Thread Rating:

RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 55
March 17th, 2020 at 4:49:52 PM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

I was slightly confused to get back a card I had thrown away - easy to spot there were three Aces on a diagonal and I threw two away and got two back! Had some luck getting two SFs but seemed to have a winning run.

You definitely shouldn't get the same card back. The entire game is dealt from one single deck. I will keep an eye out for this.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 17th, 2020 at 4:53:02 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Definitely early beta testing for the criss-cross format. Offhand I'm thinking the number of trade/place cards should be reduced from 3 to 2.

Edit: Hmm... I had a hand where the forced placement actually reduced my payout. That's something to think about.

This 3-card version will be an interesting nut for you to crack.

Gialmere,

Our latest version of the 3x3 game allows for either one trade n place or just a single place (if the trade card isn't dealt into the matrix). This seems like a good balance, but will need more time to get a better feel for it.

I've also had a few situations where the place card hurt me, but I enjoyed the challenge of trying to find the best place for it with the least amount of sacrifice to my win.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 17th, 2020 at 4:54:26 PM permalink

The update is only one $5 unit in, so you're getting six paylines for the price of one.

Good catch, Gialmere. We will get it updated to show 30 credits for the wager.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 18th, 2020 at 6:04:36 PM permalink
Game is updated to 30 credit wager.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 37
Thanks for this post from:
RealizeGaming
March 19th, 2020 at 7:30:09 PM permalink
I don't know about this one RG. The 6 units in helps a little but the game still hemorrhages money. The math just might not be there for this configuration.

I can usually win around $40 per hand and the average take would be higher since straight flushes are uncommon but hardly rarities. In fact, a rarity would be a hand that loses. So the game really needs a hammer and chisel taken to it.

You could make the trade card a single card in the deck so it shows up every 5 or 6 hands but, as Gordon points out in the 5-card thread, the trade card is the big fun factor. That leaves a heavily watered down pay table like...

Pair..............$5
Flush...........$10
Straight.......$15
3 OaK..........$20
St Flush.......$25
Mini Royal...$30

Even this (with the trade card appearing at its current rate) would be too generous.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
March 20th, 2020 at 5:55:15 AM permalink

I don't know about this one RG. The 6 units in helps a little but the game still hemorrhages money. The math just might not be there for this configuration.

I can usually win around $40 per hand and the average take would be higher since straight flushes are uncommon but hardly rarities. In fact, a rarity would be a hand that loses. So the game really needs a hammer and chisel taken to it.

You could make the trade card a single card in the deck so it shows up every 5 or 6 hands but, as Gordon points out in the 5-card thread, the trade card is the big fun factor. That leaves a heavily watered down pay table like...

Pair..............$5
Flush...........$10
Straight.......$15
3 OaK..........$20
St Flush.......$25
Mini Royal...$30

Even this (with the trade card appearing at its current rate) would be too generous.

Agree with Gialmere. At present pay table player advantage likely exceeds 100%. The problem with the paytable Gialmere presents is that it would take the fun out of the game. Imagine hitting your mini royal and just breaking even! No way a pair should pay anything. Eliminate that and bump the mini royal.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 30
March 20th, 2020 at 8:45:38 AM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

I was slightly confused to get back a card I had thrown away - easy to spot there were three Aces on a diagonal and I threw two away and got two back! Had some luck getting two SFs but seemed to have a winning run.

From playing a few more times I have worked out that "Trade" actually means "Swap" - personally I have heard "Trade in cards" as a term in Lunar or similar Poker when you can trade one (or more) of your cards for new ones.

I can see the "Swap" feature enables you to create (say) a straight or, more importantly, three of a kind. So it is probably a very useful feature for the player.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 20th, 2020 at 4:21:53 PM permalink
We are working on getting the logic down for the "place" portion of the game. The link below will highlight the most optimal "place" location after the trade is complete. Give it a try and let us know if you see any issue with the "auto-placer" logic.

http://realizegamingllc.com/dev/tradeNPlace3x3/

Also, we might be a bit adventurous using six payline for this game, but I like it. I wonder if we just play the three horizontal lines if that would be a better option to keep the game more balanced. I appreciate all your comments because it really gets us thinking.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
Thanks for this post from:
RealizeGaming
March 20th, 2020 at 4:26:54 PM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

We are working on getting the logic down for the "place" portion of the game. The link below will highlight the most optimal "place" location after the trade is complete. Give it a try and let us know if you see any issue with the "auto-placer" logic.

http://realizegamingllc.com/dev/tradeNPlace3x3/

Also, we might be a bit adventurous using six payline for this game, but I like it. I wonder if we just play the three horizontal lines if that would be a better option to keep the game more balanced. I appreciate all your comments because it really gets us thinking.

I enjoy playing the game. I think if all the payouts were halved it would approach a slight house edge game. Just a guess of course. The 'thinking' part is complicated (and why I enjoy it) because of the need to think both vertically and horizontally. If it is just horizontal I surmise it will feel like a slot machine where you just push some buttons and can turn off your mind.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
March 20th, 2020 at 6:22:00 PM permalink

The check above will enable the auto placer so you can see the logic the program is using to place cards.

• Jump to: