Quote: TheGrimReaper13

"Nature abhors a vacuum." A lot.

Nature loves whores that vacuum!
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
November 17th, 2015 at 1:18:45 PM permalink
Quote: ajemeister

so has the overall mood of the forum turned into a witch hunt to claim insult and get others suspended? seems to be the current vibe, at least for the past 6 months or so.. how sad :( is it really that hard to step away for a day or two if you get upset and come back with a clear head as to not start a flame war?

Yep. Seems that way to me also.

I better not type anything else, as I will be accused of insulting someone.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 17th, 2015 at 1:45:08 PM permalink
How the hell does this thread become even MORE of a trainwreck after 1BB is suspended?
Amazing.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
November 17th, 2015 at 1:48:00 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

How the hell does this thread become even MORE of a trainwreck after 1BB is suspended?
Amazing.

The hunt is on to get me suspended as
some kind of payback or something.
People with far too much free time on
their hands.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
November 17th, 2015 at 2:15:50 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I was disappointed by your latest Avatar Dodsferd, but it is perfectly fine if you like it ;-)

But why I grabbed the tablet and strapped on my artificial fingers and started to type:

1BB
How sad.
Some poked the bear too much methinks.
And since have poked each other.....
I hope you all had fun.
It is just 7 days, and then probation if I read correctly. No huge deal, maybe.
Will no doubt be interesting to read his first few posts.
I carry no weight, so I make no request.
I can hope that some of the pokers bite their tongues/keys upon his return. I can hope.
That's just from 2F.

Nothing sad about a suspension. Remember, this is the internet, not real life.

""I can't take it anymore" Song's still in my head...
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 17th, 2015 at 2:49:50 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Amazing.

So. I'm going to try and say something. I will probably fail, but hope you all recognize my positive intent.

I've met dozens of people from this site now, probably close to 100. Nearly everybody could not be nicer in person; interesting, pleasant, knowledgeable. If people spoke their minds here as they do in person, there would be little need to have moderators. (Aside from spam blasting, of course.)

If you all considered yourselves guests in someone's living room, visiting with other people with whom you have a common interest, (yes, we've used this analogy before - it's not original to me), the quality of the content would improve greatly. If it's going to be all about second-guessing bans, baiting each other, and passive-aggressive posts belittling groups or "indefinite" types, then it's going to be a tiresome, petty place. I like not suspending people; I care, probably too much, about each time I have to intercede.

I think it's worth remembering that the written word is only about 14% of communication, last time I read a paper on the topic. We lack tone, intonation, facial expressions, interjections, and body language as tools for making ourselves understood here. So I like giving what latitude seems possible on deciding if there is intent to insult vs. either humor or mis-stated written sentence. I'd appreciate it if the forum tried that along with me for a week or two instead of examining every post for a hint of an insult.

JMHO. YMMV.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
November 17th, 2015 at 2:54:56 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I think it's worth remembering that the written word is only about 14% of communication. . .

According to Kramer, it's 94%

TheGrimReaper13
TheGrimReaper13
  • Threads: 0
November 17th, 2015 at 3:50:54 PM permalink

I've met dozens of people from this site now, probably close to 100. Nearly everybody could not be nicer in person; interesting, pleasant, knowledgeable. If people spoke their minds here as they do in person, there would be little need to have moderators. (Aside from spam blasting, of course.)

Reminds of an analogy about stopping over in a foreign country, and speaking with only ten people, all of whom are blond. Would it be right to conclude that everyone there is a blond? Same thing, except the latter seems a random occurrence. Unlike the popular members here who have the time, and make the effort, to meet their "hero". You're the Wizard's number-one fan. And I think you keep his "office" going. I get that.

If you all considered yourselves guests in someone's living room, visiting with other people with whom you have a common interest, (yes, we've used this analogy before - it's not original to me), the quality of the content would improve greatly. If it's going to be all about second-guessing bans, baiting each other, and passive-aggressive posts belittling groups or "indefinite" types, then it's going to be a tiresome, petty place. I like not suspending people; I care, probably too much, about each time I have to intercede.

All families that stick together go through thick and thin. I don't care if you're the Trumps, or the EB's. So, if you have designs on creating a WoV Utopia, I strongly suggest that you, "Just stop." Families don't "nuke" each other every time a member speaks up. Or continue to pose for the cameras in the privacy of their homes.

I think it's worth remembering that the written word is only about 14% of communication, last time I read a paper on the topic. We lack tone, intonation, facial expressions, interjections, and body language as tools for making ourselves understood here.

Is this an old folks home, or a gambling forum? If the Wizard has some gambling stories, let's hear 'em. Otherwise, like Mr V wrote, ("Lead, follow, or) get out of the way." The library is that way. Who knows, you might run into teliot.
So much bullshit; so little time!
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 17th, 2015 at 4:53:48 PM permalink
Reaper, would love to hear you expand on the teliot comment.

And if you have the balls, let us not smart enough to figure it out, who you posted as before on this site.

Thanks! Boz
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 17th, 2015 at 4:55:31 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Nature loves whores that vacuum!

Don't we all?? Ok maybe not you, but most guys.

• Jump to: