Poll

3 votes (30%)
1 vote (10%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (20%)
1 vote (10%)
1 vote (10%)
1 vote (10%)
1 vote (10%)
1 vote (10%)
3 votes (30%)

10 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 11:33:06 AM permalink
One video poker game I've never fully understood the rules for is Powerhouse Poker. It is probably the most popular video poker variant not covered on WoO because I can't perfectly quantify the rules. What we do know is that if player gets a paying hand on the deal, he wins bonus hands. Some of these bonus hands will have a multiplier. The game tells you the number of bonus hands and the maximum multiplier, but not an average multiplier or a sum of multipliers. In playing 9-5 Jacks 5-play at VideoPoker.com, I've gathered the sum of the multipliers for only the bottom three hands, as follows:

Hand Base pay Number bonus hands Maximum multiplier Sum of multipliers
Royal flush 800 3 3 ?
Straight flush 50 3 3 ?
Four of a kind 25 3 3 ?
Full house 9 9 5 ?
Flush 5 9 5 35*
Straight 4 9 5 ?
Three of a kind 3 9 5 15
Two pair 2 9 2 10
Jacks or Better 1 3 3 5


Here are some examples by hand dealt:

Jacks or better: 1-1-3, 1-2-2 (both total 5)
Two pair: 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2 (total of 10)
Three of a kind: 2-1-1-3-1-1-3-2-1, 3-2-1-3-1-1-1-1-2 (total of 15)

Can anyone explain what is going on with the higher hands on the deal?

The question for the poll is do you play Powerhouse Poker?

* Verified by Miplet
Last edited by: Wizard on Dec 19, 2017
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
Thanked by
fryse
December 19th, 2017 at 11:39:04 AM permalink
I've played it on the site but wouldn't for real money.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 2116
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 12:15:57 PM permalink
My flush had 1-3-4-4-4-4-5-5-5 for a sum of 35
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 12:35:25 PM permalink
Quote: miplet

My flush had 1-3-4-4-4-4-5-5-5 for a sum of 35



Was this for 9-5 Jacks? If not, what was the base pay on a flush?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 2116
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 1:25:01 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Was this for 9-5 Jacks? If not, what was the base pay on a flush?

Yes.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 1:39:32 PM permalink
Thank you.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 2116
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 1:39:46 PM permalink
Full house 1-4-5-5-5-5-5-5-5 for 40
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 2116
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
Thanked by
fryse
December 19th, 2017 at 1:46:14 PM permalink
Another flush 2-2-3-3-5-5-5-5-5 total 35. Pic available if needed.
3rd flush 2-2-3-4-4-5-5-5-5 for 35
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 1:49:17 PM permalink
Here is a similar table for 10-play 9-5 Jacks or Better.

Hand Base pay Number bonus hands Maximum multiplier Value of bonus hands
Royal flush 800 9 2 ?
Straight flush 50 9 2 ?
Four of a kind 25 9 2 ?
Full house 9 9 10 ?
Flush 5 9 10 ?
Straight 4 9 10 ?
Three of a kind 3 9 10 30
Two pair 2 9 10 20
Jacks or Better 1 9 2 10


There is some discussion about the question at hand in the VideoPoker.com forum but nobody there seems to know the answer or even understand what the question is.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 645
  • Posts: 4356
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
December 19th, 2017 at 1:57:17 PM permalink
interesting.. like Double Pay except you get a random return for winning dealt hands in the form of random bonus hands instead of a fixed amount.
and to add to the variance, some of the bonus hands are multiplied.
an action junkie's dream!

the sum of the multipliers are fixed for each type of winning dealt hand?

and you cant calc the returns?
have you asked the manufacturer?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 2:30:52 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

and you cant calc the returns?



I think I can analyze the 9-5 Jacks version at least if I can get the sum of the multipliers for a straight and full house. Looking for volunteers to play it until these hands hit on the deal. I think I can assume the same sum as for a high pair for a four of a kind or higher.

Meanwhile, I have the hard math done, meaning the probability of each hand according to the type of starting hand. It will just be a matter of putting it all together once I get those figures for a straight and full house.

Quote:

have you asked the manufacturer?



I asked them on Nov 20 and just heard back today but there was a misunderstanding and I didn't get the information I needed. So I just asked again but it could take a while to get another reply.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 2116
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 2:49:08 PM permalink
Full house #2 was 1-4-5-5-5-5-5-5-5 for 40

Why is straight being so elusive?

Finally straight 1-2-2-2-3-3-4-4-4 for 25
Last edited by: miplet on Dec 19, 2017
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 3:15:42 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

One video poker game I've never fully understood the rules for is Powerhouse Poker. It is probably the most popular video poker variant not covered on WoO because I can't perfectly quantify the rules. What we do know is that if player gets a paying hand on the deal, he wins bonus hands. Some of these bonus hands will have a multiplier. The game tells you the number of bonus hands and the maximum multiplier, but not an average multiplier or a sum of multipliers. In playing 9-5 Jacks 5-play at VideoPoker.com, I've gathered the sum of the multipliers for only the bottom three hands, as follows:

Hand Base pay Number bonus hands Maximum multiplier Sum of multipliers
Royal flush 800 3 3 ?
Straight flush 50 3 3 ?
Four of a kind 25 3 3 ?
Full house 9 9 5 ?
Flush 5 9 5 35*
Straight 4 9 5 ?
Three of a kind 3 9 5 15
Two pair 2 9 2 10
Jacks or Better 1 3 3 5


Here are some examples by hand dealt:

Jacks or better: 1-1-3, 1-2-2 (both total 5)
Two pair: 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2 (total of 10)
Three of a kind: 2-1-1-3-1-1-3-2-1, 3-2-1-3-1-1-1-1-2 (total of 15)

Can anyone explain what is going on with the higher hands on the deal?

The question for the poll is do you play Powerhouse Poker?

* Verified by Miplet


Playing this game on the videopoker.com phone app is giving me different sums of multipliers. I'll play again later and get some screen shots.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 3:45:46 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Playing this game on the videopoker.com phone app is giving me different sums of multipliers. I'll play again later and get some screen shots.



Thanks. Please do. Just to check, we're talking about 5-play 9-5 Jacks.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 3:48:05 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks. Please do. Just to check, we're talking about 5-play 9-5 Jacks.


Ok. I've been playing 10 play. I'll still get some screenshots and hopefully hands not listed like dealt quads.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 3:58:28 PM permalink
Quote: miplet

Full house #2 was 1-4-5-5-5-5-5-5-5 for 40

Why is straight being so elusive?

Finally straight 1-2-2-2-3-3-4-4-4 for 25



Thanks Miplet! Did I ever say you're worth your weight in Palladium?

Next step is to break down conventional 9-5 Jacks by starting hand, just to make sure I did the breakdown right.

Hand on Deal Combinations Probability Average win Expected win
Royal flush 4 0.000002 800.000000 0.001231
Straight flush 36 0.000014 50.000000 0.000693
Four of a kind 624 0.000240 25.000000 0.006002
Full house 3744 0.001441 9.000000 0.012965
Flush 5108 0.001965 5.410570 0.010634
Straight 10200 0.003925 4.103404 0.016104
Three of a kind 54912 0.021128 4.302498 0.090905
Two pair 123552 0.047539 2.595745 0.123399
Jacks or better 337920 0.130021 1.546896 0.201129
Low pair 760320 0.292548 0.836504 0.244717
Trash 1302540 0.501177 0.552135 0.276717
Total 2598960 1.000000 0.984498


That return is a match. Will make for a good trivia question -- what's better to get on the deal, a random three of a kind or random straight (excluding straight flushes and royal flushes)?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 4:05:35 PM permalink
So far on 5 play, everything is matching up. BTW, since I switched from 10 play, I'm crushing it!

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 4:09:25 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

BTW, since I switched from 10 play, I'm crushing it!



Congratulations on the royal! That means you're buying drinks tonight. I'll have a side car.

The total multipliers depend on how many hands you play. Only fair you should get more if betting more hands.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 4:10:41 PM permalink
Okay, I believe this to be the first analysis on Powerhouse posted online. Again, this is for 5-play 9-5 Jacks. I welcome all questions, comments, and corrections.

Hand on Deal Combinations Probability Average win Average bonus hands Total hands Expected win
Royal flush 4 0.000002 800.000000 5 10 0.001231262
Straight flush 36 0.000014 50.000000 5 10 0.000692585
Four of a kind 624 0.000240 25.000000 5 10 0.006002401
Full house 3,744 0.001441 9.000000 40 45 0.058343337
Flush 5,108 0.001965 5.410570 35 40 0.04253577
Straight 10,200 0.003925 4.103404 25 30 0.048313237
Three of a kind 54,912 0.021128 4.302498 15 20 0.181810226
Two pair 123,552 0.047539 2.595745 10 15 0.18509872
Jacks or better 337,920 0.130021 1.546896 5 10 0.201129304
Low pair 760,320 0.292548 0.836504 0 5 0.122358679
Trash 1,302,540 0.501177 0.552135 0 5 0.138358683
Total 2,598,960 1.000000 0.985874204
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 4:15:24 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Congratulations on the royal! That means you're buying drinks tonight. I'll have a side car.

The total multipliers depend on how many hands you play. Only fair you should get more if betting more hands.


Haha, unless they're free drinks!

Yeah more multipliers and bigger ones on ten play. Do you plan on doing that and triple play analysis?
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 4:17:56 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Yeah more multipliers and bigger ones on ten play. Do you plan on doing that and triple play analysis?



I'd like to. I'll need to get the sum of the multipliers for every hand from jacks or better up to a full house. I am asking for volunteers to help me get this information. You may wish to state which game you're playing to avoid multiple people doing the same game.

Personally, I'll work on 5-play Bonus Poker.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 4:24:52 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'd like to. I'll need to get the sum of the multipliers for every hand from jacks or better up to a full house. I am asking for volunteers to help me get this information. You may wish to state which game you're playing to avoid multiple people doing the same game.

Personally, I'll work on 5-play Bonus Poker.


I have some screen shots from 10 play 9/5 JoB that I'll post later. From memory though, I can confirm that on dealt J's through A's always get a single 2x on the ninth of the extra hands.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 4:28:27 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I have some screen shots from 10 play 9/5 JoB that I'll post later. From memory though, I can confirm that on dealt J's through A's always get a single 2x on the ninth of the extra hands.


Dealt 3oak.

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 4:30:33 PM permalink
Full house

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 4:35:01 PM permalink
Two pair

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 4:38:21 PM permalink
Please keep them coming.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
December 19th, 2017 at 4:49:09 PM permalink
I'll start on Deuces. I don't have imgur, so I'll just type what they are.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 5:15:35 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'll start on Deuces. I don't have imgur, so I'll just type what they are.



Sorry, please don't do any deuces wild game (PM also sent). My Powerhouse program isn't set up to analyze any deuces wild game, although I could fix it so it could. May as well get all the other games out of the way first, if I ever get that far.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
December 19th, 2017 at 5:16:57 PM permalink
Okay, I have to leave in a few, anyway. We should keep a running list of what has been done and what people are on in this thread.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 5:17:01 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Personally, I'll work on 5-play Bonus Poker.



Here are the total multipliers for 5-play Bonus Poker:

Jacks: 5
Two pair: 10
Three of a kind: 20
Straight: 20
Flush: 20
Full house: 30
Four deuces: 5

I'll work on 3-play Bonus Poker next.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 5:43:25 PM permalink
Here is the full return table for 7-5 Bonus Poker 5-play.

Hand on Deal Combinations Probability Average win Average bonus hands Total hands Expected win
Royal flush 4 0.000002 800.000000 5 10 0.001231
Straight flush 36 0.000014 50.000000 5 10 0.000693
Four of a kind 624 0.000240 32.692308 5 10 0.007849
Full house 3,744 0.001441 7.000000 30 35 0.035294
Flush 5,108 0.001965 5.410570 20 25 0.026585
Straight 10,200 0.003925 4.103404 20 25 0.040261
Three of a kind 54,912 0.021128 4.507721 20 25 0.238103
Two pair 123,552 0.047539 2.425532 10 15 0.172961
Jacks or better 337,920 0.130021 1.564687 5 10 0.203443
Low pair 760,320 0.292548 0.830307 0 5 0.121452
Trash 1,302,540 0.501177 0.552011 0 5 0.138328
Total 2,598,960 1.000000 0.986200


The return for standard 5-coin 7-5 Bonus is 0.980147.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 2116
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
December 19th, 2017 at 6:05:07 PM permalink
I’ll do trip play triple double bonus
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 19th, 2017 at 9:56:25 PM permalink
A couple of straights.


DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
December 19th, 2017 at 11:44:38 PM permalink
I'll do 10 play DDB
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
December 20th, 2017 at 2:10:01 AM permalink
10 play 9-5 DDB
JOB 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 =10
2PR 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 5 5 = 20 (ALL TOTALS SAME, INDIVIDUAL HANDS VALUE UP TO 9X Here on up)
3oak 1 1 2 2 2 3 5 7 7 =30
Straight 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 7 7 = 40
Flush 3 3 5 6 6 6 6 7 8 = 50

played 5k hands, eyes quit, no dealt fh. Will have to try again.

had several big pays, including dealt 4A. pic to come. Verification: dealt 4oak regardless of value = 10 with one single 2x pay in bonus.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 645
  • Posts: 4356
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
December 20th, 2017 at 6:55:42 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Okay, I believe this to be the first analysis on Powerhouse posted online. Again, this is for 5-play 9-5 Jacks. I welcome all questions, comments, and corrections.

Hand on Deal Combinations Probability Average win Average bonus hands Total hands Expected win
Royal flush 4 0.000002 800.000000 5 10 0.001231262
Straight flush 36 0.000014 50.000000 5 10 0.000692585
Four of a kind 624 0.000240 25.000000 5 10 0.006002401
Full house 3,744 0.001441 9.000000 40 45 0.058343337
Flush 5,108 0.001965 5.410570 35 40 0.04253577
Straight 10,200 0.003925 4.103404 25 30 0.048313237
Three of a kind 54,912 0.021128 4.302498 15 20 0.181810226
Two pair 123,552 0.047539 2.595745 10 15 0.18509872
Jacks or better 337,920 0.130021 1.546896 5 10 0.201129304
Low pair 760,320 0.292548 0.836504 0 5 0.122358679
Trash 1,302,540 0.501177 0.552135 0 5 0.138358683
Total 2,598,960 1.000000 0.985874204

regular 9/5 JoB is 98.4% so +.19% gain for this gimmick.

meh.

anything over 99%?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 20th, 2017 at 7:11:06 AM permalink
I'll get a flush picture for my game later. The app keeps freezing up on me.
Last edited by: Ibeatyouraces on Dec 20, 2017
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 645
  • Posts: 4356
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
December 20th, 2017 at 9:09:49 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

interesting.. like Double Pay except you get a random return for winning dealt hands in the form of random bonus hands instead of a fixed amount.
and to add to the variance, some of the bonus hands are multiplied.
an action junkie's dream!

the sum of the multipliers are fixed for each type of winning dealt hand?

and you cant calc the returns?
have you asked the manufacturer?

so I played this on vp.com and I was wrong about random hands for the bonus round.

it's not random. you keep the winning hand from the draw.
so if you get a dealt straight/flush/fh, then you keep all 5 cards in the bonus round.

kinda like Extra Draw Frenzy except you get the bonus for all winning hands and not just 3oak.

and since 3/5/10play all get 9 bonus games, does that mean 3play is the obvious choice to play?
edit: nope.. the higher the hand count, the more the multipliers.
ie: 10play gets more multipliers than 3play
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 20th, 2017 at 9:12:40 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I'll get a flush picture for my game later. The app keeps freezing up on me.



Here is what I have so far for 10-play JoB:

High pair: 10
2 pair: 20
3 of a kind: 30
Straight: 50
Flush: ?
Full house: 40

So just need that flush and we'll be good for that game.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 20th, 2017 at 9:13:53 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

10 play 9-5 DDB
JOB 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 =10
2PR 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 5 5 = 20 (ALL TOTALS SAME, INDIVIDUAL HANDS VALUE UP TO 9X Here on up)
3oak 1 1 2 2 2 3 5 7 7 =30
Straight 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 7 7 = 40
Flush 3 3 5 6 6 6 6 7 8 = 50

played 5k hands, eyes quit, no dealt fh. Will have to try again.

had several big pays, including dealt 4A. pic to come. Verification: dealt 4oak regardless of value = 10 with one single 2x pay in bonus.



Thanks Barb. Just need that full house value and I can crunch the numbers.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 20th, 2017 at 9:21:18 AM permalink
Hold the presses. My contact came through for the tables for Double Double Bonus and I think will give me the other games later, now that it's understood what I'm asking for. Here is the multiplier table for 9-5 and 8-5 Double Double Bonus:

Dealt Hand 3-Play 5-Play 10-Play
Royal Flush 3 5 10
Straight Flush 3 5 10
Four A's + Any 2,3 or 4 3 5 10
Four 2's,3's,4's + Any A,2,3,4 3 5 10
Four Aces 3 5 10
Four 2's,3's,4's 3 5 10
Four 5's Through K's 3 5 10
Full House 18 30 60
Flush 15 25 50
Straight 12 20 40
Three of a Kind 9 15 30
Two Pair 6 10 20
Jacks or Better 3 5 10
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
December 20th, 2017 at 9:34:11 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Here is what I have so far for 10-play JoB:

High pair: 10
2 pair: 20
3 of a kind: 30
Straight: 50
Flush: ?
Full house: 40

So just need that flush and we'll be good for that game.


Finally!

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
December 20th, 2017 at 10:24:19 AM permalink


And one just for fun. Feel free to use either to illustrate.



Glad you were able to tap your source.

Seems odd JOB 10 play FH is less than STR or FL value.

DDB is more logical. I figured it had to be 60, but of course needed proof.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 20th, 2017 at 4:34:13 PM permalink
My source came through with the multipliers I needed for every game. So far my new page on Powerhouse Poker covers Triple Double Bonus and Double Double Bonus.

As always, I welcome all questions, comments, and especially corrections.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 645
  • Posts: 4356
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
December 20th, 2017 at 6:17:50 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

My source came through with the multipliers I needed for every game. So far my new page on Powerhouse Poker covers Triple Double Bonus and Double Double Bonus.

As always, I welcome all questions, comments, and especially corrections.

nothing over 99%
:(
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
prozema100xOdds
December 23rd, 2017 at 12:10:25 PM permalink
My page on Powerhouse Poker is pretty much done. Please have a new look. I analyzed 31 different games and pay tables for this page. My spreadsheet on it is gigantic.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
Thanked by
100xOdds
December 23rd, 2017 at 12:31:22 PM permalink
3 3 4 10 bonus deuces might be worth a spin.
fryse
fryse
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 22, 2017
December 24th, 2017 at 9:17:16 AM permalink
I've played it on the site but wouldn't for real money.
handsNftRmangos
handsNftRmangos
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 20
Joined: Mar 11, 2020
January 12th, 2021 at 6:59:35 AM permalink
Great write up, as always, on Powerhouse Poker. Any info on the variance of these games in relation to standard VP equivalents (ie you posted the change in return showing the slight advantage compared to regular JoB/Bonus/etc, but some data on variance would help, at least me, determine if there’s any value in this slight return advantage or if the game is too volatile for my liking. ). Thanks in advance!
calwatch
calwatch
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 244
Joined: Feb 7, 2010
January 7th, 2023 at 1:54:49 PM permalink
The Jackpot Gents have been playing a lot of Powerhouse Plus, which uses the same multipliers as original Powerhouse but distributes them as individual hands rather than arbitrarily multiplying the payback of some of the hands on the top screen. I think the variance for Powerhouse Plus is less than original Powerhouse given that you have multiple hands, but both are of course more volatile than the original game. I would tend to like Powerhouse Plus to give me more chances at a desired outcome, for example if I drew three aces to get to that fourth ace. Mathematically on EV, of course, it's the same.
  • Jump to: