Yoyomama
Yoyomama
  • Threads: 47
July 15th, 2020 at 4:31:54 AM permalink
Yesterday I tried to log in to WV and got a RED screen saying "deceptive site with hackers trying to get you to do something dangerous." Then a black screen saying "click here." Then a screen appeared with a slot machine offering "3 free spins. Millions won already." I didn't do any of the above. I had no problems going to any other websites. I have a chromebook.

I Googled and got this.

Deceptive Site Ahead is a warning message that generally users find when accessing a website on Google Chrome browser. It halts the user from accessing the website, as it is infected with malware or a threat that the browser definition finds dangerous for the user to access.

Any similar experience?

Thank you
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
July 15th, 2020 at 5:24:57 AM permalink
I was implored to update my Flash player. That was curious because I was working from an iPad.
A falling knife has no handle.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
July 15th, 2020 at 7:06:54 AM permalink
I had a similar issue when clicking through to WOV from a google search. I assumed it was a virus on my PC, but I haven’t done anything yet because it didn’t affect other searches.
I heart Crystal Math.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
July 15th, 2020 at 2:12:02 PM permalink
Possibly DNS hijacking. Would be done by having a bad DNS server assigned via DHCP, or by the ISP you are using intercepting DNS requests.

You request WoV site, but the returned IP address goes elsewhere. Some browsers detect this. I wouldn’t know about Chrome, won’t use it.

Another possibility is the site you visit injects connections to other sites. I have never seen that for WoV.

And, as ChrystalMath said, your machine could be infected. Check browser plugins; they can be installed without administrative privilege and cause what you report.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
July 15th, 2020 at 3:08:38 PM permalink
I was also getting a redirect when going to WOV (multiple browsers). Antivirus was blocking the redirect for me. Not doing it anymore.
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 94
July 15th, 2020 at 7:37:44 PM permalink
I had a similar problem for the last couple of days.

I tried to get to this website via multiple browsers, ISPs etc, and always got the same re-direct ( "hijack" ?) to something that said "congratulations you have won an Iphone 11..."
  • Jump to: