jetermacaw
jetermacaw
Joined: Jul 3, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 37
February 9th, 2014 at 4:42:11 AM permalink
In AC all the 9/6 machines have a little sticker stating the amount of coin in to acquire 1 tier point. Some are 20:1, 25:1 and 50:1. Make note that there are alot of multi game machines with those little stickers and what ever game you choose on those machines will reflect those tier requirements.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3489
February 9th, 2014 at 6:14:38 AM permalink
Quote: jetermacaw

In AC all the 9/6 machines have a little sticker stating the amount of coin in to acquire 1 tier point. Some are 20:1, 25:1 and 50:1. Make note that there are alot of multi game machines with those little stickers and what ever game you choose on those machines will reflect those tier requirements.

Not as of yesterday at the Boat. One of the sparse 9/6 Jacks machines did show on the little meter at the top some ridiculous countdown number in the thousands. I stopped paying attention after that.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
February 9th, 2014 at 6:21:28 AM permalink
It probably should have a sticker though. And I would probably start an argument out of principle.
jetermacaw
jetermacaw
Joined: Jul 3, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 37
February 9th, 2014 at 7:18:32 AM permalink
They did have the sticker, saw it personally, ideal fingers might have removed them.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
February 9th, 2014 at 8:13:29 AM permalink
Penny wise but pound foolish perhaps. The only reason these machines even exist are to lure people there, then have them settle for other things. Take away from the greed factor and you wind up losing the side benefits.

It puzzles me how the casinos themselves screw with their own criteria for offers eliminating players not even sure if it's helping them. Someone complained offers were divided twice a week for the same amount then they lose all the people who double dip by enticing them to ruin their ADT. It just ends up being perverted and self-defeating and nothing is ever proven actually effective.
I am a robot.
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
February 9th, 2014 at 9:49:02 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

What did you think? I liked it alot, my GF didn't.

I liked it a lot. McCoughaney plays the role he was born to play, basically. I also liked the low-key way it was filmed. Very good indie, not for everyone obviously.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
skrbornevrymin
skrbornevrymin
Joined: Jun 24, 2011
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 168
February 9th, 2014 at 10:00:53 AM permalink
Quote: jetermacaw

In AC all the 9/6 machines have a little sticker stating the amount of coin in to acquire 1 tier point. Some are 20:1, 25:1 and 50:1. Make note that there are alot of multi game machines with those little stickers and what ever game you choose on those machines will reflect those tier requirements.



I wonder if one could assume that the ones requiring more coin in per tier point have better pay percentages or a lower house edge.
gpac1377
gpac1377
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
February 9th, 2014 at 10:28:57 AM permalink
Quote: skrbornevrymin

I wonder if one could assume that the ones requiring more coin in per tier point have better pay percentages or a lower house edge.


The machines may contain a mix of good and bad video poker games, so ideally you should be able to differentiate by examining the pay tables.

MGM penalizes certain slots by categorizing them as "specialty" games, but the returns are not necessarily better. Apparently the specialty games are more expensive for the casino due to licensing fees or other factors.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
Joined: Mar 3, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 718
February 9th, 2014 at 10:50:41 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Amen on the MBAs versus businessmen who know how to treat their customers.

I can't believe Green Valley and particularly Red Rock don't treat you better. Did you ask?

If you love MSS....llearn to like small older style rooms.



Actually, I haven't asked. I'll be staying at Gold Coast 3 nights and MSS 2 nights, all comped. This will be the first trip not at a CET property. We'll see how it goes. I plan to spend all Derby day at Red Rock. Maybe I'll get in enough play to ask about a comp for our August trip.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
February 9th, 2014 at 11:03:12 AM permalink
Quote: skrbornevrymin

I wonder if one could assume that the ones requiring more coin in per tier point have better pay percentages or a lower house edge.



The times I have seen machines set to $25 a point at CET properties, yes the games are generally the best ones you can find there, but one should always double check the paytable to be sure.

  • Jump to: