Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 23
March 1st, 2014 at 2:36:45 PM permalink
I was sorting through my offers today and noticed an offer from Sam's Town that featured a 'Gold Card at check-in for complimentary dining'. However, there were no details available in the email/offer page beyond saying that the specifics will be printed on the card.

Has anybody received this card before and could offer some insight?

Other info: 5 nights, 75$ 'free table bets', 'Gold Card' included. I haven't been to Sam's Town in over a year, but I clocked maybe 10k points there last time I was around and about an hour of 3$ 3-4-5 craps, and haven't been since. In the meantime, my card rank of ~180k points has fallen to ~5k through the gradual decay. Also: "This offer may be used again with 7 days between each stay."
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
March 1st, 2014 at 3:38:32 PM permalink
I believe the gold card allows unlimited dining for you and a guest, but independently owned restaurants are excluded.

The silver card also excludes Billy Bob's Steak House.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
March 1st, 2014 at 4:43:46 PM permalink
Just wanted to say that this gold card sounds awesome and if you take them up on it you should make sure to enjoy it :). I'm surprised they don't just have you charge it to your room and guarantee that it will be paid for, seems like a hassle (and more ways to abuse it) by giving you a separate card.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Venthus
Venthus
March 1st, 2014 at 6:52:07 PM permalink
Oh, I plan on it!

It occurred to me after gpac's response that this isn't the only place online for gambling info and searched around. Evidently, these cards aren't THAT rare and people've discussed them elsewhere. Somebody reported that it's valid for two people, 3x a day, including their steakhouse, where they got a 170$ meal taken care of with no problem. (Mentioned here: http://www.allvegaspoker.com/trip_detail_6648.html) Another site mentioned that one guy, who does have a host to sign off on stuff, regularly gets 500$ bottles of wine with it.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
March 1st, 2014 at 6:59:40 PM permalink
I see OP mentions 3-4-5 craps @ Sam's Town. I have not been there is a couple of years. No more 20x I guess?
Venthus
Venthus
March 1st, 2014 at 7:13:26 PM permalink
They may have had higher at the other tables; this was a 3$ table I was just killing time at while OD'd on caffeine and unable to sleep.

I could be mistaken too; it was a while and it wasn't very memorable-- my strongest memory of the place was being happy about being kicked out of the buffet at the breakfast->lunch changeover because it meant I didn't have to feel wasteful about leaving a pile on my plate. It, uh, wasn't very good.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 1st, 2014 at 7:37:01 PM permalink
I've used the gold card offer four times.

You get unlimited dining at the steakhouse, the mexican restaurant, the deli, TGI Friday's, and the ice cream parlor. Also unlimited free drinks at the bars. It is a pretty sweet offer. I've gotten $110 bottles of wine comped. The food does get boring after a while. The restaurants are generally mediocre. But it's fun to get full RFB, even if it is at Sam's Town. The steakhouse has a pretty good selection of premium liquors. Be sure to take care of your server.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Venthus
Venthus
March 1st, 2014 at 9:25:02 PM permalink
Do you check your action or anything, or is it more of a carte blanche (within reason) if you present it? I haven't clocked much at any Boyd properties in a while and I think the post where the guy said he gets 500$ wine, they contact his host first.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 2nd, 2014 at 3:01:48 AM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Do you check your action or anything, or is it more of a carte blanche (within reason) if you present it? I haven't clocked much at any Boyd properties in a while and I think the post where the guy said he gets 500$ wine, they contact his host first.

Carte blanche. I've never had a problem, nor talked to a host there. They've taken care of everything. It's hard to go over $200/day even if you eat at the steakhouse every day. Most expensive red is Silver Oak (Cabernet) for $110. Marvelous. Last time I asked for Moet & Chandon champagne and they didn't have it. Supposedly they have Dom Perignon for $400+ but I doubt it.

The food IS pretty terrible. The steakhouse does almost nothing well, and the Mexican is mediocre. The buffet is below average. I like stocking up on packaged food from the sports book deli. T.G.I. Friday's has some okay things. Bone-in ribeye at the steakhouse is decent, as is the lamb.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
FunkyDoctor
FunkyDoctor
  • Threads: 10
April 16th, 2014 at 1:02:02 PM permalink
One Gold Card update...Sam's has now put a $50 limit on the bottle of wine, unfortunately. The Ferrari-Cerano falls in that price range and is a pretty good pairing with your steak. If you go $5 or $10 over, they typically don't say anything.

I gotta disagree with teddys a bit in that I wouldn't consider the food there "pretty terrible". I would agree that most of the traditional Mexican and Willy & Jose's is mediocre, however they have some specialty dishes that are quite good. The steaks at Billy-Bobs are good. They are not top quality, but I have never been disappointed. The seafood there is a little lacking and I was disappointed in some of their sides, specifically the creamed spinach and mac and cheese. The tomato caprese salad is a winner and some of their soups have been excellent.

I avoid buffets, so no opinion there, and Fridays is Fridays. However, I am a big fan of the sports book deli. I thought their reubens and Philly cheese steaks were quite good, and they have pretty good chef salads and cobb salads that I often take to go...especially as I am checking out.

Overall, the gold card program is a winner in my book and worth giving play at Sammie's to get it.

• Jump to: