FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 262
  • Posts: 13900
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146odiousgambitBleedingChipsSlowly
August 7th, 2019 at 6:32:05 AM permalink
Resort Fees get me 'carpet walking privileges' and 'elevator riding privileges', wow! I have been to some non-gambling resorts that allowed that!!
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 12147
August 7th, 2019 at 6:59:07 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Resort Fees get me 'carpet walking privileges' and 'elevator riding privileges', wow! I have been to some non-gambling resorts that allowed that!!



They should start listing those as features. Don't want to pay? Take the stairs to your room. JK
Vultures can't be choosers.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 262
  • Posts: 13900
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 10th, 2019 at 7:07:17 AM permalink
I commented on the Gamblification article about Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll.

I really have nothing whatsoever in the way of statistics that support my statement that Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll has been replaced with Sex, Drugs and Gambling though I would hardly be surprised if some government agency was indeed able to provide supporting data.

I have absolutely no data on Virtual Sex, Virtual Drugs or Virtual Gambling. It is simply that things do indeed get "monetized". Just as surfing of ocean waves soon brought us professional surfers, computer games have brought us professional game players and professional game-arenas.

I recently performed a "mini-highjacking" of a trip report thread to discuss the use of hosts at an upscale resort by players whose action was nowhere near to being of particular interest at the high-end casino. This soon lead to several forum members contributing comments about the casino's monetization of virtual gambling as a means of establishing and maintaining relationships with their players.

Casinos probably don't hire sociologists but they do hire MBAs and these bean-counter types see what seems to work.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 262
  • Posts: 13900
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 13th, 2019 at 4:54:47 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

They should start listing those as features. Don't want to pay? Take the stairs to your room. JK


Actually, casinos often try to maximize their return on any investments including carpets and stairs, etc. I don't blame them at all. Waitresses in high roller areas will be attractive and even in the general casino area the most attractive waitresses get the prime shifts. Shills, such at a baccarat table that tpens in the late afternoon, will be used by a casino but not at some tiny little Let It Ride table.

Its just this absurd fee charge that rankles! I can understand levying a fee for a special use category such as a gym or sauna but see little justification for things like a fee for expected items. An internet access fee for extended use might be tolerable but never a fee for internet use in the lobby area where people need to contact friends or relatives and check someone's possibly delayed flight.

I think these screen-scraping sites that force casinos to be on the first page or lose out entirely may be the root cause of the much-hated resort fee charges. General search engines seem to return hotel booking services by the dozens before they display a hotel's actual web site.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 12147
August 13th, 2019 at 5:31:56 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Actually, casinos often try to maximize their return on any investments including carpets and stairs, etc. I don't blame them at all. Waitresses in high roller areas will be attractive and even in the general casino area the most attractive waitresses get the prime shifts. Shills, such at a baccarat table that tpens in the late afternoon, will be used by a casino but not at some tiny little Let It Ride table.

Its just this absurd fee charge that rankles! I can understand levying a fee for a special use category such as a gym or sauna but see little justification for things like a fee for expected items. An internet access fee for extended use might be tolerable but never a fee for internet use in the lobby area where people need to contact friends or relatives and check someone's possibly delayed flight.

I think these screen-scraping sites that force casinos to be on the first page or lose out entirely may be the root cause of the much-hated resort fee charges. General search engines seem to return hotel booking services by the dozens before they display a hotel's actual web site.



The resort fee at Caesarsí properties in AC that gives wireless access limits the guest to two devices. I wonder if you can ask them to double the resort fee if you have your kids in tow?
Vultures can't be choosers.
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 1509
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 13th, 2019 at 5:43:19 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

The resort fee at Caesarsí properties in AC that gives wireless access limits the guest to two devices. I wonder if you can ask them to double the resort fee if you have your kids in tow?

I actually ran up against this on a recent visit to Harrah's NOLA. There were three of us in the room, and they wanted another $10/day for an extra connection! We decided we could survive with just the two.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 12147
Thanks for this post from:
Joeman
August 13th, 2019 at 5:53:15 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I actually ran up against this on a recent visit to Harrah's NOLA. There were three of us in the room, and they wanted another $10/day for an extra connection! We decided we could survive with just the two.



I'd have paid it, said the three of you aren't going to gamble now because you had to pay it and then thank them for saving you money. I'd follow that up with an E-Mail saying same.

Although, it's not nearly as bad as the buried Resort Fees for Tropicana and Ocean Resort, with Ocean Resort being the worst offender. In the extremely fine print it says how much the Resort Fee is and that it is applied at check-in. Doesn't give you the option to pay it upfront and certainly doesn't show or indicate it in the price at booking.

Came as a surprise, too, because I've heard people talk about places doing that, but I'd never actually seen it.
Vultures can't be choosers.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 262
  • Posts: 13900
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 13th, 2019 at 6:41:19 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'd have paid it, said the three of you aren't going to gamble now because you had to pay it and then thank them for saving you money. I'd follow that up with an E-Mail saying same.

LOL. That would be great! And in reality if the kids have to squabble over computer games or something its not going to be much of a vacation for the wife and how willing will she be to ever return as a satisfied customer. If the wife can't send a photograph of the lovely room to her friends and relatives because there is insufficient internet access, just what sort of an ambassador of good will is created upon her return home?

>>>>>>>> Doesn't give you the option to pay it upfront and
>>>>>>>> certainly doesn't show or indicate it in the price at booking.
It is that attitude that is most annoying. If the hotel can't be friendly and generous to its guests do the dealers really think there will be an over stuffed toke box?
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 12147
August 13th, 2019 at 11:10:54 AM permalink
1.) Open a casino.
2.) Have a house edge.
3.) ???
4.) Profit.

How can it fail?

https://wizardofvegas.com/articles/the-death-march/
Vultures can't be choosers.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3453
August 13th, 2019 at 9:06:23 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'd have paid it, said the three of you aren't going to gamble now because you had to pay it and then thank them for saving you money. I'd follow that up with an E-Mail saying same.

Although, it's not nearly as bad as the buried Resort Fees for Tropicana and Ocean Resort, with Ocean Resort being the worst offender. In the extremely fine print it says how much the Resort Fee is and that it is applied at check-in. Doesn't give you the option to pay it upfront and certainly doesn't show or indicate it in the price at booking.

Came as a surprise, too, because I've heard people talk about places doing that, but I'd never actually seen it.



LOL....yeah that's sure to be effective......NOT

  • Jump to: