Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 268
February 3rd, 2018 at 11:58:00 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

It is the equivalent of hanging a chicken from your ballsack and walking over a den of alligators.

Well Nathan is female so i dont think she is going to respond strongly to that one
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 3rd, 2018 at 12:24:37 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

It is the equivalent of hanging a chicken from your ballsack and walking over a den of alligators.

I never understood why alligators like chicken so much.
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 16
February 3rd, 2018 at 1:17:21 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

I never understood why alligators like chicken so much.

Because they taste just like people.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
February 3rd, 2018 at 4:21:42 PM permalink
Quote: Hullabaloo

Because they taste just like people.

People taste like pork (it's been reported )

Alligator, otoh, tastes like chicken.

Rattlesnake tastes like tunafish.

And oysters taste like snot.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanks for this post from:
BozPokerGrinder
February 3rd, 2018 at 4:29:19 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

This statement is from a WOV Forum post written today here:

"Believing this is totally nuts.

This total disconnect from reality and common sense, coming from an intelligent person, is just one reason your post suggests significant psychological problems."

Is that an insult? Will a moderator swoop down like an avenging angel and suspend this person? Will the moderator tell this person that after this suspension is over, he is welcome to not return at all?

This was me and I did get suspended, so good for you.

For the record, I honestly think that this, along with other posts, suggests some combination of authentic mental illness and deeply flawed thinking, to put it a nice way. The billion dollar bookie industry, NBA players who make millions per year, NBA refs, the medical staffs of teams... all of these people have conspired to make sure a bet loses, jeopardizing their careers, their reputations and freedom. The total? The pointspread? The ML? No. The bet that I specifically made. Because the entire world revolves around me, in a negative way.

Someone who thinks like this will not listen if you tell them it is crazy and they are shooting themselves in the foot by thinking this way. But, if people consistently point these things out, perhaps a seed will be planted and one day, he might consider the idea that what other people have been saying is true and set about fixing the problem.

So, anyway, I got put on ice for a while. It was a judgment call made in good faith by people who provide me with free entertainment. It caused no harm. No problem.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 268
Rigondeaux
February 3rd, 2018 at 5:22:04 PM permalink
Welcome back rigondeaux
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 54
Rigondeaux
February 3rd, 2018 at 8:38:03 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Quote: gordonm888

This statement is from a WOV Forum post written today here:

"Believing this is totally nuts.

This total disconnect from reality and common sense, coming from an intelligent person, is just one reason your post suggests significant psychological problems."

Is that an insult? Will a moderator swoop down like an avenging angel and suspend this person? Will the moderator tell this person that after this suspension is over, he is welcome to not return at all?

This was me and I did get suspended, so good for you.

For the record, I honestly think that this, along with other posts, suggests some combination of authentic mental illness and deeply flawed thinking, to put it a nice way. The billion dollar bookie industry, NBA players who make millions per year, NBA refs, the medical staffs of teams... all of these people have conspired to make sure a bet loses, jeopardizing their careers, their reputations and freedom. The total? The pointspread? The ML? No. The bet that I specifically made. Because the entire world revolves around me, in a negative way.

Someone who thinks like this will not listen if you tell them it is crazy and they are shooting themselves in the foot by thinking this way. But, if people consistently point these things out, perhaps a seed will be planted and one day, he might consider the idea that what other people have been saying is true and set about fixing the problem.

So, anyway, I got put on ice for a while. It was a judgment call made in good faith by people who provide me with free entertainment. It caused no harm. No problem.

OMG. Actually, I agreed with you, Rigondeaux, on your general assessment of the mental unhealthiness of the post you were commenting on and I would not have suspended you if I were a moderator. I thought I was demonstrating that stronger comments than those that Dark Oz was suspended for were indeed allowable. 100%, I never mean to throw you into the threshing machine of the moderators. I was protesting what I think are excessive suspension policies not trying to get more people suspended. I am so sorry.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
February 3rd, 2018 at 8:55:15 PM permalink
No problem. I don't think anybody was acting maliciously.

• Jump to: