I think Aria is far nicer than Bellagio. Bellagio is a bit overrated for what it actually is.

I havenít been to Venetian in several years but I thought it was just fine.

Caesars looks dated to me. And like itís trying too hard. I dislike the faux columns and statues. I strongly prefer non-descript modern look (like Wynn) over a fake aesthetic. Plus, unless Iím missing something, thereís no real main entrance.

Havenít been to Wynn in maybe 10 years but I remember I liked it a lot, but the table games were high. I won a ton at poker, which may have contributed to my like of the property.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
Mission146
July 18th, 2021 at 9:16:38 AM permalink

You could also call the game, "Eighteen-Zero," Roulette.

Make it French and it will sell better: Dix-huit zéro roulette. Sounds more exotic.
Order from chaos
Mission146
Mission146
July 18th, 2021 at 9:28:29 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Make it French and it will sell better: Dix-huit zéro roulette. Sounds more exotic.

Le joueur est mort dans n'importe quelle langue.

• Jump to: