CD
CD
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 28, 2016
November 28th, 2016 at 11:36:36 AM permalink
Hi, new to these forums, so I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question.

Has anyone heard of stations denying chairman perks to players who achieved chairman solely through full pay deuces wild?

Also, has anyone received the free cruise that chairmen get?

Thx for any help.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
  • Posts: 26498
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
November 28th, 2016 at 11:52:13 AM permalink
I can't speak to being Chairman but I used to be President level about half way to the Chairman point. I got good mailers and treated nicely. Then one month it all stopped. I asked a friend who had a friend who worked there who said I was put on the DNI list, which stands for Do Not Invite.

I would imagine that Stations would honor anything in writing that Chairmen are supposed to get but wouldn't have any compunction to offer none of the other nicities if they felt a player were not profitable.

Finally, I thought the FPDW games only earned points at a fraction of the rate of other machines. Given they are only 25-cents, it would take ages to earn Chairman status.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 943
Joined: Jul 27, 2016
November 28th, 2016 at 2:01:31 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I can't speak to being Chairman but I used to be President level about half way to the Chairman point. I got good mailers and treated nicely. Then one month it all stopped. I asked a friend who had a friend who worked there who said I was put on the DNI list, which stands for Do Not Invite.

I would imagine that Stations would honor anything in writing that Chairmen are supposed to get but wouldn't have any compunction to offer none of the other nicities if they felt a player were not profitable.

Finally, I thought the FPDW games only earned points at a fraction of the rate of other machines. Given they are only 25-cents, it would take ages to earn Chairman status.



I know a few people who got to Chairman by playing the 99.8% games on 3X point days. This was before they slashed the points on those as well (to 1/4 the regular rate). But every one of those persons I talked to said that they had been no-mailed very soon afterwards. Also, it's my understanding that Chairman status expires much more quickly than the other levels--you have to top up your play every three months. You could still get there by playing $1 DB or DDB, but who's to say that they wouldn't immediately cut you off?

I'm Platinum there, and while I put in a fair amount of coin-in, it's all on the +100% machines, so all I ever get is a mailer with a reduced room rate calendar. That's actually not terrible, though: it's usable for multiple 3-day periods (as long as there's 3 days in between), and the rates are in the $25-30 range Sun-Thu and $49-69 Fri-Sat, with no added resort fee. It's often the cheapest alternative when I'm in town.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2594
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
November 28th, 2016 at 2:04:28 PM permalink
Quote: CD

Hi, new to these forums, so I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question.

Has anyone heard of stations denying chairman perks to players who achieved chairman solely through full pay deuces wild?

Also, has anyone received the free cruise that chairmen get?

Thx for any help.




Don't even think about it. Might have been viable 20 years ago, but nowadays if you want to play 25-cent FPDW, do so without your players card.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 943
Joined: Jul 27, 2016
November 28th, 2016 at 2:39:33 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Don't even think about it. Might have been viable 20 years ago, but nowadays if you want to play 25-cent FPDW, do so without your players card.



That's actually bad advice. Playing with the card inserted DOES earn SOME points (at Stations). Furthermore, you're eligible for the frequent kiosk games, which have fairly small prizes but you always win something. Also, if you're over 50, you're eligible for the senior promos. Also, it's generally beneficial to have a record of your wins and losses, which player's club records will provide (yes, you should show a profit, and that's taxable, but unless you play a ridiculous amount, that won't be very much money). As I mentioned above, I DO get some mailers at Platinum level, even though I play only the 100% machines.

The worst that could happen is that you get no-mailed, which places you in the exact same position you would have been if you had never used the card in the first place. This is true for all player's clubs. Even if you get NO points (as is the case in some casinos when you play their best machines), there are other potential benefits from using the player's card. Some people would say that doing so while only playing 100%+ could get you barred, but that isn't happening very much any more. There are several casinos where I play only 100%+ games and I am a lifetime winner, but I've never been barred or even no-mailed. I think you have to be a pretty big player to draw their attention (or possibly, abuse a promo in some fashion).
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 627
Joined: Feb 18, 2016
November 28th, 2016 at 3:27:44 PM permalink
I just earned Chairman status recently. So did two of my family members in the household. We mostly played slots but some VP. Slots were way the best of it for months before the Palms changed over. They were offering 10x and 11x slots days and you could earn as many Gift Cards as you wanted which gave you 7% on your card. I pushed for this since I realized the Palms sold out to the Evil Empire and I knew they would instantly tier match from HoF card to the Chairman Card. What I didn't realize was that I only needed 100k pts instead of the 150k pts for Hof Card. I ended up having about 750k tier pts because of this on my card alone. You see the Evil Empire tier matched the 100k pts from the palms into the 3x everday pt system making Chairman very easy to obtain. Now I hope we get the free cruises and I will let you know if we do. It is not going to be very fun trying to maintain this level with this Entity that I do not really play with but I will probably try to with playing the JoB games until they fix them and some of the other high 99% games on certain point days but I really do not see the need to keep Chairman Status. However I do know of some people at the palms getting 1200 in Free Play per month at the moment which is pretty sweet. I currently get 400 per month for myself with 160 in food comps. The other two family members get the same. I am waiting to see what they knock us down to next month since we haven't played this month at all. If I can remember I will post an update in a few months.
CD
CD
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 28, 2016
November 29th, 2016 at 2:37:41 AM permalink
Thank you all for the replies.

I've been playing fpdw for a couple months and I haven't been barred yet. I can achieve chairman if I grind a little in december, but not sure it's worth it if I can't get the cruise.

Does anyone know how to see if you're on the dfi list?

Is there really a chance of getting barred if you only play fpdw? On the one hand, I don't see why stations would care about a quarter player, but on the other hand, I could see why a casino would not want anyone consistently beating them.
Last edited by: CD on Nov 29, 2016
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
Thanked by
bobbartop
November 29th, 2016 at 2:53:41 AM permalink
Don't know the chance of actually getting barred for playing FPDW, probably pretty low I would imagine. But I'd guess the most likely cause of getting barred is by having a big win (many RF's and 2's in short time).

If I played FPDW, I wouldn't use a card, because I may want to use it for something that actually makes sense down the road. If I could do all the AP stuff over again, I would have gotten a players card much less frequently than I did.
doughtaker
doughtaker
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 36
Joined: Oct 26, 2015
December 1st, 2016 at 6:31:22 PM permalink
So here's the thing with Stations: you're basically dealing with two different kinds of points -- slot points and tier points.

Slot points are the points you can cash in for free play, pay for meals, etc. Assuming a normal day with no bonus multiplier promo, you earn slot points at the same rate on reels and video poker, based on your coin-in. The lone exception is the FPDW/100%+ machines which earn at a fractional rate.

Tier points have no redeemable value, but they determine your status. All video poker games are equal in the eyes of tier points, and the "penalty" is that video poker earns tier points at 1/3 the rate of reels.

My opinion is that member CD has nothing to worry about for now. However, I also believe that trying to predict what Stations will do as far as DNI, mailers, etc. goes is a futile exercise given that their past history in these matters has been all over the map.
denstarr
denstarr
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 25, 2016
December 1st, 2016 at 9:45:13 PM permalink
All the various status levels at the Stations expire every 6 months, with no rollover of excess points. This doesn't matter whether you are a chairman or a gold.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
December 1st, 2016 at 10:10:52 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Don't know the chance of actually getting barred for playing FPDW, probably pretty low I would imagine. But I'd guess the most likely cause of getting barred is by having a big win (many RF's and 2's in short time).

If I played FPDW, I wouldn't use a card, because I may want to use it for something that actually makes sense down the road. If I could do all the AP stuff over again, I would have gotten a players card much less frequently than I did.



Time for multiple identities.😀
  • Jump to: