Thread Rating:

coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1097
April 5th, 2021 at 7:49:42 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I mean how convenient MDawg read only the post for the challenge he prefers but didn't unblock the other one!



He only saw the first one because Wizard quoted it when he accepted it.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't accept the revised challenge if he read it,
given how SOOPOO explained what a GIGANTIC +EV opportunity it would be.

Can a member see threads started by someone they blocked?

I've never blocked anybody, so I don't know what happens when you do.
coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1097
April 5th, 2021 at 7:52:00 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

He only saw the first one because Wizard quoted it when he accepted it.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't accept the revised challenge if he read it,
given how SOOPOO explained what a GIGANTIC +EV opportunity it would be.

Can a member see threads started by someone they blocked?

I've never blocked anybody, so I don't know what happens when you do.

darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8851
April 5th, 2021 at 8:18:25 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

He only saw the first one because Wizard quoted it when he accepted it.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't accept the revised challenge if he read it,
given how SOOPOO explained what a GIGANTIC +EV opportunity it would be.

Can a member see threads started by someone they blocked?

I've never blocked anybody, so I don't know what happens when you do.



You can see the threads.

Technically you can see posts have been made. The post is there as an entry and the words "a post has been blocked due to your settings".

You then have a choice to unblock just that post.

So everything posted is accessible even when blocked.

It's more of a convenience or reminder that you don't like what this guy has to say.

Which is why MDawg saying he only sees posts when logged out sounds suspect.

BTW, Coach, you are blocked to me. Yet I am still interacting with you ala the method above
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1390
  • Posts: 23442
April 5th, 2021 at 8:25:14 PM permalink
I report that I just received 0.00850712 BTC from Expected Value, which at the moment has a value of $500.10, for purposes of escrow.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1097
April 5th, 2021 at 8:27:52 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You then have a choice to unblock just that post.



Why block someone, then open their posts one at a time,
considering that you know who the post is from?

You need reminding that you don't like what someone has to say,
then you unblock and read their posts anyway?

Does the reminder help you decide if you like the post or not?
vegas
vegas
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 571
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
April 5th, 2021 at 8:30:04 PM permalink
Coachbelly has one job here and that is to make sure this challenge does not happen. You knew he would cone into this thread and twist everything. He is a hired gun.

Also anyone who thinks people block others are dreaming. I bet 1 person in 10 who says he blocks someone actually does. Often you will catch them replying to someone they blocked.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1097
April 5th, 2021 at 8:36:28 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Coachbelly has one job here and that is to make sure this challenge does not happen. You knew he would cone into this thread and twist everything. He is a hired gun.

Also anyone who thinks people block others are dreaming. I bet 1 person in 10 who says he blocks someone actually does. Often you will catch them replying to someone they blocked.



You have it all wrong, I want the challenge to happen.

I actually want 2 challenges to happen, the original offered and accepted challenge,
and the revised challenge which has been offered but not accepted.

I have seen screen shots of what the member sees when someone is blocked,
so it appears that members are indeed blocking other members.

I've read that anything can be faked, but I don't know why anyone would
fake blocking someone by posting a fake screenshot.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8851
April 5th, 2021 at 9:40:32 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

Why block someone, then open their posts one at a time,
considering that you know who the post is from?

You need reminding that you don't like what someone has to say,
then you unblock and read their posts anyway?

Does the reminder help you decide if you like the post or not?



You do realize I didn't design the WOV website?

Why don't you ask Wizard why it was set up that way.

My opinion:. As there are ongoing conversations in the threads there will be gaps if you skip blocked members comments so this gives you an opportunity to decipher the complete conversation.

BTW, that's at the very core of the disagreement here with MDawg claiming he didn't see the challenge that EV is saying was the actual rules in total.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
coachbelly
coachbelly
Joined: Oct 21, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1097
April 5th, 2021 at 9:57:57 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You do realize I didn't design the WOV website?

Why don't you ask Wizard why it was set up that way.



I don't care why it was set up that way.

I asked why you would block someone,
then read their posts anyway?

Every blocked post leaves gaps in the conversations,
so you open the blocked posts to follow the conversation?

What's the point of going through all that?

Why bother blocking the posts in the first place,
why not just scroll past the posts and ignore them?
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8851
April 5th, 2021 at 10:08:02 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

I don't care why it was set up that way.

I asked why you would block someone,
then read their posts anyway?

Every blocked post leaves gaps in the conversations,
so you open the blocked posts to follow the conversation?

What's the point of going through all that?

Why bother blocking the posts in the first place,
why not just scroll past the posts and ignore them?



Because I am a human being of free will who can make those choices

And the WOV designers made those choices available.

Why do people who vomit the day after they drink heavy still do it?

Why do people who know smoking causes lung cancer still do it?

Human choice, what an interesting foible
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: