Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 272
August 21st, 2021 at 3:59:14 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: Dieter

Quote: kewlj

I don't know if it matters but I am going to request that BoSox not be suspended for the above nasty remark.

(emphasis mine)

Noted. Pistols at dawn are highly discouraged.

And just when you were getting to be less WMOATish.

Unfortunately, that's earned you a grade demerit.

Okay I feel left out of the loop.

What does WMOAT stand for?

I keep seeing it mentioned.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 54
August 21st, 2021 at 4:07:45 AM permalink
Worst Moderator of All Time. A much coveted status.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 12
August 21st, 2021 at 4:13:19 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Hmph!

I'm going to see if it's worthwhile to have a Wittiest Mountaineer trophy made up for your collection.
A small one.
May the cards fall in your favor.
BoSox
BoSox
  • Threads: 8
August 21st, 2021 at 5:42:51 AM permalink
I understand the rule that the Wizard reminded the membership about this week pertaining to members not being allowed to cut and paste posts from other forums onto this forum. However, when lying is taken place on an extremely very real dirty level the person being spoken about should be able to use those outside quotes in some private way or manner to establish his/her credibility regarding proving his own accusation made. Thank you.
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
August 21st, 2021 at 7:27:01 AM permalink
Quote: BoSox

I understand the rule that the Wizard reminded the membership about this week pertaining to members not being allowed to cut and paste posts from other forums onto this forum. However, when lying is taken place on an extremely very real dirty level the person being spoken about should be able to use those outside quotes in some private way or manner to establish his/her credibility regarding proving his own accusation made. Thank you.

The obvious reason, both practically and legally, for not importing quotes from other forums is that very few people have copyrights on their forum names, so a handle on one account could be the same handle's brother, wife, extended family, or arch enemy on another account.

For example, I just rotated through a bunch of sign up procedures (using the handle BoSox) for GamblingForums.com, a fan club for Big Bottom Women, and the DeviantArt Sheep Lovers' Club. I had no problem trying to sign up for GamblingForums, where there's a Bosox but not a BoSox, or the Big Bottom Fan Cub, but somewhat surprisingly the Sheep Lovers' Club already had a BoSox. And no, I'm not making this up.

If I wanted to sabotage somebody using their anonymous handle, what's to stop me from "being them" whenever and wherever I want? And that's why importing quotes from other forums is problematic at best.

It's also why real names with real addresses are the province of grown-ups these days, and grown-ups are in short supply.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 272
August 21st, 2021 at 7:52:34 AM permalink
Quote: redietz

The obvious reason, both practically and legally, for not importing quotes from other forums is that very few people have copyrights on their forum names, so a handle on one account could be the same handle's brother, wife, extended family, or arch enemy on another account.

For example, I just rotated through a bunch of sign up procedures (using the handle BoSox) for GamblingForums.com, a fan club for Big Bottom Women, and the DeviantArt Sheep Lovers' Club. I had no problem trying to sign up for GamblingForums, where there's a Bosox but not a BoSox, or the Big Bottom Fan Cub, but somewhat surprisingly the Sheep Lovers' Club already had a BoSox. And no, I'm not making this up.

If I wanted to sabotage somebody using their anonymous handle, what's to stop me from "being them" whenever and wherever I want? And that's why importing quotes from other forums is problematic at best.

It's also why real names with real addresses are the province of grown-ups these days, and grown-ups are in short supply.

I have to agree with this.

My sole reason for signing up at a particular gambling forum was because there was accusations I was posting under another handle.

It's problematic to assume anyone with a similar or same handle is the same person.

As for big bottoms and sheep lovers on the web, hmmmm!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
August 21st, 2021 at 8:38:19 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: kewlj

I don't know if it matters but I am going to request that BoSox not be suspended for the above nasty remark.

(emphasis mine)

Noted. Pistols at dawn are highly discouraged.

"8:00. I do my killin' after breakfast."-Marty McFly
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
August 21st, 2021 at 8:39:06 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I win running away. You guys are just playing for second place.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
August 21st, 2021 at 8:59:36 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I win running away. You guys are just playing for second place.

OD has had it locked down for a long time. Iím not sure why some of these mods/former mods seem to cover it.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 12
August 21st, 2021 at 9:11:35 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

OD has had it locked down for a long time. Iím not sure why some of these mods/former mods seem to cover it.

Healthy competition brings out our best performance.
Also, time isn't over yet, so there's a chance.
May the cards fall in your favor.

• Jump to: