Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2467
February 19th, 2019 at 4:40:53 PM permalink
RG, I think you're moving into interesting territory and encourage you to continue. I suspect that one of the reasons VP is slowly fading from the scene is the sheer monotony of the game to the average player. Purists will argue this point, and the game has had a few innovations over the years, but when you compare it to modern slots there's just no contest entertainment wise. Slots have animated graphics, bonus features, fun themes, TV/movie clips and music: you name it. With VP it's still mostly "beep beep beep beep beep--save save--beep beep beep" and repeat.

So why not bring the game into the 21st century? I'd love to play a game that triggers a bonus feature every once in a while to mix things up. A game could have several features (like a slot). Your own "Slide" and "Multidraw" ideas would both be fun bonuses (although you'd probably have to have the player pay as normal for such features over 10 games with the good pay table--vultures take note). How 'bout a multi-line feature: two games for the price of one for x turns with re-triggers? Or a simple pick a random card on the screen and it multiplies your wager by x? You're practically on an undiscovered country.

On the other hand, I fear such a direction would encourage casinos to water down the pay tables even more than they are (to be fair, depending on the bonus features, it may be justified), but what the hell; it's not like full pay machines are getting easier and easier to find. And 9/6 JoB will still be available ... somewhere.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 593
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
February 20th, 2019 at 3:37:45 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

RG, I think you're moving into interesting territory and encourage you to continue. I suspect that one of the reasons VP is slowly fading from the scene is the sheer monotony of the game to the average player. Purists will argue this point, and the game has had a few innovations over the years, but when you compare it to modern slots there's just no contest entertainment wise. Slots have animated graphics, bonus features, fun themes, TV/movie clips and music: you name it. With VP it's still mostly "beep beep beep beep beep--save save--beep beep beep" and repeat.

So why not bring the game into the 21st century? I'd love to play a game that triggers a bonus feature every once in a while to mix things up. A game could have several features (like a slot). Your own "Slide" and "Multidraw" ideas would both be fun bonuses (although you'd probably have to have the player pay as normal for such features over 10 games with the good pay table--vultures take note). How 'bout a multi-line feature: two games for the price of one for x turns with re-triggers? Or a simple pick a random card on the screen and it multiplies your wager by x? You're practically on an undiscovered country.

On the other hand, I fear such a direction would encourage casinos to water down the pay tables even more than they are (to be fair, depending on the bonus features, it may be justified), but what the hell; it's not like full pay machines are getting easier and easier to find. And 9/6 JoB will still be available ... somewhere.



Gialmere,

I couldn't agree more with your first thought. Video poker can be very boring and redundant which led me to creating my company with the goal of making it more fun and entertaining for the player. I understand in my quest to introduce new video poker games to players, there will always be a number of players who will not like them and I accept that since everyone has things they like and dislike and there is no way to make everyone happy. I also feel that if they give some of my games a chance they may change their minds or at least be more open to playing video poker in non-standard ways.

I'm still waiting for a company interested in using graphics, bonus features, fun themes, movie and TV characters etc. in a video poker game. I think the potential is there, but the only way that will happen, in my opinion, is you must have new video poker games with new ways to play and new mechanics. You can't take the current game and just change the skins....the gameplay has to be different and it will work.

You also have to change peoples thinking about the pay scale. I know we are all used to a set pay scale and we know what return to expect, but if you are paying a bit more for a potential bonus in a video poker game, I think you I would welcome looking the other way on winning 5 less coins for a full house or flush in exchange for more exciting gameplay and the potential for bigger jackpots. My thinking is definitely different and I have no intentions of upsetting traditional poker players, but in order for video poker to evolve the ways slots have players have to open to change.

You and I seem to be cut from the same cloth, Gialmere. We are looking for entertainment and excitement in our video poker games! Hopefully, we will get that soon or at least start taking steps in the right direction!

Thanks for your post!
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 593
Thanks for this post from:
kgb92GialmereMrCasinoGames
February 25th, 2019 at 7:02:49 PM permalink
I think we are finally at a point to share the demo for the game. Once again, we are still finalizing the RTP, frequency of the Lightning Bonus Card, and other minor tweaks, but feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.

We haven't included multipliers yet, but those will be included in later builds along with being able to retrigger the bonus once inside the bonus.

Demo Link: http://realizegamingllc.com/dev/lightningPoker/

kgb92
kgb92
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 25
Thanks for this post from:
RealizeGaming
February 25th, 2019 at 7:15:55 PM permalink
Wow that game is pretty good and lots of fun!!! I definitely think that you are onto something, especially with the bonus card in the deck!
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14238
Thanks for this post from:
RealizeGaming
February 25th, 2019 at 7:45:23 PM permalink
Well, I definitely get an adrenaline rush off the timer! Lol. That was fun!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 9416
February 25th, 2019 at 8:40:13 PM permalink
I like the concept but the math seems terrible. The game is still very buggy as the timer seems to go away before it should. The one card in the deck just comes up too often. The bonus means nothing as it happens too often.
Order from chaos
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
Joined: Dec 4, 2015
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 188
February 25th, 2019 at 9:03:53 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I like the concept but the math seems terrible. The game is still very buggy as the timer seems to go away before it should. The one card in the deck just comes up too often. The bonus means nothing as it happens too often.



Looks right for me

Timer setup is 30/30 and gone after 30 seconds
If player press DEAL, before timer expires he or she got an EXTRA time.

Bet and Bonus frequency must be adjustable and configurable
Create Fun Game!
Id rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 9314
February 26th, 2019 at 5:32:28 AM permalink
As a non VP player, this game would not be for an entry level player.

I am under the impression that math is done to figure out the return using optimal play on specific paytables for specific rules for VP games. Is there a maximum number of bonus games possible and has that been determined for the 30 second bonus round?
Let's say it is 30. If someone can do 30 you make the game a 99% game. What does it become if someone only does 2?
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 593
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
February 26th, 2019 at 1:50:48 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I like the concept but the math seems terrible. The game is still very buggy as the timer seems to go away before it should. The one card in the deck just comes up too often. The bonus means nothing as it happens too often.



Our next step in the game is to figure out the math now that we finished the bonus. We will also be adjusting the occurrence of the bonus card, but wanted to keep it as is for right now so players can at least experience the bonus regularly instead of having to wait 15 or so hands to see it again.

The timer will countdown to 30 seconds and then give you a chance to finish the last hand as long as the player hit the deal button to start another game in the bonus. We didn't want the game to cut off in the middle of a hand just because the timer expired.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 593
February 26th, 2019 at 1:52:13 PM permalink
Correct. The extra time means that you were able to hit the deal button to start another hand prior to the timer expiring and we want you to be able to finish your current hand.

  • Jump to: