Puckerbutt
Puckerbutt
  • Threads: 1
Thanks for this post from:
RS
September 4th, 2019 at 5:03:02 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

But then I seem to think outside the box for most of you guys so who knows

Is all this "thinking outside the box" regarding freeplay a direct result of your daughter getting scammed out of $4K?
If'n I'd a knowed you wanted to have went with me - I'd a seen that you got to get to go.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 261
September 4th, 2019 at 5:07:28 AM permalink
Quote: Puckerbutt

Is all this "thinking outside the box" regarding freeplay a direct result of your daughter getting scammed out of $4K?

It seems so natural on here for insults to start coming when people realize their arguments just cant compete with my logic
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz 
September 4th, 2019 at 5:15:02 AM permalink
I will try to give another real world example although you guys just seem determined not to understand.

You work in a comic book store.

You purchase comics from your distribution company for $2 a copy and sell them for $4 apiece.

A guy comes in with the same title and says he wants to sell it to you for $3.

According to RS, he thinks it wise to purchase the book for $3 because in his mind he is making an extra buck if he didnt have that extra copy (I guarantee his boss would be hopping mad he paid $3 for the same item that costs only $2.

According to Axelwolf, the shop owner is dead wrong because this proves the shop owner is dry on funds. He should have spent more for an item than he needed to because ANY profit is good profit.
Puckerbutt
Puckerbutt
  • Threads: 1
September 4th, 2019 at 5:23:12 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It seems so natural on here for insults to start coming when people realize their arguments just cant compete with my logic

It wasn't meant as an insult, and frankly, I don't know how it can be taken as such. It is merely a logical question based on historical information that you have posted.
If'n I'd a knowed you wanted to have went with me - I'd a seen that you got to get to go.
darkoz
darkoz 
September 4th, 2019 at 5:36:41 AM permalink
Quote: Puckerbutt

It wasn't meant as an insult, and frankly, I don't know how it can be taken as such. It is merely a logical question based on historical information that you have posted.

Okay I will take the question then at face value.

My daughter was involved in the purchase of freeplay and wss scammed (by a former poster on here who shall not be named.)

I also purchased freeplay at various times in the past from that poster. I dont remember all the details of the deal we made back then for freeplay purchase. I do remember as certain requirements were unable to be met it invariably resulted in renegotiated deals. I did come out somewhat satisfied in the end.

However purchasing freeplay just wasn't worth it to me when the final scam with my daughter went down. That scam had been targeted at me. It was me who was offered the purchase of the freeplay and by then I didnt feel it was worth the price for the reasons I have stated in this thread.

My daughter however was building her own thing and looking for a shortcut so she went ahead and set up her own deal. And unfortunately that cost her.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 193
September 4th, 2019 at 7:45:22 AM permalink
Let's play.
I can earn $5,000 in free play at a cost of $2,000.
I can buy $5,000 in free play for $4,000.
In the first scenario, I make a $3,000 profit but have to put in some time and effort.
In the second, I make $1,000 with less effort.
Tough choice.
Why not do the third scenario, do both and make $4,000 with about the same effort as the first option.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
September 4th, 2019 at 7:52:31 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Let's play.
In the first scenario, I make a $3,000 profit but have to put in some time and effort.
In the second, I make $1,000 with less effort.
Tough choice.
Why not do the third scenario, do both and make $4,000 with about the same effort as the first option.

Thank you Billy. Dark's inability to not be able to answer the question.. "WHY NOT DO BOTH!!!!!" is hurting my brain. If dark would have said..... 'if I use that bought free play it would limit my ability to use my other free play', I'd understand. If he said, 'I've been scammed buying free play in the past', I'd understand. But I CAN'T UNDERSTAND, from the hypothetical no side effects from using the free play, why anyone would not want $1000 worth of free play for $500, when they can reliably turn that into $900+.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
September 4th, 2019 at 8:07:04 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Let's play.

I think I do see darkozís point.

If I can get $5000 in Freeplay by either paying $2000 or $4000, then while both of those might be good deals, why not just put all my money/resources into the $2000 cost method ?

That $4000 I spend buying it from someone , can instead be used to generate $10,000 in FP

The only thing you give up is some time , since buying it is much less time consuming then playing to earn it
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 193
September 4th, 2019 at 8:09:55 AM permalink
People here have a tendency of painting themselves into corners, and then doubling down, if I may mix metaphors.
EdgeSorter
EdgeSorter
  • Threads: 0
September 4th, 2019 at 8:14:08 AM permalink
What about online free play that must be churned through 30 times? Assuming the free play is only allowable on a traditional slot machine format (no VP, no simulated table games, etc.), how would you go about playing the actual machine?

I understand that MAX BET usually has a slightly higher EV, but the variance could quite easily take your whole comp. I was thinking that maximizing number of lines and minimizing bet per line would be the way to go. (Also NOTE that i-gaming slots usually show the theoretical payback in the rules section. Obviously, this is another major factor.)

Thoughts?

• Jump to: