7come11
7come11
  • Threads: 1
December 18th, 2009 at 9:48:51 AM permalink
OK, we know that if you play 9/6 JoB with perfect strategy you get 99.54% return in the long run. But what happens if you apply the same strategy on a 8/5 BP machine or play the FPDW strategy on a 10/7 DB machine? It would be interesting to see a table that lists the effect of playing different strategies on different games! I assume that you always get less payback for using the "wrong" strategy, but it would be interesting anyway to know how big the penalty is for doing so. Thanks!
Bob Vollenweider www.diceman.us
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
December 18th, 2009 at 4:30:23 PM permalink
Quote: 7come11

OK, we know that if you play 9/6 JoB with perfect strategy you get 99.54% return in the long run. But what happens if you apply the same strategy on a 8/5 BP machine or play the FPDW strategy on a 10/7 DB machine? It would be interesting to see a table that lists the effect of playing different strategies on different games! I assume that you always get less payback for using the "wrong" strategy, but it would be interesting anyway to know how big the penalty is for doing so. Thanks!

Using the wrong strategy for a similar game (i.e. 9/6 Jacks on BP, DB, or DDB) is easy to calculate. A page with lots of these "wrong strategy" calculations can be found here.

Using the strategy from a completely different type of game, such as FPDW for 10/7 DB, has probably never been calculated by anyone. Since you're comparing apples to oranges, it wouldn't be as easy to compute, though it is of course possible. I imagine the results of such a comparison would not be pretty, probably between 60% and 70% return.
  • Jump to: