Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
October 27th, 2015 at 8:02:08 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Don't! You would be wasting your time. Time much better spent sharing your valuable thoughts, political and other, here. ;)



Okay, I will stay here!!
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
October 27th, 2015 at 8:15:17 AM permalink
I didn't want to get too involved in the Exoter 'discussion' while it was going on here. I figured he was doing a good job discrediting himself on his own. I did jump in when he brought up my name, trying to gain credibility by attaching himself to me (second time he has done this). But now that he is gone, I presume for good, I will share my experience with him.

He popped up on the site being mentioned, a blackjack site some time ago. My recollection is that he said he was a newbie. Within months he seemed to be presenting himself as a successful full-time, professional blackjack AP (card counter). I don't remember a lot of discussion about other AP methods, like was done here, but in all honesty, I tune some of that sgtuff that doesn't concern me out, so possibly.

There was some knowledge to his posts, but mostly just general, elementary stuff. He tried to gain credibility by "attaching" himself to me and a couple other known professional players. He would say things like "as professional players, KJ and I do this" or "professional players like KJ and I experience these major swings all the time". That sort of thing. I hated it. So, much so that I mentioned it to the site owner in a private discussion about something else. He offered to say something, but I declined, deciding exoter would discredit himself sooner or later.

As time went on I do remember exoter being involved in a number of feuds, arguments, heated discussions with some of the 'math guy' members of the site, which isn't hard to do as most of them are so 'irritating'. lol. Seems to me they weren't all about blackjack, maybe some machine play stuff, like we experienced here recently, maybe even some stock market fights, I can't remember for sure. He was suspended a couple times, and then he disappeared for quite a while. He did turn up again on this other site about a month ago, but he only posted a couple times and then seemed to find his way here where he wreaked havoc for a week until he met Babs. :)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
October 27th, 2015 at 8:24:09 AM permalink
He shot himself in the foot with the nonsensical Martingale discussion and DI. Not to mention his "mentor" as he says, who currently only vultures the five or six working UX machines at Argosy KC.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
October 27th, 2015 at 8:53:06 AM permalink
"Dont you dare talk to me like that you ïdiot,"
That is a quote, or a something, that popped up as I began to add to the discussion about the suspension list??
What I typed was "Bye", the auto whatever spell check thing showed the above 'quote' or phrase. Unless I override it with the little 'x', it replaces 'Bye' with that phrase. I have typed Bye now three more times and the same thing happens each time. I feel haunted, maybe it's just because Halloween is coming. Could one or more of you try beginning a post with Bye and see if you get the same results? I 'll be back with comments on Exoter175 later. Notice the first letter 'i' in idiot has two dots.....what's with that?

<edit> just tried typing Bye in a regular email and it did the same thing. No doubt my 12 year old or someone is playing a practical joke on me.......
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 173
  • Posts: 10367
October 27th, 2015 at 9:04:10 AM permalink
Are you on a work computer?

(long ago) I had some coworkers who liked to use the one computer for "unapproved" uses, so I edited the spell check in our word processor program to replace words like "vacation" with other interesting phrases.
Everything is in high definition today except Bigfoot and UFOs
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
October 27th, 2015 at 9:10:04 AM permalink
Well this was an interesting turn of events.

And you're right Ibeatyouraces, DI is never taken kindly here.

I actually met exoter on Thursday in St. Louis by complete chance. We talked quite a bit and he seemed pretty knowledgeable on machine play, but not like I could prove how successful or not successful he is. He seemed pretty nice overall, and quite the smooth talker. I tried to warn him that the forum doesn't let things slide with profanity and more, he did seem a little irked by the suspension. But he didn't curse that much in front of me, fwiw.

One the thing that got me was, he made it sound like he got a solid $300 a day doing machine ap and made little comment about bad swings at times. Maybe he just didn't think to talk about those as much. It just sounded like his variance was less than it should really be. But of course he was managing his group and all those winnings were pooled and he got a cut of them too, so that smooths things out I guess.

The forum unfortunately has had quite a few people making bold claims quickly and they haven't panned out. It's like you can't trust a new member anymore. There are a few gamblers out there who make consistent money, and maybe he is one of them, but hard for me to be for sure.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
October 27th, 2015 at 9:10:23 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Are you on a work computer?

(long ago) I had some coworkers who liked to use the one computer for "unapproved" uses, so I edited the spell check in our word processor program to replace words like "vacation" with other interesting phrases.


No just reading and writing on a personal IPad. Same results in a personal email I just tried, so apparently not Forum related. Odd though, the first time I ever remember typing Bye (just did it again) was in signing off of the Forum during a discussion about no longer being able to edit posts..... Spooky!
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
Joined: Jun 10, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 375
October 27th, 2015 at 9:16:36 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

No just reading and writing on a personal IPad. Same results in a personal email I just tried, so apparently not Forum related. Odd though, the first time I ever remember typing Bye (just did it again) was in signing off of the Forum during a discussion about no longer being able to edit posts..... Spooky!



If it's an iPad, navigate to your home screen, and click on Settings, General, Keyboards, and look under Text Replacement for any phrases that have been modified or tampered with. Remove them and you shouldn't have a problem.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
October 27th, 2015 at 9:21:26 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Well this was an interesting turn of events.

And you're right Ibeatyouraces, DI is never taken kindly here.

I actually met exoter on Thursday in St. Louis by complete chance. We talked quite a bit and he seemed pretty knowledgeable on machine play, but not like I could prove how successful or not successful he is. He seemed pretty nice overall, and quite the smooth talker. I tried to warn him that the forum doesn't let things slide with profanity and more, he did seem a little irked by the suspension. But he didn't curse that much in front of me, fwiw.

One the thing that got me was, he made it sound like he got a solid $300 a day doing machine ap and made little comment about bad swings at times. Maybe he just didn't think to talk about those as much. It just sounded like his variance was less than it should really be. But of course he was managing his group and all those winnings were pooled and he got a cut of them too, so that smooths things out I guess.

The forum unfortunately has had quite a few people making bold claims quickly and they haven't panned out. It's like you can't trust a new member anymore. There are a few gamblers out there who make consistent money, and maybe he is one of them, but hard for me to be for sure.



Interesting, I was going to say that Tring had apparently run into Exoter175 and had said as much, and was going to ask for elaboration on that meeting. Now he already has elaborated. I still gotta ask, you do not have to answer, how did you meet and figure out who you were talking to? Enquiring minds and all that....
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
October 27th, 2015 at 9:39:48 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Interesting, I was going to say that Tring had apparently run into Exoter175 and had said as much, and was going to ask for elaboration on that meeting. Now he already has elaborated. I still gotta ask, you do not have to answer, how did you meet and figure out who you were talking to? Enquiring minds and all that....



Saw me vulturing through ultimate x at Ameristar, and made the comment that I was "going to blow them out of the water". And he had his wallet in his hand in such a way where I could see part of a Kansas ID. At that point it was pretty trivial for me to ask if he posted on WoV.

  • Jump to: