Thread Rating:

TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 6th, 2015 at 10:08:41 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

EvenBob has put up with everything the forum has to offer; Buzzard went off the rails. Not much to compare to date. EB knows the lines and stays within them. There are other people who jump off the rails fairly regularly. I consider those people more likely to make up "sock puppets" if they were sent away than EB.

...but who knows?

What? buzzard and EB aren't one and the same, just using 2 wifi outfits, in separate houses? buzzard and EB aren't married? (Sorry, I can't help it....)
<edit> that's it, another self suspension for 48 hours, got some stuff I got to get done....
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 6th, 2015 at 10:13:47 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I am somewhat familiar with both 'old' names. Have been back and read some of their posts under a number of different names if I didn't catch them when they were posted. I noticed when GJ guessed Buzzard? on 10/29 (had to go back to find the date ). Also noted when 1BB asked if this incarnation was another resurrected Buzzard after the nuke. Just never saw any firm answers.
I thought I understood the slang 'sock puppet' but sometimes it is used and sometimes it is not. Wondered if it was a special term for the worst of the bad, or something.

Thx for your response.

<edit> saw AHigh's illustration, creative.

BuzzPaff, Buzzard, charles, aladyat42, dummy, honestjohn, Fredddead, redjohn, bloodoil, hyisgp. These are off the top of my head. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least as many more. I'm not sure that the forum is informed every time the guy shows up and I know that not every name is entered onto the suspension list.

By the way, here's what appears under this site's forum rules. "These rules also apply to sister site Diversity Tomorrow. A ban at one site shall apply to both".
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
November 6th, 2015 at 10:16:14 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

BuzzPaff, Buzzard, charles, aladyat42, dummy, honestjohn, Fredddead, redjohn, bloodoil, hyisgp. These are off the top of my head. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least as many more. I'm not sure that the forum is informed every time the guy shows up and I know that not every name is entered onto the suspension list.

By the way, here's what appears under this site's forum rules. "These rules also apply to sister site Diversity Tomorrow. A ban at one site shall apply to both".

Don't forget Jimbodabimbo. (Or was that Jerry Logan?)
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 6th, 2015 at 10:16:28 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

What? buzzard and EB aren't one and the same, just using 2 wifi outfits, in separate houses? buzzard and EB aren't married? (Sorry, I can't help it....)
<edit> that's it, another self suspension for 48 hours, got some stuff I got to get done....

Not even close. The majority of members here like Buzz.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 87
November 6th, 2015 at 10:28:41 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Not even close. The majority of members here like Buzz.

I'd like to be able to vote who I'd like to be nuked as a new rule. More than X% say to nuke you, you're nuked.
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
November 6th, 2015 at 10:38:00 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

I'd like to be able to vote who I'd like to be nuked as a new rule. More than X% say to nuke you, you're nuked.

That would be under the assumption that a forum is democracy based, which it isn't.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
Ahigh
Ahigh
November 6th, 2015 at 12:48:48 PM permalink
Quote: Dodsferd

That would be under the assumption that a forum is democracy based, which it isn't.

Nope. My desire depends 0% on any assumptions. It is simply there.

So much wrong on this forum it's hard to find the right sometimes.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 6th, 2015 at 1:34:16 PM permalink

And yet we all continue to post here. They must be doing something right, which I the way I like to look at it.
ajemeister
ajemeister
  • Threads: 16
November 6th, 2015 at 1:43:26 PM permalink

why not find another forum then?
Ahigh
Ahigh
November 6th, 2015 at 2:33:37 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

And yet we all continue to post here. They must be doing something right, which I the way I like to look at it.

We who post do continue to post. You are correct, and an interesting tautology for sure.

• Jump to: