NathanV
NathanV
  • Threads: 5
March 13th, 2018 at 4:14:50 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Here you go.

Your link posted wouldn't even do anything unless someone already had the put in.

Whenever I try to post the full link, the *** part disappears. I assume it's an anti-spam measure against new accounts.

"New members are not allowed to post links until they reach 20 posts." And it says this when I tried to type youtube dot com.

If you can edit the OP to include the link that would be nice.
NathanV
NathanV
March 13th, 2018 at 4:18:10 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Nathan I mean no disrespect, but... there s always a but. How do we know that the video is not sped up. Even speeding it not o 1.2 wouldn't make it much different but would increase your hands greatly. Again no disrespect, just asking the question..

I think it would make the sounds wrong.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
March 13th, 2018 at 4:22:26 PM permalink
Quote: NathanV

If you can edit the OP to include the link that would be nice.

That won't work because it would still be your post, I'm pretty sure.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 13th, 2018 at 4:24:59 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Why would he go to the trouble of faking it? It never occurred to me to ask the question. Just puzzled at the suggestion.

Why would people say they can 100 nuggets and show up to eat 22? People just do.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 13th, 2018 at 4:25:51 PM permalink
Quote: NathanV

I think it would make the sounds wrong.

That is very true.

Was that your full speed or could you go faster?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 13th, 2018 at 4:28:29 PM permalink
He's hitting deal/draw on left machine (or maybe max bet), probably thinking for a split second, "Son of a Bismark, I'm trying to play as fast as I ca.....oh, nice!"
NathanV
NathanV
March 13th, 2018 at 4:34:46 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

That is very true.

Was that your full speed or could you go faster?

If I attempted this a dozen more times right now I'm sure I could get over 2700/hour, and even better if I got really lucky and got dealt only easy hands and little to no 4 or 5 card holds. You can see plenty of time wasted holding multiple cards then deselecting all of them because of stuff like high cards vs 3 to straight flush that's hard to see. I've been playing video poker for a few months and only realized playing two machines at once was something people seriously did about a week ago after reading the Wizardofodds page on the speed challenge; that video was the result after I practiced for a few days. I don't want to claim too much without producing though, and once the progressive on those machines gets +EV again I'll do some more attempts on video.
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 4:39:03 PM permalink
NathanV,

I'm really impressed at 15:01, you almost make the, "Wrong," play holding all four high cards, but then self-correct and keep KhJh because of the adjustment for the Progressive. That's not something most people would look up, much less know off of the tops of their heads (though you did hesitate for a second) and it was also a crazy-close decision!

Did you look at the dollars on the Progressive and divide by five already knowing where the cutoff is for that switch?
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
NathanV
NathanV
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 4:48:45 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

NathanV,

I'm really impressed at 15:01, you almost make the, "Wrong," play holding all four high cards, but then self-correct and keep KhJh because of the adjustment for the Progressive. That's not something most people would look up, much less know off of the tops of their heads (though you did hesitate for a second) and it was also a crazy-close decision!

Did you look at the dollars on the Progressive and divide by five already knowing where the cutoff is for that switch?

There was a funny thing about that hand.

KJss>AKQJx, when 'x' is not same suit and not nine @ $5100
KJss>AKQJ9, when 'x' is not same suit @ $5400

The royal was $5420.

I didn't remember how much the nine penalized and felt kind of screwed there because I knew it was borderline and wanted to play every hand right for the challenge, so I took longer than I would've. Normally I wouldn't care at all and know that playing more hands per hour is much more important than any slowdowns for penalty considerations. That was the only hand where I remember restraining myself and my hand pausing before hitting draw.

The regular KJss vs AKQJ would've been instantaneous.
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 5:00:50 PM permalink
I almost watch that video like a sporting event, if videos like that got broadcast on ESPN, that hold would be SportsCenter's Play of the Week.

• Jump to: