SAMIAM
SAMIAM
  • Threads: 0
August 31st, 2016 at 12:32:49 PM permalink
Still a $5 market, despite limits being raised. Hard to attract new players when they have to bet 2 hands, knowing the object is to hopefully switch cards to split or double down. And you know the answer to the question, when you ask a pit boss why is this game $10 now " BECAUSE IT IS FRIDAY " haha
So a player who wanted try Switch on the weekend figures out a hand might have him betting $60-80. Way above the low limit player comfort zone. Especially on a game he is unsure about the proper strategy.
And push on 22 WTF haha
VonVester
VonVester
  • Threads: 5
October 3rd, 2016 at 10:27:58 AM permalink
Here it is, a month to go before Cutting Edge Table Games competition and I still don't have my booth furniture ordered. I am thinking of using Las Vegas Party Rentals to get a blackjack table and other furniture. I need some advice on how to arrange my booth (I have never done this sort of thing before.... ever).

Do I need chairs for my game tabled? I am thinking that at this competition most players will play a few hands and then move on to the next booth, not bothering to sit down at the table. But perhaps having chairs at the table will encourage players to sit and enjoy the game for a bit longer.

Where do I place rack cards and game information? Should I have a small standup cocktail table at the edge of my booth or should I have a sit down table in the back of the booth?

Do I need regular chairs for sitting and discussing the game in comfort?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
October 3rd, 2016 at 12:18:00 PM permalink
Chairs are standard for all such demos, simulating a real game-play environment. Besides, you will sit and talk together with a potential customer reviewing all game-related material.

Most rack cards for the game are standard the 4x10 or 4x11 rack cards, and are placed in plastic "take-one" dispensers at the corner of the table. Otherwise, the written materials can be placed at the corner of the table, at the 3rd base or 1st base area, so to speak.

Best of luck!
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 82
October 3rd, 2016 at 1:58:22 PM permalink
Quote: VonVester

Here it is, a month to go before Cutting Edge Table Games competition and I still don't have my booth furniture ordered. I am thinking of using Las Vegas Party Rentals to get a blackjack table and other furniture. I need some advice on how to arrange my booth (I have never done this sort of thing before.... ever).

Do I need chairs for my game tabled? I am thinking that at this competition most players will play a few hands and then move on to the next booth, not bothering to sit down at the table. But perhaps having chairs at the table will encourage players to sit and enjoy the game for a bit longer.

Where do I place rack cards and game information? Should I have a small standup cocktail table at the edge of my booth or should I have a sit down table in the back of the booth?

Do I need regular chairs for sitting and discussing the game in comfort?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I PMed you...

• Jump to: