Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
April 5th, 2021 at 3:25:40 PM permalink
Hasn't MDawg demanded $50,000 in order for someone to observe his play pastwise?

Does anyone believe he will be up to a 96% discount?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
coachbelly
coachbelly
  • Threads: 1
April 5th, 2021 at 3:25:44 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I'm not sure why a minimum bet is needed to be established? If someone is betting $100 one hand but on the next hand they bet 20k I would have to give them credit for an average bet. That proves to me they have the funds and stupidity of making large bets in to - EV games.

The challenge calls for a positive result after at least 75% of a shoe played,
not to prove anything to you about available funds or large -EV bets.

If the participants don't agree on a minimum bet beforehand,
that the minimum will be discussed after the challenge is accepted,
then they may not be able to agree on the minimum bet after the fact.

I guess then that the min bet default would be the table minimum.

If you want to advocate for that, then go right ahead and present your argument in favor.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 48
April 5th, 2021 at 3:29:07 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

If you want to advocate for that, then go right ahead and present your argument in favor.

It won't cost me or you a bean. Wizard and MDawg get a freeroll and maybe one will buy me a beer one day and ExpectedValue will get the satisfaction that he purchased. I rest my case.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
coachbelly
coachbelly
April 5th, 2021 at 3:29:40 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Hasn't MDawg demanded $50,000 in order for someone to observe his play pastwise?

Does anyone believe he will be up to a 96% discount?

Yes I believe that he will if offered a $2K bonus for a positive result after 57 hands.

I suspect that this is a +EV play, of the magnitude of the recent VP play the Wizard wrote about.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
Thanks for this post from:
Expectedvalue
April 5th, 2021 at 3:31:12 PM permalink
Oh good, a new thread that I am eligible to participate in. :)

Seems to me, Expectedvalue, made an honest attempt at a fair proposal and the usual suspects are trying to sabotage it with their usual games.

The proposal is meant to show that the person in question plays the stakes he claims...nothing more, as many on this forum don't even believe that.

Whether or not the session observed is a winning or losing session is irrelevant as far as proving or disproving any long term results, although it would be pretty hard to explain if this was the session that broke the 'streak'.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 48
April 5th, 2021 at 3:33:41 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

The proposal is meant to show that the person in question plays the stakes he claims...nothing more, as many on this forum don't even believe that.

And the proposal is flawed in that it wouldn't achieve that. But Hey Ho. Not my money.... Yet
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
coachbelly
coachbelly
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
April 5th, 2021 at 3:34:02 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

It won't cost me or you a bean. Wizard and MDawg get a freeroll and maybe one will buy me a beer one day and ExpectedValue will get the satisfaction that he purchased. I rest my case.

You've made a compelling argument.
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
  • Threads: 4
April 5th, 2021 at 3:39:09 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Oh good, a new thread that I am eligible to participate in. :)

Seems to me, Expectedvalue, made an honest attempt at a fair proposal and the usual suspects are trying to sabotage it with their usual games.

Whether or not the session observed is a winning or losing session is irrelevant as far as proving or disproving any long term results, although it would be pretty hard to explain if this was the session that broke the 'streak'.

This post is on point
coachbelly
coachbelly
April 5th, 2021 at 3:39:38 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

And the proposal is flawed in that it wouldn't achieve that. But Hey Ho. Not my money.... Yet

That's correct, the current proposal has terms.

MDawg needs to draw a $8K marker,
play and be ahead after at least 57 hands...that's it.

The terms can't change now to reflect what the proposal meant to show.

That would mean withdrawing the current challenge,
and proposing another challenge.

Which, of course, ExpectedValue is free to do.
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
  • Threads: 4
April 5th, 2021 at 3:46:46 PM permalink
Please do not chance my words coach belly. I said at a minimum that we agree on.

• Jump to: