Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 122
August 1st, 2020 at 3:53:39 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I don't like the fact that there are secret moderators, or administrators, or prize patrol participants. Mike does, and it's his bat and ball.
Mission was one of my favorite moderators, but I think he did the right thing by resigning.

Thanks for saying so! In any case, I wouldn't even think of me as a Secret Admin if I were you. I literally do nothing Administratively and have no input except to delete spam. Just yesterday, someone posted the same question in seven or eight different threads and I did nothing about it. I even answered him in one of the threads just to be cute.
Vultures can't be choosers.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 168
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 1st, 2020 at 6:59:03 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

No, I didn't. Someone asked why there are Secret Administrators and I answered it to the best of my knowledge.

Not really. We were discussing Secret Mods and you referenced Secret Mods several times and then said you were not a Secret Administrator. You later clarified they were interchangeable terms, but your original post made it seem like a different layer of bureaucracy .
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1325
Mission146
August 1st, 2020 at 8:31:15 PM permalink
A couple things to say:

1. Secret moderators are not only allowed to lie about being one, they are expected to.
2. That purpose of that position is mostly a stepping stone to being a full green moderator. However, some have never asked for that promotion. Greens are held to a higher standard and I think some secret mods don't want to be held to it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Mission146
Mission146
August 2nd, 2020 at 4:52:09 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Not really. We were discussing Secret Mods and you referenced Secret Mods several times and then said you were not a Secret Administrator. You later clarified they were interchangeable terms, but your original post made it seem like a different layer of bureaucracy .

I fail to see how that constitutes, ďBringing it up,Ē when my original presence in this thread was to answer the question of why there are Secret Administrators, but whatever you like.

In fact, the ONLY reason that I brought up the moderation abilities that I retained is BECAUSE it seemed proper to disclose them (again) if Iím even going to be talking about Secret Admins. IOW, I brought it up specifically because Iím doing the exact opposite of trying to hide it.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 15
Mission146
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:36:43 PM permalink
How secret?
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 38
Mission146
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:47:49 PM permalink
Just want to voice strong support for Mission in whatever role he wants to play.

Mission, please don't alter what you do because one member objects to it. Remember that in any large group there will almost always be people who are very negative and critical about almost everything & everyone around them. Just consider such negative people to be part of "life's rich pageant," and move forward with confidence that almost everyone else respects you greatly.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
Mission146
Mission146
August 2nd, 2020 at 2:13:38 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Just want to voice strong support for Mission in whatever role he wants to play.

Mission, please don't alter what you do because one member objects to it. Remember that in any large group there will almost always be people who are very negative and critical about almost everything & everyone around them. Just consider such negative people to be part of "life's rich pageant," and move forward with confidence that almost everyone else respects you greatly.

Thanks for the support!

Iím not really worried about it, as to the rest. If even one person objects to me deleting spam, then Iíll stop doing it. Iím not doing it for my sake, so it doesnít really matter to me whether I do it or not. Thanks again for your kind words!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
Mission146SanchoPanza
August 2nd, 2020 at 3:50:45 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

If even one person objects to me deleting spam, then Iíll stop doing it. Iím not doing it for my sake, so it doesnít really matter to me whether I do it or not. Thanks again for your kind words!

THIS is what I don't get about you! If 99 out of 100 members are HAPPY you still delete spam, but one fringe jerk doesn't want you to clear the junk, why would you let the the one jerk prevent you from helping out the entire forum? If I were in your shoes I would do what was best for the forum, unless Wiz or BBB or OD told me not to. At a minimum, before I stopped doing the noble work that you have been thanklessly doing, I'd ask a greenie if they wanted me to stop.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 17
Mission146
August 2nd, 2020 at 3:54:35 PM permalink
Why does anyone even care about this??? Move on.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
August 3rd, 2020 at 1:05:49 PM permalink
Feeling generous in only giving USPaperGames 3 days in spite of previous suspension.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/rules/5288-suspension-list/#post71165

Maybe not so lenient next time.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..

• Jump to: