darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8862
May 24th, 2020 at 6:57:00 AM permalink
Quote: racquet

My mistake. It's Universal Studios/Orlando, and it's June 5th.

https://www.wesh.com/article/universal-orlando-reopen-june/32646125#



No problem

I have made enough mistakes myself

They said they are eliminating mist, water aspects of rides. I don't get that. I'm not afraid of water from a mist machine.

I don't think the water flume on Jurassic Park is carrying the virus. It doesn't seem to work that way.

However social distancing on rides is going to be weird. Lines will be so much longer.

I understand why they eliminated the single rider line though
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 2388
May 24th, 2020 at 10:28:14 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Doesn't matter how much wealth destroyed or lives crushed. WE.MUST.STAY.CLOSED.IF.IT.SAVES.EVEN.1.LIFE.

For those that do not get it, that is satire.



One undiagnosed case could wipe out a city of 20,000 in 2 months with no lockdown and no safety provisions. We're already living on borrowed time that's been wasted on political content.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 227
  • Posts: 12481
May 24th, 2020 at 11:28:15 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

One undiagnosed case could wipe out a city of 20,000 in 2 months with no lockdown and no safety provisions. We're already living on borrowed time that's been wasted on political content.



Uh, doubtful. But anyone who wants to stay home nobody is stopping them, just do it on their own dime.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 20014
May 24th, 2020 at 12:07:30 PM permalink
Let's just hope this herd immunity theory or something works, because from what I'm seeing as far as social distancing and masks go, sooner or later we're going to be back to the same levels or higher then we had prior to the lock-down.
I myself am a little guilty of that as well on a few occasions. I don't think we are anywhere near prepared to deal with it if it happens. Admittedly, I have no clue what or how we would have needed to do in order to prepared and keep it from spreading like before.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 4031
May 24th, 2020 at 12:25:01 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Let's just hope this herd immunity theory or something works, because from what I'm seeing as far as social distancing and masks go, sooner or later we're going to be back to the same levels or higher then we had prior to the lock-down.
I myself am a little guilty of that as well on a few occasions. I don't think we are anywhere near prepared to deal with it if it happens. Admittedly, I have no clue what or how we would have needed to do in order to prepared and keep it from spreading like before.



I agree and frankly I'm scared even though I want to get out of prison and have the economy return to normal.
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 193
  • Posts: 11783
May 24th, 2020 at 12:29:50 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Let's just hope this herd immunity theory or something works, because from what I'm seeing as far as social distancing and masks go, sooner or later we're going to be back to the same levels or higher then we had prior to the lock-down.
I myself am a little guilty of that as well on a few occasions. I don't think we are anywhere near prepared to deal with it if it happens. Admittedly, I have no clue what or how we would have needed to do in order to prepared and keep it from spreading like before.



Just pretend there is no virus and go back to normal. We are all going to die anyway. Don't let 100,000 dead interfere with your gawd given right to do whatever you want. After all, there is no "we" in U.S.A. Masks are for children.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 227
  • Posts: 12481
May 24th, 2020 at 12:37:33 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Just pretend there is no virus and go back to normal. We are all going to die anyway. Don't let 100,000 dead interfere with your gawd given right to do whatever you want. After all, there is no "we" in U.S.A. Masks are for children.



If you let "dead" stop you then you would never get into a car or eat so many good foods. Those staying home leave more room at the $10 table for those of us who are not.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
racquet
racquet
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 411
May 24th, 2020 at 12:52:48 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Uh, doubtful. But anyone who wants to stay home nobody is stopping them, just do it on their own dime.



Agreed.

Anyone who relies on an elected official to provide them with common sense does not have much of their own.

Regardless of what one governor says in one jurisdiction versus a mayor in some other, I will decide what to do, or not do, based on my own best judgement. It's no better than the judgement of anyone else - family member, friend, local pol, parish priest, cable news prima donna.

I will take into account those opinions that I believe to be sound ones. I don't need a newly empowered political hack to decide for me, on whichever side of all the various ideas about getting back into the public I fall on.

When I think that it's safe enough for me, I will go out, or not, with whatever precautions I feel are appropriate at that moment.

It seems totally illogical to think, "Gee, I wonder what Donald Trump, Either Cuomo, or Bill De Blasio thinks about what I should do? Wait. Let me find out before I decide, for myself, what is best."

Whatever you believe about transmission, social distance, symptomatic, asymptomatic, whatever... Act for yourself. Decide for yourself.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 20014
May 24th, 2020 at 1:02:04 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Uh, doubtful. But anyone who wants to stay home nobody is stopping them, just do it on their own dime.

I can guarantee you it's not going to be on their own dime, YOU will end up paying for it/them one way or another.

I know someone who has benefited immensely from the Coronavirus government funded windfall. I can only imagine what's really going on, some people are making more money than ever, and it's most likely the people who absolutely do not deserve it.

Are you willing to pay for the at-risk people who absolutely shouldn't return to work?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 227
  • Posts: 12481
May 24th, 2020 at 1:57:07 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I can guarantee you it's not going to be on their own dime, YOU will end up paying for it/them one way or another.

I know someone who has benefited immensely from the Coronavirus government funded windfall. I can only imagine what's really going on, some people are making more money than ever, and it's most likely the people who absolutely do not deserve it.

Are you willing to pay for the at-risk people who absolutely shouldn't return to work?



I have said many times they should not be collecting benefits when we open back up, which should be now.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

  • Jump to: