Thread Rating:

ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 78
Thanks for this post from:
VladAlex1RealizeGaming
March 21st, 2020 at 7:49:18 PM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

The check above will enable the auto placer so you can see the logic the program is using to place cards.

I checked the above, and it seems to be working correctly for the first 125 games I played.

I also checked if "never trading " would change the game from a player edge game into a house edge one, here are the results.

Estimated cost of "never trading": $2,500
Actual Profit/(loss): $3,360
Turnover: $3,750
Profit on turnover: 89.6%
Estimated profit on turnover (if I traded "optimally"): 156.26....%

Note: For the above, I wanted to test at least 200 games, but the game refreshed and when it came back on, it now has a check box for something that says "show best trade".

So, I played another 125 games, using both the "show best place" and "show best trade", but this time I was mainly testing the "wins to losses" (see results below).

Win: 119 games
Push/"Breal-even": 3 games
Loss: 3 games***
***: I only lost $25 in total over these 3 games.

Actual Profit/(loss): $9,055
Turnover: $3,750
Profit on turnover: 241.466...%

If I add the two tests together, then this is my overall result (this summary assumes I traded close to optimally in the first test).

Actual Profit/(loss): $14,915
Turnover: $7,500
Profit on turnover: 198.866....%

----
Last edited by: ksdjdj on Mar 21, 2020
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 55
March 22nd, 2020 at 6:10:55 AM permalink
Thanks for the information ksdjdj. We definitely need to adjust the numbers and we are working on it.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 22nd, 2020 at 6:12:43 AM permalink
The game has been updated to show the "trade logic" and the "place logic" by default. If both boxes are checked, the auto trade and place will highlight the location that the card(s) will be traded and placed. If anyone notices any questionable trades or places, please post a screen so we can then go back and adjust the logic. Overall, I think the logic is very good, but we could have missed some tougher hands.

http://realizegamingllc.com/dev/tradeNPlace3x3/
Last edited by: RealizeGaming on Mar 22, 2020
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 78
March 22nd, 2020 at 3:11:51 PM permalink

Thanks for the information ksdjdj. We definitely need to adjust the numbers and we are working on it.

Hope this is helpful:
I did another 100 game test, to see how many of the "big payouts" occur:

Short Royal: 2
St. Flush: 15
3 of a kind: 21

Profit: 7,700
Turnover: 3,000
"Profit on turnover": 256.66...%

----
To "try and keep the pay table in it's current format", one idea I had would be to charge*** an extra $30 for a "trade", $30 for a "place", and also only pay out the single biggest prize (see examples)

***: This would mean a game could cost up to $90 (probably too expensive).

Eg1: If your final hand consists of a st. flush, and a 3 of a kind, you would only get paid 200, instead of 350.

Eg2: If your final hands consists of 2 straights and a flush, you would only get paid 25, instead of 65

Important: By doing this, I don't know if the game will have a house edge or not, as it is above my skill level to work out.

There are plenty of other ideas to try, one could be to reduce the payout by about 30%, again, it is above my skill level to work out if this results in a house edge (this is just a "ball-park" guess).

----
The "show best place" and "show best trade" feature seem to be working properly for me, so far.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:56:18 PM permalink
Quote: ksdjdj

Hope this is helpful:
I did another 100 game test, to see how many of the "big payouts" occur:

Short Royal: 2
St. Flush: 15
3 of a kind: 21

Profit: 7,700
Turnover: 3,000
"Profit on turnover": 256.66...%

----
To "try and keep the pay table in it's current format", one idea I had would be to charge*** an extra $30 for a "trade", $30 for a "place", and also only pay out the single biggest prize (see examples)

***: This would mean a game could cost up to $90 (probably too expensive).

Eg1: If your final hand consists of a st. flush, and a 3 of a kind, you would only get paid 200, instead of 350.

Eg2: If your final hands consists of 2 straights and a flush, you would only get paid 25, instead of 65

Important: By doing this, I don't know if the game will have a house edge or not, as it is above my skill level to work out.

There are plenty of other ideas to try, one could be to reduce the payout by about 30%, again, it is above my skill level to work out if this results in a house edge (this is just a "ball-park" guess).

----
The "show best place" and "show best trade" feature seem to be working properly for me, so far.

All great idea, ksdjdj. Ideally, I think we may have to really look at changing the pay scale, but we will see. I also don't mind going with a 60 credit wager as I think that will help a bit. Time will tell!
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 23rd, 2020 at 5:12:56 PM permalink
Sorry it has taken the whole day for me to post this and respond to some of the new posts, but my other job took most of my time today.

Just a reminder that you can uncheck the buttons at the bottom if you want to choose which cards to trade and where to place each of the "place" cards. If you want to see the logic of either the "auto trader" or "auto placer", keep the boxes checked and the move will be highlighted for you.

We have also added a new button that can be used to replay the hand. Change the pull down arrow shown below from random to "place card test 1" and the game will replay the last hand.

RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 24th, 2020 at 8:45:37 AM permalink

Sorry it has taken the whole day for me to post this and respond to some of the new posts, but my other job took most of my time today.

Just a reminder that you can uncheck the buttons at the bottom if you want to choose which cards to trade and where to place each of the "place" cards. If you want to see the logic of either the "auto trader" or "auto placer", keep the boxes checked and the move will be highlighted for you.

We have also added a new button that can be used to replay the hand. Change the pull down arrow shown below from random to "place card test 1" and the game will replay the last hand.

I made a mistake on this post, but we have since added a "replay last round" button where you can choose this option to see a replay of the last hand. Huge props to Alex, my computer/math guy, for taking the time to put this feature into the testing phase of the game.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
Thanks for this post from:
VladAlex1RealizeGaming
March 24th, 2020 at 1:05:58 PM permalink
Just played the 3 card game. Now getting the trade card a LOT less frequently. Probably lowered the player advantage to 20-30%. But also took most of the 'fun' out of the equation. Just placing a single card is mindless. If you know the paytable there is no strategy involved. I enjoyed it when you had to think as you do on a possible trade.

For the 5 card game, you do have to think because you are getting two cards, so there are a few neurons involved on the first place card.

Keep refining!
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 24th, 2020 at 4:13:06 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Just played the 3 card game. Now getting the trade card a LOT less frequently. Probably lowered the player advantage to 20-30%. But also took most of the 'fun' out of the equation. Just placing a single card is mindless. If you know the paytable there is no strategy involved. I enjoyed it when you had to think as you do on a possible trade.

For the 5 card game, you do have to think because you are getting two cards, so there are a few neurons involved on the first place card.

Keep refining!

Thanks SOOPOO. I agree with you. The three card version needs alot of work yet. I personally like the 5x3 version better right now for the reason you mentioned above. We will keep working on it.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 25th, 2020 at 7:05:05 AM permalink
Our early simulations show a return of around 152% without using the trade card at all. If we keep the trade card (the current frequency of it's appearance), we may have to move the bet to 75 credits. We are still working on it, but we may have to adjust the pay scale a bit which shouldn't be a problem since it is not traditional three card poker.

After playing for awhile the last two days, do you think the straight should be worth more than the flush? It just seems like the straight in this game is much easier to achieve. I know that is not the case when playing traditional three card poker as the straight is harder to obtain.

• Jump to: