Thread Rating:

MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 313
  • Posts: 6829
April 10th, 2021 at 8:46:06 PM permalink
Heck, I went a couple times and like you I'm about as popular as ants at a picnic.
"What, me worry?"
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2372
April 10th, 2021 at 8:53:09 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

I'll go. Do you think I'll get an invite?

Would anybody show up knowing that I've accepted the invitation?

Iíd be happy to meet you at spring fling. Though I say that knowing itís likely Iíll never go.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 830
April 10th, 2021 at 8:55:43 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Iíd be happy to meet you at spring fling. Though I say that knowing itís likely Iíll never go.



Send me another PM, we have lots to talk about.
coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 830
April 10th, 2021 at 9:02:31 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I went a couple times



I read that you were almost comatose at those events.

How did you explain it...you're a phony in real life,
or was it that you're a phony on the forums?

I can't keep track of all your deceit.

Smoke, Papa.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 247
  • Posts: 7795
April 10th, 2021 at 9:20:31 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

I read that you were almost comatose at those events.

How did you explain it...you're a phony in real life,
or was it that you're a phony on the forums?

I can't keep track of all your deceit.

Smoke, Papa.



Quoted for personal insult in case he retracts it.

Mr. V the balls in your court
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 830
April 10th, 2021 at 9:27:38 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Mr. V the balls in your court



How nice that you found the ball for him.

Can I still receive PMs?...I'm expecting UnJon to contact me soon.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 427
  • Posts: 24608
April 10th, 2021 at 9:46:49 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Why wouldn't you go?
.



Put on your thinking cap, you'll figure it out.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 313
  • Posts: 6829
April 10th, 2021 at 10:28:34 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quoted for personal insult in case he retracts it. Mr. V the balls in your court




He's simply trying to be clever, don't you see?

It's a variation on the old "Have you stopped beating your wife?" trap: there is no viable "yes" or "no" answer.

It's rhetorical quicksand.

Whatever, I don't feel insulted by his comment at all, considering the source.

But I'm not a mod, so my opinion on the matter probably isn't worth much, given the standard of judgment should be objective and not subjective.
"What, me worry?"
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 247
  • Posts: 7795
April 10th, 2021 at 10:31:08 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

He's simply trying to be clever, don't you see?

It's a variation on the old "Have you stopped beating your wife?" trap: there is no viable "yes" or "no" answer.

It's rhetorical quicksand.

Whatever, I don't feel insulted by his comment at all, considering the source.

But I'm not a mod, so my opinion on the matter probably isn't worth much, given the standard of judgment should be objective and not subjective.



Wouldn't the correct answer be "I never beat my wife" (assuming you don't and are being truthful)
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 830
April 10th, 2021 at 10:36:14 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

It's rhetorical quicksand.



You wrote about your in person vs forum personality.

There's no trick question or trap, you wrote what you wrote,
that can't change.

I'll find it and quote it if you refuse to cop to it.

  • Jump to: