2 votes (8.69%)
6 votes (26.08%)

23 members have voted

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 6th, 2019 at 12:47:10 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I am trying to figure out how much someone would have to pay me to go to this cesspool. Dry cesspool, but cesspool....

I would need at least 4K and that's with a 1k discount for the first time.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 230
April 6th, 2019 at 4:01:05 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I was just reading comments about my 2018 Burning Man video and had to share this one, in the interests of presenting both sides.

Sue Starlite sounds like a real fan of humanity. Itís too bad actual people played on her lawn.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
April 6th, 2019 at 4:11:55 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

... Do you think Burning Man would accept my credit card for their purchase. Keep in mind I'm registered as well and they may play the "two tickets per person" card. I also don't even know if they would take the payment if the name on the account didn't match the account anyway. I guess my question is what would you do in my shoes?

Iím pretty certain only one set of tickets can be purchased with your card (Mastercard or Visa only). Iím not sure if the name and or billing address has to match the registration, but I wouldnít be surprised if they checked for a zip code match.

As for sending a prepaid card for $1,000 to someone who you only know through an internet board on gambling... Iíll take one of those...
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1223
April 6th, 2019 at 7:25:17 PM permalink
To answer my own question, someone suggested a "use once" credit card, that are associated with a permanent one. Unfortunately, my permanent card doesn't support them. If you're ever in my pickle, consider it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1223
April 9th, 2019 at 10:58:05 AM permalink
25 more hours until the Main Sale begins.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 9th, 2019 at 11:36:44 AM permalink
Just got the email invitation. What about the $100 vehicle passes? Try and buy those?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
April 9th, 2019 at 11:58:23 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Just got the email invitation. What about the $100 vehicle passes? Try and buy those?

A vehicle pass charge.
wow
Some festivals are sticking it to the attendees
I used do Wanee festival.
I boondocked at that festival. That means no hook up for my RV which is no big deal. Propane to heat the hot water tank, RV battery to power water pump to take a hot shower.
Wanee attendee numbers down, Allman Brothers were the main draw and they are no longer around
They raised their price at the gate by demanding I pay for an RV pass even though I was boondocking
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
April 9th, 2019 at 12:27:36 PM permalink
Wizard,

Got my link to the registration.

Pretended to buy a poster. FWIW, fantastic artwork on the last half dozen. If I had wallspace, I'd probaby buy some.

At checkout, they accepted Visa, MC, Discover, and Amex. I'm assuming those would be the same options offered for ticket purchase. Can you confirm?

You probably said this already, but to review: you want everybody to try for a vehicle pass in addition to 2 tickets, correct? Or just 2 tickets.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
April 9th, 2019 at 2:44:57 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Wizard,

Got my link to the registration.

Pretended to buy a poster. FWIW, fantastic artwork on the last half dozen. If I had wallspace, I'd probaby buy some.

At checkout, they accepted Visa, MC, Discover, and Amex. I'm assuming those would be the same options offered for ticket purchase. Can you confirm?

You probably said this already, but to review: you want everybody to try for a vehicle pass in addition to 2 tickets, correct? Or just 2 tickets.

Quote: Burning Man Ticket Info Page

GENERAL TICKET SALE INFO
All sales require registration through Burner Profiles. Make sure your Profile is complete, current, set up with your preferred email address, and that you know your log-in details.
Each sale has its own dedicated registration period.
Registering for a sale does not guarantee you access to a ticket or vehicle pass.
With the exception of participants in the Directed Group Sale, anyone purchasing tickets is excluded from all subsequent sales for the year, regardless of ticket price.
Unless otherwise stated, vehicle passes may only be purchased with an event ticket.
Only one order per person and per credit card is allowed.
You may not use the same credit card to purchase multiple orders.
MasterCard and Visa are the only credit/debit cards accepted.
All sales of Burning Man tickets and vehicle passes are final and no refunds will be issued for any reason.
All tickets bought through online sales are fully transferrable and eligible for name changes.
Tickets and vehicle passes may only be resold for face value. Any tickets or vehicle passes being sold for above face-value may be canceled without notice or refund.
We have a new ticketing partner! You will not need to create an account in advance of, or during, the purchase process.

Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
April 9th, 2019 at 3:01:38 PM permalink
Burning Man News:

After a public hearing regarding possible restrictions on the use permit Burning Man needs to host their event, which could potentially raise the cost of the event $10 million, and includes a requirement that trash cans be placed there by the organizers

Quote: Patrick Donnelly, Nevada state director for the Center for Biological Diversity

..., "We're dealing with a public lands user group that has had few controls put on their behaviors for decades and they want to see it stay that way," he said. "Burning Man is the single largest gathering on any sort of public lands in the country and needs to be treated the same way we treat a gold mine, an oilfield or an off-road vehicle race."...

• Jump to: