smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 66
March 23rd, 2018 at 9:59:16 AM permalink
Hopefully this point isn't relevant to you: as far as I know, most IGT video poker machines keep a hand history of only the last 25 hands.

So if you're going to speak up, do it as soon as possible.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
March 23rd, 2018 at 10:44:52 AM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

I should have been more clear...they did not confirm that the button held and unheld, Iím not sure if they even can confirm this. They just confirmed the hand history.

They can not tell this from the machine.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
March 23rd, 2018 at 11:48:56 AM permalink
Since they are getting good play out of you anyways they should pay you the $800. You are what is called in many corporations a "Preferred Customer." They would be shooting themselves in the foot thrice if they didn't pay you the $800. One, $800 is really not all that much money. People lose $5,000 on games in one fell swoop constantly so with just one losing game they made back over 50 times the money they paid you. Two As a Preferred Customer you already giving them good play so they'd be foolish to drive you away for a measly $800. Three, you can badmouth them to your friends and family and they lose potential customers. All for not paying such a trivial amount....
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 53
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
March 23rd, 2018 at 12:01:18 PM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

Hopefully this point isn't relevant to you: as far as I know, most IGT video poker machines keep a hand history of only the last 25 hands.

So if you're going to speak up, do it as soon as possible.

I spoke up while the final hand was displayed. The manager took a picture of the hand history showing what I was originally dealt and the final hand. Based on my experience with these folks they are decent people, hopefully they will do something for me. I called the slot director this morning and left a voicemail, no return call yet.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1367
March 23rd, 2018 at 12:39:55 PM permalink
I maintain what happened here is the player meant to press the button but just didn't press it hard enough to register. Sorry, but if this is the case, I would have to say the player has no legal leg to stand on. I think the best strategy is to ask very nicely and maybe play the sympathy card. Most slot managers would base their decision mostly on the value of the player. If the player has a net lifetime profit, I don't see them doing anything.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 53
March 23rd, 2018 at 1:08:35 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I maintain what happened here is the player meant to press the button but just didn't press it hard enough to register. Sorry, but if this is the case, I would have to say the player has no legal leg to stand on. I think the best strategy is to ask very nicely and maybe play the sympathy card. Most slot managers would base their decision mostly on the value of the player. If the player has a net lifetime profit, I don't see them doing anything.

I agree that I don't have a LEGAL leg to stand on. And even if I did, it is pretty clear to me that my EV is much higher if I can make them like me and allow me to keep playing rather than filing a complaint etc over $800. My hope is that they will pay it because I have consistently been a good customer. That said, I have been on a particularly hot streak over the past few months so they probably will show me being substantially up, although I lost more than $2k last night.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 64
March 23rd, 2018 at 5:05:51 PM permalink
I've had that happen but you must stop the game. Don't play another hand. They can get the attendant to verify the hand and whether the button sticks.

I had my 4 aces paid from a sticky button at the VP bar at the Suncoast.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1367
March 23rd, 2018 at 5:11:15 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

I had my 4 aces paid from a sticky button at the VP bar at the Suncoast.

Ha! The buttons seem to be usually sticky at the bar there. The sports bar or the one by Dupars?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 64
March 23rd, 2018 at 5:15:07 PM permalink
Sports bar. But that's a common occurrence at any machine at the bar.as soon as I discover the button sticks or its dead I will call am attendant and get it fixed or move to a different machine

• Jump to: