Poll

4 votes (17.39%)
19 votes (82.6%)

23 members have voted

Lovecomps
Lovecomps
Joined: Aug 12, 2018
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 403
April 3rd, 2020 at 2:14:21 PM permalink
In lieu of all of Vegas shuttering itself and the Covid virus accelerating faster than people thought it would, who thinks that the major strip property owners will go into bankruptcy?

I personally think no because they have cash in the bank plus credit lines to tap. There have been BK closures in the past but they were, by and large, in AC with mismanagement at the heart of the problem.
The best things in life are not free.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 423
  • Posts: 24002
Thanks for this post from:
rainman
April 3rd, 2020 at 2:33:02 PM permalink
Not right away but eventually. When they
reopen nobody will be flocking to the
casinos for a long time and most will
have to shut down or scale back
drastically. Vegas is done, I think. It
was on the way out anyway..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rainman
rainman
Joined: Mar 28, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1352
April 3rd, 2020 at 3:15:17 PM permalink
It will be very tough for LV to ride this out.
The psychological impact will keep people
from traveling to be in crowded locations.

Think of the convention industry, shows
etc...
This may be good for online legalization
nation wide which is what I want.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 829
April 3rd, 2020 at 4:58:27 PM permalink
It depends on how much money the owners have and their willingness to live if they get sick.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 139
  • Posts: 17966
Thanks for this post from:
DeMangoonenickelmiracle
April 3rd, 2020 at 6:44:10 PM permalink
Quote: rainman

It will be very tough for LV to ride this out.
The psychological impact will keep people
from traveling to be in crowded locations.

Think of the convention industry, shows
etc...
This may be good for online legalization
nation wide which is what I want.

If you are an advantage player, I'm not sure that's what you would want. In the short term there might be some good opportunities,however, in a long run I actually don't think it will be good, especially if it closes down all the offshore places and we have far less brick-and-mortar casinos.

Online that can track every aspect of what you're doing.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6675
April 3rd, 2020 at 7:29:53 PM permalink
I believe the new post coronavirus 'normal' will hurt the casinos specifically. The general overall unsanitary nature will be magnified. I think business will be down maybe 5-10% as a result of the public's changed attitudes.

I am guessing the cruise industry will be affected far more. Maybe down 15-20% going forward.

Airlines down a few percent.

Foreign travel down a few percent.

Travel to New York City? Down 10%?
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2001
April 3rd, 2020 at 7:34:55 PM permalink
I know I won't waste a dime in a casino that charges for parking and that also allows smoking.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2082
April 3rd, 2020 at 8:25:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I believe the new post coronavirus 'normal' will hurt the casinos specifically. The general overall unsanitary nature will be magnified. I think business will be down maybe 5-10% as a result of the public's changed attitudes.

I am guessing the cruise industry will be affected far more. Maybe down 15-20% going forward.

Airlines down a few percent.

Foreign travel down a few percent.

Travel to New York City? Down 10%?



Restaurants, bars and dance clubs that had normally been packed with wall to wall people... any entertainment or sport that involved a densely packed crowd

Also wonder how it affects barber shops, hair salons, nail salons , massages , businesses that rely on the complete opposite of social distancing. Obviously we all need to get our hair cut , but will anything be done differently forever in these places?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1310
  • Posts: 21483
April 3rd, 2020 at 8:43:50 PM permalink
I've been buying casino stock through this, while the prices are cheap. A year from now this will seem like ancient history.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
rainman
rainman
Joined: Mar 28, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1352
April 3rd, 2020 at 8:47:44 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

If you are an advantage player, I'm not sure that's what you would want. In the short term there might be some good opportunities,however, in a long run I actually don't think it will be good, especially if it closes down all the offshore places and we have far less brick-and-mortar casinos.

Online that can track every aspect of what you're doing.



It was a very narrow comment, I am a one trick
pony I need as many online stores as I can get.

  • Jump to: