JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 248
Thanks for this post from:
unJonsmoothgrh
June 25th, 2021 at 10:26:06 PM permalink
Related Thread: https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/las-vegas-attractions/other/34703-pinball-hall-of-fame/

I drove out to the old site on Tropicana on Thursday to find a handwritten sign with the new address on a piece of cardboard on the door. ( I guess I missed the memo - oh well ). It is NOW on the East side of Las Vegas Blvd just North of the LAS VEGAS Sign, and is a big improvement.

My brothers, a sister-in-law, and my daughter enjoyed playing for an hour or so. I enjoy the old games the most, and the ones with the wood frames are pretty cool.

The sign is hard to miss:

Can you figure which star is missing from the game based on the Apollo 13 movie ?

This has to be one of the newest ones ( ? ):

Last edited by: JohnnyQ on Jun 25, 2021
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 110
July 2nd, 2021 at 9:25:01 AM permalink
Vital Vegas is reporting that, according to PHOF owner Tim Arnold, a surveying error has resulted in the new building extending over the property line onto the property where Dream Hotel is currently planned to be built by about eight feet.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 558
July 2nd, 2021 at 10:58:29 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Vital Vegas is reporting that, according to PHOF owner Tim Arnold, a surveying error has resulted in the new building extending over the property line onto the property where Dream Hotel is currently planned to be built by about eight feet.

link:
https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1410809969361002501

surveyor's insurance will be paying out.
interested in seeing how this will be resolved.

im guessing the worse case scenario:
Dream Hotel gets court to order PHoF to remove/demolish the 8' of building encroaching their property.
surveyor's insurance pays for that and for PHoF to rebuild.
Hopefully surveyor company doesnt go bankrupt if not enough insurance
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
July 2nd, 2021 at 12:35:00 PM permalink
I saw Tim Arnold there a couple of days ago and said hello. ( I recognized him from TV even though he was wearing a mask ). He said something like "if it could go wrong, it has" without going into details.

Then he said I could help by buying a T-Shirt and bringing my friends. I had already bought 2 shirts and brought 2 more friends along on that visit. We had a nice time. The new building is a big improvement.

So, I share this here too. If you can support them with a visit, it sounds like it would be a big help.
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
  • Threads: 0
July 2nd, 2021 at 12:52:11 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

I saw Tim Arnold there a couple of days ago and said hello. ( I recognized him from TV even though he was wearing a mask ). He said something like "if it could go wrong, it has" without going into details.

Then he said I could help by buying a T-Shirt and bringing my friends. I had already bought 2 shirts and brought 2 more friends along on that visit. We had a nice time. The new building is a big improvement.

So, I share this here too. If you can support them with a visit, it sounds like it would be a big help.

iv'e been to PHOF it was really nice to see all the games.. Some i used used to play in the day...I can't believe that DREAM HOTEL can't just let it go.. Ya no plant some bushes or trees on that spot. Or maybe have PHOF pay a yearly stippend WTF why not?? People these days are sooooo fing greedy.. anything to sue someone it's pathetic.....
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
July 2nd, 2021 at 12:59:51 PM permalink
Quote: daveyandersen1

iv'e been to PHOF it was really nice to see all the games.. Some i used used to play in the day...I can't believe that DREAM HOTEL can't just let it go.. Ya no plant some bushes or trees on that spot. Or maybe have PHOF pay a yearly stippend WTF why not?? People these days are sooooo fing greedy.. anything to sue someone it's pathetic.....

The building is eight feet over the line, but how much of the building is over the line? If it is a rectangular building, doesn't that mean one whole side of the building is over the line? How many square feet of property is affected?
I don't know what stage the Dream Hotel is in, but changing plans isn't all that easy.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
July 2nd, 2021 at 1:16:42 PM permalink
It would be nice to find a satisfactory solution for both parties that is the LEAST disruptive, but I don't think the next lot owner can just say "never-mind".

Don't most zoning laws prevent putting a structure with-in XX feet of the property line ?
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 42
July 2nd, 2021 at 1:22:40 PM permalink
They would certainly be within their rights to demand the PHOF building be removed from their land. God, what a mess.

Worse, usually you can't have a building within 3 feet of the property line, so we might be talking about an 11 foot slice of structure. Oops.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 2
July 2nd, 2021 at 6:43:11 PM permalink

Don't most zoning laws prevent putting a structure with-in XX feet of the property line ?

2 issues here. They built 8 feet into someone elses property and they have also likely built beyond setback lines of their own property.

A mess.

Dream Hotel holds all the cards.
Last edited by: TDVegas on Jul 2, 2021
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 53
July 2nd, 2021 at 7:17:30 PM permalink
Id think the surveying company will pay out of their insurance.

Surveying is one of the riskiest parts of any construction project (financially) and companies doing that type of work carry hefty policies. This type of thing happens more often than most would think.
Last edited by: gamerfreak on Jul 2, 2021

• Jump to: