Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
September 30th, 2013 at 4:16:56 PM permalink
I had to post this under "Game Inventor's corner" because there is no section for "minor scandals and humiliations." We did describe Lucky Win Bacc as being strong in game protection, but not as strong as the depiction or interpretation as its first AP report/sales sheet really is.

Don't get me wrong - the game is fine, just great to play. It was a representation in the game's new AP (Advantage Play Resistance) report that gave it "undeservedly stellar" robustness, when in reality, its countability is more typical of the nature of a 416 card shoe itself, - so we got lulled into believing that we can make a side bet become, or appear, totally robust, when it cannot yet thought that it was. Coming out of a 416-card shoe, just about any side bet can be tough.

We gave serious effort and consideration into making it relatively safe, by having various win triggers in the pay table to dilute key cards, but the winning 1 over 0 hands, and the 2 over lower hands, still give some weight to Aces and tens, as the pay table is not bottom heavy enough to fully dilute the effect.

I wanted to explain the situation here (- and many of a suspicious mind will inaccurately say "to come clean"), but really, it was non-nefarious clerical errors. Anyway, Lucky Win, just recently approved in Nevada, is decent in safety, and will be getting a new AP math report within 24 hours, - the true results will be posted for everyone's harsh eyes.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
September 30th, 2013 at 4:30:02 PM permalink
Takes a big man to admit when he is wrong.

" Trust me, if ANYONE would design in anti-AP play aspects into a new game, it would be PGD! "
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 30th, 2013 at 4:45:06 PM permalink
Gee , lucky guess on my part.

http://apheat.net/2013/09/30/card-counting-the-lucky-win-baccarat-side-bet/#more-4120
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
September 30th, 2013 at 5:12:02 PM permalink
1. at $25 per bet limit, which will be a standard side bet limit, it is one-fourth of $100 model used in the example in terms of "theoretical cash" obtain.

2. Eliot's post is extremely harsh on me and my company; mistakes were made and admitted to. Eliot's name is used for the rankings of the other side bets used as comparison, and not on Lucky Win line item.

3. As harsh as Eliot is on me at his site, I assure you the damage to me from this mistake, in terms of lost sales, professional ridicule, etc., far exceeds anything that Eliot will experience in terms of fallout, as it pales in comparison to the rightful and brutal beating he has bestowed upon me. And...I still owe him an apology, which he will indeed receive, and that I wish to present in person with great remorse, really. I also wish to state that no malice or nefarious actions were involved, as it was an error - and as soon as it was pointed out, I immediately and openly posted it, as well as requested an AP math re-run with corrections to be done, and will post that, also.

4. Steve How also did an analyis on the game at http://discountgambling.net/. Steve did a good analysis on the game, also treating it rough, but sparing me or any person or company any vitriol for the error.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 30th, 2013 at 5:45:08 PM permalink
I repeat " Takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. "
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
September 30th, 2013 at 5:54:01 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I repeat " Takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. "

Buzz, thank you.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
September 30th, 2013 at 6:08:02 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

2. Eliot's post is extremely harsh on me and my company; mistakes were made and admitted to. Eliot's name is used for the rankings of the other side bets used as comparison, and not on Lucky Win line item.

3. As harsh as Eliot is on me at his site, I assure you the damage to me from this mistake, in terms of lost sales, professional ridicule, etc., far exceeds anything that Eliot will experience in terms of fallout, as it pales in comparison to the rightful and brutal beating he has bestowed upon me. And...I still owe him an apology, which he will indeed receive, and that I wish to present in person with great remorse, really.

I didn't see your name mentioned at all, so it's hard to see how he was being harsh on you personally. I think he was taking umbrage at being associated with work he didn't produce (whether or not it was correct, though obviously the error looks worse than a correct result would have).

Perhaps this incident will enable you to justify additional resources being devoted to your QA processes. I frequently see gaming products being rushed out the door without adequate testing. That's fine when the stakes are low, such as virtual-currency social gaming. But when real money is on the line it gets expensive especially in regulated jurisdictions where you may need to resubmit.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 37
September 30th, 2013 at 6:34:22 PM permalink
After I posted my blog-rant I went to visit a friend, we played a few fiddle tunes and I drank a beer. On a re-read, I softened the tone of my blog post considerably, turning down the righteous indignation from 11 to about 7.

Here's the thing, the AP information is really wrong and my name was on the document in a way that didn't make clear that I had no responsibility whatsoever for the really wrong stuff. That's just bad. I'm glad I was the one to discover it, rather than have it hit me from behind and to have to do damage control.

Here is the offending part of the rack sheet:

In my blog post, I showed that the Lucky Win bet could be beat out of $142 per 100 hands using a balanced count. Stephen How got $149 with an unbalanced count.

Dan has been a real gentleman to me in our phone calls. Both Dan and Charles have expressed deep regret to me. I absolutely accept their apologies.
Visit my YouTube Channel: Advanced Advantage Play
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
September 30th, 2013 at 7:09:00 PM permalink
Eliot - thank you so much.

Like I said, I consider this an error that got through many checks, and one that I immediately posted an alert on once known, - and I am taking quick response to update all related documentation. (We used your standard dollar valuations for Dragon bonus through Lucky Nines.)

To summarize:
1. The error was immediately and openly reported when pointed out, and as a responsibility owed to all in gaming; I felt I had to report it. Me and my game gets a black eye. As a game designer, this alone is very painful and disheartening, hence the thread's title.
2. This will be corrected with accurate updates.
3. I have been rightfully horsewhipped.
4. I'm looking towards fixing it 100% and moving on.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
September 30th, 2013 at 7:27:20 PM permalink
In life, mistakes are made.....they are simply part of the journey....nothing done here appears to have been intentional, it was a mistake.

I don't know all the facts, but perhaps better labeling should have been done, better analysis of the vulnerability, etc.. But I don't think anyone intended to put out misleading information.....that just isn't how Dan or Charles roll as most of us who know the men personally can attest.

Reputations are not judged based on whether one has or hasn't made a mistake......we have all made mistakes. Rather, reputations are earned or lost based on our responses when mistakes are brought to our attention.

It appears to me that all parties are doing their best to correct the situation.....and I would expect nothing less from Dan or Charles....they are both stand up gentlemen with impeccable integrity in my book and will do whatever it takes to make it right......I would bet on it!!!

• Jump to: