Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 30
January 18th, 2020 at 2:45:19 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Probably from all the slave descendants.

Do you think there was never slavery in the North?

And, racial diversity covers all races (not just African Americans)....
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
January 18th, 2020 at 3:14:28 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Do you think there was never slavery in the North?

There were far more slaves in the South leading up to and during the Civil War.

Quote:

And, racial diversity covers all races (not just African Americans)....

Lots of Hispanics in the South, too.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 122
Thanks for this post from:
miplet
January 18th, 2020 at 4:40:02 PM permalink
I got one thing left to say, especially since I already locked this thread and nobody stopped talking.

PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE.

Look for the good in them, if there is any, you'll see it. Nice people come in all shapes, shades, sizes. If you don't already play poker, that's a great way to meet nice people. Start playing poker. You can bluff them, check-raise them, take their money, before you know it you've met some new friends. There's way too much hate in the world, stop hating and play poker.

Thread CLOSED!!!
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 226
January 18th, 2020 at 4:58:37 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I got one thing left to say, especially since I already locked this thread and nobody stopped talking.

PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE.

Look for the good in them, if there is any, you'll see it. Nice people come in all shapes, shades, sizes. If you don't already play poker, that's a great way to meet nice people. Start playing poker. You can bluff them, check-raise them, take their money, before you know it you've met some new friends. There's way too much hate in the world, stop hating and play poker.

Thread CLOSED!!!

Bobartop I didn't know you were a secret mod
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 221
January 18th, 2020 at 5:00:13 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

There were far more slaves in the South leading up to and during the Civil War.

Plenty of slaves in the Indian Territory as well. Are you going to call the Cherokee "racist?"
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
January 18th, 2020 at 5:28:03 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Plenty of slaves in the Indian Territory as well. Are you going to call the Cherokee "racist?"

If the moccasin fits, wear it.

Difference is, do they intentionally celebrate symbols associated with slavery and do they they have an alternative to choose instead?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 221
January 18th, 2020 at 5:45:36 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If the moccasin fits, wear it.

Difference is, do they intentionally celebrate symbols associated with slavery and do they they have an alternative to choose instead?

No idea. My symbol is about southern rock and southern culture.

Slavery ended almost 160 years ago. Get over it and get on with your life.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 30
January 18th, 2020 at 5:57:48 PM permalink
Deleted
Last edited by: Gandler on Jan 18, 2020
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 37
Thanks for this post from:
DeMango
January 18th, 2020 at 6:46:51 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

That's not the point. We are talking about perceptions which are difficult to convince people to change. To them the south is synonymous with racism

No, the South is now synonymous with winning college football.

People in South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas and eastern Texas now band together and self-identify and take pride in the SEC (South East Conference) and its football teams. Since we are not allowed to express regional pride in other ways, southerners pour an incredible amount of passion and money into SEC college football.

And we take great pleasure at being better at college football than any other region of the country. And probably the worst major college football program in America? The pantywaists of Rutgers, located in the toxic waste dump that is called New Jersey, a financially insolvent state that is known for corruption, rudeness and a miserable quality of life.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
January 18th, 2020 at 6:57:16 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Thread CLOSED!!!

I'm a little surprised it hasn't been closed. Maybe the Wizard is tallying up the violators off topic for one big ban hammer massacre. There will be blood.

(Although usually he just goes after first poster to deviate)
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: