Thread Rating:

kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 199
Thanks for this post from:
PokerGrinderonenickelmiracleJohnzimborxwinedumbledoreHunterhillMission146scolistbeachbumbabsArmageddentringlomaneZuga
May 30th, 2020 at 10:21:37 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I would like to welcome kewlj back to WoV. This is a rare case of a nuke being overturned, after serving over four years. I think this sets a record for the longest suspension (he served 3-14-2016 to 5-30-2020).

So let's see, what was I talking about when I was interrupted 4 years ago? Ok, maybe I won't go back to that. lol.

But I will say this: The situation that lead to my banning has resolved itself with the player I had concerns about misleading people having admitted to some of my concerns and has now left the gambling/AP forums community. I have no further issues or ill will towards anyone involved. I regret some of the things I said after my banning on other forums, but think everyone involved handled the situation badly and there is plenty of blame to go around. I am just looking forward to moving forward.

Thanks to Mike for inviting me back. I look forward to a forum that I can discuss some gambling, advantage play, Las Vegas topics without being attacked for everything I say.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
onenickelmiracle
May 30th, 2020 at 11:52:17 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

So let's see, what was I talking about when I was interrupted 4 years ago? Ok, maybe I won't go back to that. lol.

But I will say this: The situation that lead to my banning has resolved itself with the player I had concerns about misleading people having admitted to some of my concerns and has now left the gambling/AP forums community. I have no further issues or ill will towards anyone involved. I regret some of the things I said after my banning on other forums, but think everyone involved handled the situation badly and there is plenty of blame to go around. I am just looking forward to moving forward.

Thanks to Mike for inviting me back. I look forward to a forum that I can discuss some gambling, advantage play, Las Vegas topics without being attacked for everything I say.

Never thought I’d see this day, welcome back KJ!
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
May 31st, 2020 at 4:47:47 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Welcome back. At the time of your banning I lamented it. As a non-AP (Me!) who is fascinated by what you guys do, I always LOVED reading you posts about how EV and variance were your life. I in some ways was able to live vicariously through you and mostly Axel. Now Axel and Mission have taught me a few minor AP tactics, which I had been doing a little of before the pandemic. I hope you will ignore the people who are here just to agitate, and keep posting frequently.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 123
May 31st, 2020 at 5:29:37 AM permalink
Welcome back, KewlJ!
Vultures can't be choosers.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 513
May 31st, 2020 at 1:06:41 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I would like to welcome kewlj back to WoV. This is a rare case of a nuke being overturned, after serving over four years. I think this sets a record for the longest suspension (he served 3-14-2016 to 5-30-2020).

I ask the forum to not rehash old stuff and let bygones by bygones. Kewlj tells a good story and I look forward to his observations on the reopening of Vegas this Thursday.

link to the thread that got him nuked? (suspension list no longer lists it)
and what made you overturn his nuke?

and welcome back LL KewlJ! :)
Last edited by: 100xOdds on May 31, 2020
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Mission146
Mission146
May 31st, 2020 at 1:09:42 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

link to the thread that got him nuked? (suspension list doesnt go back that far)
and what made you overturn his nuke?

He didn’t get nuked for anything said directly in a thread, exactly. If you want to see some semi-relevant posts, just click his name on the Members List, go to ‘See All Posts,” and look at the most recent ones not from the last 24h.
100xOdds
100xOdds
May 31st, 2020 at 1:22:04 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Welcome back. At the time of your banning I lamented it.
As a non-AP (Me!) who is fascinated by what you guys do, I always LOVED reading you posts about how EV and variance were your life.

you mean his trip reports?
or were there +ev non-gambling life threads?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
odiousgambit
May 31st, 2020 at 1:28:36 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

you mean his trip reports?

or were there +ev non-gambling life threads?

Did you miss the part where Wiz asked not to bring up old stuff and let bygones be bygones or are you intentionally ignoring it? Nothing good can come of it.

Welcome back Kewlj
100xOdds
100xOdds
May 31st, 2020 at 1:31:54 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Did you miss the part where Wiz asked not to bring up old stuff and let bygones be bygones or are you intentionally ignoring it? Nothing good can come of it.

Welcome back Kewlj

no, i dont want to bring up the old stuff that got him banned.
i just want to read about his +ev life to see how i can improve my life.

also, i dont know which thread got him banned because the suspension list no longer lists it.
so you're saying one of his +ev non-gambling life threads is what got him banned???
Mission146
Mission146
May 31st, 2020 at 1:45:10 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Welcome back Kewlj

With all due respect, I would say that asking to be directed to the subject matter is not the same thing as, "Bringing it up," in the sense that Wizard meant. That's assuming he just wanted to read about it rather than actually discuss it.

• Jump to: