SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 118
Thanks for this post from:
JohnnyQcalwatchDRichUP84Mukke
November 13th, 2022 at 11:06:24 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

My wife, who is a registered nurse, says that cancer medications and physiological effects of cancer can make a person wacky -that is, they can sometimes affect the cognitive processes and cause a person to "not be at their best" from a mental processing point of view. Maybe soopoo or other medical professionals can elaborate further if I am not correctly representing this.

Alan's posts for the last few months were often exasperating for almost all of us. But you know, there are times in life when all you can do is to do the best you can. With perfect hindsight, I suspect that Alan was just doing the best he could. Here and elsewhere, Alan left his mark in trails of unsettled dust and cobwebs torn asunder. Let's all grieve for him and for the pain he was surely in. And just maybe we can all take a lesson to show a bit more grace toward each other in the future because we rarely understand what each other is going through at any given moment.
link to original post

There is no reason to think he was in any physical pain. If he was suffering from kidney failure, that certainly can affect your mentation. Who knows what causes the final event in our lives? Unless someone actually knows, all we can do is guess.

By all accounts Alan lived a life HE was happy with. He must have enjoyed making his claims, and defending them!

Seems like a life well lived to me.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1438
FinsRulegordonm888UP84JohnnyQ
November 13th, 2022 at 7:59:37 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

By all accounts Alan lived a life HE was happy with. He must have enjoyed making his claims, and defending them!

Seems like a life well lived to me.
link to original post

Yes. I hope he enjoyed arguing the 1/6 side of the "two dice problem" and the 18 yo's over thousands of posts. You have to give him marks for consistency and persistence. I agreed with Alan about almost nothing, but through it all he was polite and a gentleman, most of the time. RIP Alan.
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” -- Carl Sagan
ViennaPizza
ViennaPizza
  • Threads: 16
November 15th, 2022 at 12:25:32 AM permalink
God has answered my prayer! This guy was very rude to me and just won't let the "ploppie" thing go. Hijacking my threads and insulting me. I prayed to God that that he would stop doing it, and never do it again. God has answered my prayers and ensured indeed that he will never do it again.

My faith in God has reached a all new record high.

Glory to God!

Admin note: This post has been hidden in spoiler tags out of respect for Alan. However, we don't delete it completely to preserve the evidence as to what kind of person ViennaPizza is.
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Nov 15, 2022
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
JohnnyQ
November 15th, 2022 at 3:12:09 AM permalink
Quote: ViennaPizza

God has answered my prayer! This guy was very rude to me and just won't let the "ploppie" thing go. Hijacking my threads and insulting me. I prayed to God that that he would stop doing it, and never do it again. God has answered my prayers and ensured indeed that he will never do it again.

Glory to God!

link to original post

ViennaPizza,

This post is both incredibly immature and insensitive towards the board, as well as an insult to religion. If it was intended as humor, you missed the mark entirely.

I suggest you remove the post before it offends anyone else.

Dog Hand

P.S. Moderators, if ViennaPizza's post is removed, please remove mine as well.
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Nov 16, 2022
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
DJTeddyBearDRichUP84JohnnyQHunterhillThisIsMyJamcamapl
November 15th, 2022 at 4:44:56 AM permalink
Quote: ViennaPizza

Glory to God!

Note: Post hidden by moderator, out of respect to Alan
link to original post

That was one of the most disgusting posts I have ever seen. I think I previously ruled that one loses insult protection after death. However, moderators reserve the right to use their discretion in situations like which break no posted rules to do whatever they want. Ultimately, this is a dictatorship, although I don't like to play that card.

Seven days.
Last edited by: Wizard on Nov 17, 2022
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 571
November 15th, 2022 at 6:37:54 AM permalink
wow.. i dont check the forum for a few days and i come back to Alan dead? :(

RIP Alan!

i am surprised he came back (and stayed) a 2nd time after he resigned the 1st time for the abuse he took.

Do we have a list of notable members that have died?
SteelCo
PaigowDan
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
  • Threads: 57
November 15th, 2022 at 9:11:23 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

wow.. i dont check the forum for a few days and i come back to Alan dead? :(

RIP Alan!

i am surprised he came back (and stayed) a 2nd time after he resigned the 1st time for the abuse he took.

SteelCo
PaigowDan
link to original post

While we don't have absolute certainty, I think we all believe that FleaStiff has died?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 15th, 2022 at 10:05:13 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

SteelCo
PaigowDan
link to original post

Here is what immediately comes to my mind:

AlanMendelson
SteelCo
PaigowDan
Perdition
Fleastiff (likely)
Moses

Anyone I'm forgetting?
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
November 15th, 2022 at 4:58:30 PM permalink
So sad, I liked Alan's posts. This is also a sad reminder, not to hijack, about Dan...
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 254
November 15th, 2022 at 5:09:54 PM permalink
Quote: DogHand

I suggest you remove the post before it offends anyone else.

Yes. I think the site should remove it to help preserve the good reputation of this site.
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same

• Jump to: