whodat
whodat
  • Threads: 7
May 22nd, 2016 at 1:47:11 PM permalink
I frequent multiple forums. The makeup of each forum is different. The Craps Forum have some fairly decent posters and are mainly divided into four camps--the "on-axis DI, the off-axis DI, the non-believers, and those that don't care.
This forum is made up of a lot of math-based, intuitive people.
There is such a wide division between the two that the crap posters who come here get ridiculed quite a bit and end up not returning for a while.
I joined last year but after some initial posts stopped visiting this site because some of the more "acerbic " answers. Craps players, unless DI truly exists, play in a negative expectation game. The astute ones know that. They also know that they win because of variance. Many times when they ask about a certain system they are wondering about the staying power of that system until they get onto a hot roller. They don't want to be slapped down with a ridicule such as "why do you make such a stupid bet?" or "don't hedge it's stupid,"
I came back to this forum because I talked to another member of this forum whom I met online at a different forum. That person is very nice and told me this is the forum he frequented the most.
For the record, I'm not a troller. I play craps the most in the past two years but have played BJ, Paigow, and UTH. I would like to try my hand at VP. I play recreationally and maybe 4-6 times a year. I play in negative expectation games and I understand that. But technically makes me a loser but I'm most definitely not a "jealous loser."
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 22nd, 2016 at 4:03:35 PM permalink
Quote: whodat

I frequent multiple forums. The makeup of each forum is different. The Craps Forum have some fairly decent posters and are mainly divided into four camps--the "on-axis DI, the off-axis DI, the non-believers, and those that don't care.
This forum is made up of a lot of math-based, intuitive people.
There is such a wide division between the two that the crap posters who come here get ridiculed quite a bit and end up not returning for a while.
I joined last year but after some initial posts stopped visiting this site because some of the more "acerbic " answers. Craps players, unless DI truly exists, play in a negative expectation game. The astute ones know that. They also know that they win because of variance. Many times when they ask about a certain system they are wondering about the staying power of that system until they get onto a hot roller. They don't want to be slapped down with a ridicule such as "why do you make such a stupid bet?" or "don't hedge it's stupid,"
I came back to this forum because I talked to another member of this forum whom I met online at a different forum. That person is very nice and told me this is the forum he frequented the most.
For the record, I'm not a troller. I play craps the most in the past two years but have played BJ, Paigow, and UTH. I would like to try my hand at VP. I play recreationally and maybe 4-6 times a year. I play in negative expectation games and I understand that. But technically makes me a loser but I'm most definitely not a "jealous loser."

My comment wasn't about you or anyone else here. It was about former WoV members who are permanently exiled that do nothing but troll and complain about the goings on here. Their new home is a joke anyway. The administration has to steal 95% of the posts from other sites. Basically it's a fraud.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
whodat
whodat
  • Threads: 7
May 22nd, 2016 at 6:29:11 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

My comment wasn't about you or anyone else here. It was about former WoV members who are permanently exiled that do nothing but troll and complain about the goings on here. Their new home is a joke anyway. The administration has to steal 95% of the posts from other sites. Basically it's a fraud.

I understand. It just happened that the first time that I was here last year, it was not a good experience. I was starting my infancy in craps and reading about all these systems and different tosses. I made some posts and got clipped a little. I was not used to the sometimes abrupt style of writing and it became annoying.

But let's get back to the subject, I don't troll. I never purposefully post to get under someone's skin. And I don't pay toll to the troll either (respond back to his bait with a biting answer).

• Jump to: